21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

I am not really hearing or reading anything concrete so I doubt we get such abreakthrough overnight in a potential 80m deal

The Times now confirming yesterday’s reports that there’s been a breakthrough in the talks and that deal is very close:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-closing-in-on-ben-chilwell-jjb93qh76

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Marina wouldn't pay more than 80mil euros for Havertz. She sure isn't going to pay more than that for Chilwell. Sky reported before that Leicester softened their stance on their initial asking price. People are just speculating. We don't even know if the info that came out today is real.

£80m she would do, and we would split it up into 2 or 3 payments, with £50m going this year, then £30m next, or, if Bayer would do it, £15m and £15m

Bayer will never sell him for only €80m, that is only £72m

pre covid the were talking €120m (£108m)

pre covid Dortmund wanted €140m for Sancho (£127m), and they said nope to anything under €115m or so (£104m) which is around a 18% (little less) drop

Bayer will drop the price on Havertz, but not by €40m, which is a 33% drop, or almost double the % of Sancho's drop (so far) in terms of discount

40m euros is shitload to a medium sized club like Bayer, and they are under little to no true pressure to sell him as he has not put in a transfer request

11 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

If this is correct, I'd imagine the club will be pretty happy with this. Considering all the rumours were Leicester demanding £80m (and have held firm in the past on their valuations for the likes of Drinkwater, Mahrez and Maguire) to knock that down to around £50m initial is pretty good going.

The additional clauses have never really bothered me to be honest because most of them will usually relate to either or a combination of the team and player doing well. 

Just now, Puliiszola said:

Ummm. The fact that it would eat away at our budget, budget which could have been spent on a CB and a Gk and even DM.

In we are getting a CB and GK then it will already be in the budget wont it..... clubs don't do a deal at a time then check the change!

37 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

In we are getting a CB and GK then it will already be in the budget wont it..... clubs don't do a deal at a time then check the change!

Then why were we looking at chilwell alternatives? If that was the case, would not we just pay up and be done with it?

Is not the fact that chilwell seemed to be out of out budget the only thing stopping us from making the transfer happen?