• Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

First post here, hi everyone!

For the Liverpool match, I'd have Frank use a 3-4-1-2. Our wide options are limited right now (even with Hudson-Odoi available...) and two up front with a man behind them will allow us to have bodies in the final third to put pressure on their backline.

I'd go for:

Kepa
Azpilicueta - Christensen - Zouma
James - Kante - Kovacic - Alonso
Havertz
Giroud - Werner

Werner works wonderfully with a target man partner, so Giroud can be our 'Poulsen', with Havertz in his strongest position in the #10 entering pockets of space to release Timo. It was a struggle to leave Jorginho out of my lineup as I felt he had a good game against Brighton, however Kovacic shines when pressed which we all know Liverpool do so well.

13 minutes ago, Revachol said:

For the Liverpool match, I'd have Frank use a 3-4-1-2. Our wide options are limited right now (even with Hudson-Odoi available...) and two up front with a man behind them will allow us to have bodies in the final third to put pressure on their backline.

I'd go for:

Kepa
Havertz
Giroud - Werner

Werner works wonderfully with a target man partner, so Giroud can be our 'Poulsen', with Havertz in his strongest position in the #10 entering pockets of space to release Timo. It was a struggle to leave Jorginho out of my lineup as I felt he had a good game against Brighton, however Kovacic shines when pressed which we all know Liverpool do so well.

I like the look of this lineup and hope we play this.

Extra protection at the back, Havertz can have a free role to roam around and create chances, Giroud can be a target man to win long balls and flick it to teammates and Werner can play a little wide and make runs into space. 

Hopefully, Lamps trains these boys on quick one touch pass and movements so that we are fluid.

7 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I like the look of this lineup and hope we play this.

Extra protection at the back, Havertz can have a free role to roam around and create chances, Giroud can be a target man to win long balls and flick it to teammates and Werner can play a little wide and make runs into space. 

Hopefully, Lamps trains these boys on quick one touch pass and movements so that we are fluid.

Exactly.

If Frank is going to copy anyone this season, it will be Nagelsmann's Leipzig for this game. Certainly with the players we have available, this is surely the best way to go.

However,3 at the back with wide men will simply not work. Giroud & Werner will be key.

After all the frustration that the first game made me feel, expectations are already much lower, I am prepared for anything that can happen in this game.

And if it goes badly, it will be Kepa's fault, the defense, the weather, the grass, anything but the person in charge of this team.

probably the most disingenuous bullshit I have read all year

Frank Lampard’s blue privilege will go only so far against self-made Klopp

Backed by a clutch of costly summer arrivals, the bristling Chelsea manager must back his jibes with results

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/19/frank-lampards-blue-privilege-self-made-jurgen-klopp-chelsea-liverpool

last time I checked, spending £320m in 2 seasons (and over £400m in 3 out of 4) was not self-made, you fucking prat, Barney

2 hours ago, Revachol said:

I'd go for:

Kepa
Havertz
Giroud - Werner

Replace Havertz with Mount and I will agree.

I can sense a lot of people on this forum are itching to see Havertz start in his favored position and prove his worth.

I'm going to take the unpopular route and say that he still needs time to bed in.

I absolutely dont want him to start, fail and then have the entire media and pundits jump on his back and Chelsea's back., especially after a crunch fixture like this.

Unless he is the type of player who loves turning up for big games, I do not expect to him to improve dramatically tomorrow,..not after last weeks show and certainly not against Liverpool.

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

probably the most disingenuous bullshit I have read all year

Frank Lampard’s blue privilege will go only so far against self-made Klopp

Backed by a clutch of costly summer arrivals, the bristling Chelsea manager must back his jibes with results

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/19/frank-lampards-blue-privilege-self-made-jurgen-klopp-chelsea-liverpool

last time I checked, spending £320m in 2 seasons (and over £400m in 3 out of 4) was not self-made, you fucking prat, Barney

OMG...the Liverpool bias is unending.

One little heat of the moment decision made by Lampard and these Liverpool hounds jump on it like some kind of unnerving itch.

If they win another title this season it would be simply unbearable, not because of Klopp and his team, but because of biased clowns like these. They're everywhere.

33 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I can sense a lot of people on this forum are itching to see Havertz start in his favored position and prove his worth.

I'm going to take the unpopular route and say that he still needs time to bed in.

I absolutely dont want him to start, fail and then have the entire media and pundits jump on his back and Chelsea's back., especially after a crunch fixture like this.

Unless he is the type of player who loves turning up for big games, I do not expect to him to improve dramatically tomorrow,..not after last weeks show and certainly not against Liverpool.

Ive looked back at how his supporters thought of him. (Also Werner and Ziyech) And each of them were slagged off by their own fans to start with, and some always did.

Because they take/create so many shots and chances there are some that go horribly wrong. Shots miles wide, passing to opposition etc. But because the good so weigh out the bad, the MAJORITY of supporters turned it around and understood them.

Because we have such patient and understanding fan base I really dont see that being a problem here.

Do you?

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to drop Havertz for tomorrow's game, or even for the next few games. Pulisic last season took time to adapt to the PL, and when he finally got back in the starting 11 he looked like a different player. Lampard spoke about how he wanted to protect him in an interview. I remember Pep doing the same with Sane and Bernardo when they arrived.

5 hours ago, Revachol said:

I'd go for:

Kepa
Havertz
Giroud - Werner

About - E.Y.M.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Ive looked back at how his supporters thought of him. (Also Werner and Ziyech) And each of them were slagged off by their own fans to start with, and some always did.

Because they take/create so many shots and chances there are some that go horribly wrong. Shots miles wide, passing to opposition etc. But because the good so weigh out the bad, the MAJORITY of supporters turned it around and understood them.

Because we have such patient and understanding fan base I really dont see that being a problem here.

Do you?

Like you said, it depends on how often the good outweighs the bad. 

Hopefully everyone will be patient with Havertz and give him the chance to come into his own.

Media is going to be ruthless though, simply because of his price tag.

Good to see you back btw. Been a while!

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Like you said, it depends on how often the good outweighs the bad. 

Hopefully everyone will be patient with Havertz and give him the chance to come into his own.

Media is going to be ruthless though, simply because of his price tag.

Good to see you back btw. Been a while!

And of course because its us!