Luka Jović

Vesper

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Mind Milan got Piatek for peanuts who is basically the exact same player (fit, sturdy, 6ftish poacher with decent pace, great finishing and positioing,decent hold-up play and passing) -.- Still so mad at the board for getting washed up Higs instead.

Piatek had scored a few goals for 4 months though including a hot streak that any striker could hit, I can fully understand the club being hesitant on signing someone up on the back of 20 games. How many players have been signed up off the back of one good season and then tanked.

A lot of people are worried about Lampard being appointed due to his inexperience, yet signing Piatek would have been in my opinion a far, far greater risk.

23 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Piatek had scored a few goals for 4 months though including a hot streak that any striker could hit, I can fully understand the club being hesitant on signing someone up on the back of 20 games. How many players have been signed up off the back of one good season and then tanked.

A lot of people are worried about Lampard being appointed due to his inexperience, yet signing Piatek would have been in my opinion a far, far greater risk.

Why do people keep saying that? As if he suddenly stopped scoring.

He scored 11 goals since joining Milan, 22 in the league overall. He had an excellent season.

Jovic on the other hand has only scored 2 goals since sgining for Frankfurt on a fixed contract both of those goals were vs us. 17 of his goals have come in the first hal of the season. So who is the one signed based ona 4month hot streak?

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He scored 11 goals since joining Milan, 22 in the league overall. He had an excellent season.

Jovic on the other hand has only scored 2 goals since sgining for Frankfurt on a fixed contract both of those goals were vs us. 17 of his goals have come in the first hal of the season. So who is the one signed based ona 4month hot streak?

I'm not talking about Jovic, I'm making a point about people bitching and complaining that the club didn't sink millions of pounds on a striker who had scored a few goals in a half season period in a top league (one I personally dont rate that highly to be honest). 

If we had signed him and he struggled the board would be ridiculed for such a risky purchase, seems they can't win at times. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Piatek might not have stopped scoring and he did have a good season overall but his goal return certainly dropped after the early period at Milan. Scored 8 goals in his first 10 appearances for them but scored only 3 in subsequent/last 10 games. 

There is argument to be made on why we should have signed Piatek or should sign Jovic but on the other hand, there is also the opposite argument especially when you see what happened with Belotti etc. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Piatek might not have stopped scoring and he did have a good season overall but his goal return certainly dropped after the early period at Milan. Scored 8 goals in his first 10 appearances for them but scored only 3 in subsequent/last 10 games. 

There is argument to be made on why we should have signed Piatek or should sign Jovic but on the other hand, there is also the opposite argument especially when you see what happened with Belotti etc. 

Belotti is a technically inferior player to Piatek tho..You can see that from the quality of goals alone. Also belotti would have been 80m, Piatek went for 31. At that price it always would have been better business than 18m on higs for wages and loan fees.

On 2019. 05. 23. at 1:25 PM, Magic Lamps said:

It's a complicated question indeed. Our strikers(Morata, Higuaín and Olliie Magnefique) have scored hundreds of goals in multiple top leagues, still we are not satisfied with our options.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:49 AM, Magic Lamps said:

Belotti is a technically inferior player to Piatek tho..You can see that from the quality of goals alone. Also belotti would have been 80m, Piatek went for 31. At that price it always would have been better business than 18m on higs for wages and loan fees.

Doesn't change the fact that this is the first season Piatek and Jovic have scored regularly. Are they genuinely the real deal or just a one season wonder like Belotti? If they can keep it up next season and beyond, then fair enough. But if they don't...last thing we need is another striker that we need to get rid of (already have like 3 on the list!).

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

It's a complicated question indeed. Our strikers(Morata, Higuaín and Olliie Magnefique) have scored hundreds of goals in multiple top leagues, still we are not satisfied with our options.

Football is short lived tho. Those goals count nothing, as Giroud and Higs are way past their peak and Morata has never really been a regular scorer as a lone striker. Goals is also not everything I guess. Our strikers just suck with their average hold-up play, shit attitude (bar Giroud) and missing all those easy chances. Also they become useless once the opposition has good defenders which is the mark of average strikers. There tons of very prolific strikers in football history who never were really world class because they would jus tnot cut it in the big games. 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Jovic hints at Real, Barcelona snub: 'I noticed one thing after playing vs. Chelsea and Inter'

https://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/jovic-hints-at-real-barcelona-snub-i-noticed-one-thing-after-pla-52253

I don't see many options available to him in England and Italy. 

United may be in the market if they ship out Lukaku but ironically that is looking like Inter if they do. None of the other top English teams need him.

Juventus don't need him, Milan have Piatek and I don't see Napoli or Roma prepared to pay that sort of money for him.

If he'd rather play in England I think his best chance would be to stay at Frankfurt one more year and continue developing (and hopefully show this season wasn't a flash in the pan) and then we may well be in for him next summer when we'll be likely desperate to bring a striker in after our ban.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't see many options available to him in England and Italy. 

United may be in the market if they ship out Lukaku but ironically that is looking like Inter if they do. None of the other top English teams need him.

Juventus don't need him, Milan have Piatek and I don't see Napoli or Roma prepared to pay that sort of money for him.

If he'd rather play in England I think his best chance would be to stay at Frankfurt one more year and continue developing (and hopefully show this season wasn't a flash in the pan) and then we may well be in for him next summer when we'll be likely desperate to bring a striker in after our ban.

Regardless of rumours, Id be pretty confident he will stay another year in frankurt if they got CL for next year.

But they failed spectaculary in recent weeks and wont play even in europa now.

Odds for him staying are much smaller now.

36 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Regardless of rumours, Id be pretty confident he will stay another year in frankurt if they got CL for next year.

But they failed spectaculary in recent weeks and wont play even in europa now.

Odds for him staying are much smaller now.

Erm, Frankfurt did qualify for the Europa League. 7th spot opened to that because the two cup finalists Bayern and Leipzig finished in the top 4. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Erm, Frankfurt did qualify for the Europa League. 7th spot opened to that because the two cup finalists Bayern and Leipzig finished in the top 4. 

Yep you are correct, my bad :)

The market for strikers is scarce, you have no choice you have to take a punt on a Jovic or Piatek. If you wait you will lose him out to another team, if he stays you will face increased competition for his service later on. 

Werner or Jovic would be excellent signings. 

• 2 weeks later...

surprised they would spend big on hazard after this, they already have a glut of wingers including some young ones too. But i guess Zidanes desire is more important than logic

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You