Mikel John Obi

Badboy

We don't need no other DM to replace Mikel. I am sure when a few games get running in the league people will value his true quality. I reckon he has developed into a brilliant player in the role he now plays in

Lamps says all that I'm saying of him, he has brilliant feet, brilliant shielding, superb tackling, great tactical awareness...

he for me lacks sometimes commitment, he just has to raise this, track back more and fight more... these two points ar vital for me to give him the attribute, outstanding Worldclass DM...

Lamps says all that I'm saying of him, he has brilliant feet, brilliant shielding, superb tackling, great tactical awareness...

he for me lacks sometimes commitment, he just has to raise this, track back more and fight more... these two points ar vital for me to give him the attribute, outstanding Worldclass DM...

i agree, just if ,he can be more work hard, more determination to fight the ball, he can turn out to be great DM

but without that, in some matches he can be really poor dm

and in my opinion, unless we not playing counter attacking football, not seldom our problem with mikel is

when we attacking, his distribution is not really good , he just make simple pass, although is still good for certain situation

but his pass often too slow, and make the build up play become much slower

it makes, no matter we have a bunch good talent and technicall player on attacking, but if the build up is slow

the same stories is still like the old time, we will hard / really struggle to break the opposition defence

and when we lost the ball , then get counter attacked by opposition ( not just in counter but also when the opponent play good pass combination in our midfield )

not a few times we show

mikel is the wrong one

he failed to trackback properly and covering the open space

because his slow and the movement not really good too, when he need to move faster for covering the position

This will be a big season for him, sink or swim in some aspect's.

Next summer as it stands i think the club will prioritize a defensive midfielder, even more so if Romeu goes back to Barca, it's up to Mikel to prevent it being a Vidal and more a back up/prospect.

If he has a stormer this season, i have a feeling the defensive midfield position could be his to keep but i wouldn't have him as a 'spine' player yet.

Why does some people want us to get rid of him. If we would sell him we would have to get another DM and the options arent really that many and it would cost us alot. Why not strenghten more important positions insted?

He's a much better player then headless chickens like ''Momo Sissoko'' and ''Scott Parker'' in my opinion. If Mikel constantly ran at opponents at 100 miles per hour people would call him the best thing since slice bread. He's sooo much better technically then Scott Parker its scary and a better holding player overall ! Oh Scott Parker might be better at crashing into opponents giving silly freekicks away ! This response is aimed at Kojo who claimed Scott Parker is better then Mikel in the Kakuta thread !

Mikel is the most overrated player by our fans , you can fuck all you want with statistics showing that Mikel is a very good DM , but he isn't , he is simply not even among the best in the EPL , and btw yes Scott Parker is definitely better than Mikel in terms of defensive and offensive contributions.

Along the pages i have seen statistics comparing between Mikel and Romeu , where it mentioned that Mikel's passing accuracy is 90% , while Romue was at 81% but Romue's passes where much much more meaningful and effective than all of Mikel' passes.

It showed that Mikel had a better successful tackles % but the truth is while Mikel enjoys walking slowly to opponents who usually pass the ball before he reaches them , Romue and the likes of Parker usually harass their oppositions forcing them to make a bad pass or at least a back pass If they didn't get the ball , So basically the case for Mikel is less number of tackles= less number of errors , less no. of forward passes= less no. of misplaced passes ..... etc.

Right now , it's pretty obvious that Mikel is our 1st choice DM but for a defensive team that might work , if Di Matteo really wants to play attacking football we can wave Mikel good-bye.

Mikel is the most overrated player by our fans , you can fuck all you want with statistics showing that Mikel is a very good DM , but he isn't , he is simply not even among the best in the EPL , and btw yes Scott Parker is definitely better than Mikel in terms of defensive and offensive contributions.

Along the pages i have seen statistics comparing between Mikel and Romeu , where it mentioned that Mikel's passing accuracy is 90% , while Romue was at 81% but Romue's passes where much much more meaningful and effective than all of Mikel' passes.

It showed that Mikel had a better successful tackles % but the truth is while Mikel enjoys walking slowly to opponents who usually pass the ball before he reaches them , Romue and the likes of Parker usually harass their oppositions forcing them to make a bad pass or at least a back pass If they didn't get the ball , So basically the case for Mikel is less number of tackles= less number of errors , less no. of forward passes= less no. of misplaced passes ..... etc.

Right now , it's pretty obvious that Mikel is our 1st choice DM but for a defensive team that might work , if Di Matteo really wants to play attacking football we can wave Mikel good-bye.

So true mate!