Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Mikel is the most overrated player by our fans , you can fuck all you want with statistics showing that Mikel is a very good DM , but he isn't , he is simply not even among the best in the EPL , and btw yes Scott Parker is definitely better than Mikel in terms of defensive and offensive contributions.

Along the pages i have seen statistics comparing between Mikel and Romeu , where it mentioned that Mikel's passing accuracy is 90% , while Romue was at 81% but Romue's passes where much much more meaningful and effective than all of Mikel' passes.

It showed that Mikel had a better successful tackles % but the truth is while Mikel enjoys walking slowly to opponents who usually pass the ball before he reaches them , Romue and the likes of Parker usually harass their oppositions forcing them to make a bad pass or at least a back pass If they didn't get the ball , So basically the case for Mikel is less number of tackles= less number of errors , less no. of forward passes= less no. of misplaced passes ..... etc.

Right now , it's pretty obvious that Mikel is our 1st choice DM but for a defensive team that might work , if Di Matteo really wants to play attacking football we can wave Mikel good-bye.

yes ignore statistics and use your HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE opinion as fact ... No thanks I will take the fact that he has been used by

all our managers including JM

Mikel is the most overrated player by our fans , you can fuck all you want with statistics showing that Mikel is a very good DM , but he isn't , he is simply not even among the best in the EPL , and btw yes Scott Parker is definitely better than Mikel in terms of defensive and offensive contributions.

If anything Mikel's the most UNDERRATED player on the Chelsea roster.

I like Mikel, he does really well under pressure, and I'm satisfied with his performances most of the time. His consistency over the years has proved his quality, and imo he deserves to be a first team player next season. And his performance in Munich was nothing short of excellent.

I like Mikel, he does really well under pressure, and I'm satisfied with his performances most of the time. His consistency over the years has proved his quality, and imo he deserves to be a first team player next season. And his performance in Munich was nothing short of excellent.

don`t worry mate he`s here for years to come. the coaches,his team mates and punters through the turnstiles are happy with him. there`s no reason for him not to be one of the first names on the team sheet. after Cech he`s the player we would most miss if he had a long term injury.

I think opinions will always be divided on Mikel. Mikel is very good at what he does (ball retention, quick accurate passes) and is no doubt very good for the squad, but I can understand the sentiments of those who seek more from a DM.

However the fact is, quality DM's with all-round ability like an Edgar Davids or a fully-fit Michael Essien are a rare commodity.

I think opinions will always be divided on Mikel. Mikel is very good at what he does (ball retention, quick accurate passes) and is no doubt very good for the squad, but I can understand the sentiments of those who seek more from a DM.

However the fact is, quality DM's with all-round ability like an Edgar Davids or a fully-fit Michael Essien are a rare commodity.

Those two aren't even DM's though. They're better placed as the team's engine.

Essien's best position wasn't as a DM. It was when he was allowed to roam around the field as a B2B midfielder causing havoc.

Same with Davids. Davids only reincarnated himself later into a more deeper player as he lost his pace.

I wouldn't call Essien a true DM. He was good there as he has some attributes that complement it, but he was shackled as well. With Mikel that is not a problem as he naturally compliments the holding position.

Mikel had a brilliant CL final but he isn't consistent week in and week out.

That's the biggest part of his game Mikel can improve on - consistent world class performances. If he does that I'm sure the debate would be put to bed. He's only 25, so it's natural. He still has ages to rack up experience and become more consistent. Wouldn't be surprised if Mikel was still playing for CFC in 10 years due to the nature of his game.

Mikel is a good player, and bitch and complain all you want, but he will be an important piece of our squad for years to come. He just believe he needs a better partner in the pivot, someone who can do a little defense but mainly control the ball and the tempo of the game.

Imagine if we'd kept Ballack in 2010, him and Mikel in the double pivot would work 100 percent. FACT. Don't care how old Ballack would be, he has an amazing range of passing and is great at defending as well as attacking. Lampard is far too forward thinking for the double pivot.

Jury is still out for me. He did amazingly well last season but we were playing a different style of football than what we will presumably (and hopefully) be playing from now onwards.

Anyway like someone mentioned, this season will truly be sink or swim for him in my opinion

Mikel had a bad run of games under AVB but has been a solid player for us for years. Is he an elite defensive midfielder? I don't think so, but he's very good and certainly good enough to start regular for Chelsea. Defensive midfield is one of the hardest positions to judge in football because they are more about being a link and covering other people than being proactive themselves. Mikel does what he needs to do which is make short, accurate passes and cover for defenders and he does it well.