Luka Jović

Vesper

Their rebuilding is sensible, bringing in players who will have a far longer term impact at the club and should help propel them back to the top over the next couple of seasons.

Hazard is the vanity, 'Galactico' purchase it seems. They don't necessarily need him, but it's the big name buy synonymous with Madrid and important for the President, sponsors, fans, etc. 

I'm particularly interested what they'll do with Vinicius playing in Hazard's position, unless one is shunted to the right or Hazard is used centrally. If he doesn't get sufficient game time this coming season he may be someone worth keeping an eye out for the following year once our ban is over because he looks to have a lot of potential.

13 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Hazard is the vanity, 'Galactico' purchase it seems. They don't necessarily need him, but it's the big name buy synonymous with Madrid and important for the President, sponsors, fans, etc. 

I'm particularly interested what they'll do with Vinicius playing in Hazard's position, unless one is shunted to the right or Hazard is used centrally. If he doesn't get sufficient game time this coming season he may be someone worth keeping an eye out for the following year once our ban is over because he looks to have a lot of potential.

Wouldnt call Hazard as vanity because he bring value to the side. They need a someone who is vastly experienced to replace Ronaldo in attack and Hazard is the best alternative who comes near to filling that void. Hazard can play on the left and central is also what gives him the edge on anyone Madrid has at this point of time ... even who are available.

I feel Hazard does have another 2 years at the top which gives Vinicius (who is only 18) time to adjust to Madrid and be ready once Hazard is done.  

Just now, coolhead23 said:

Wouldnt call Hazard as vanity because he bring value to the side. They need a someone who is vastly experienced to replace Ronaldo in attack and Hazard is the best alternative who comes near to filling that void. Hazard can play on the left and central is also what gives him the edge on anyone Madrid has at this point of time ... even who are available.

I feel Hazard does have another 2 years at the top which gives Vinicius time to adjust to Madrid and be ready once Hazard is done.  

Vanity possibly the wrong word to use, but they do have a glut of players in those positions. No doubt Hazard is an upgrade in that position but I feel he's an expensive upgrade when other areas need focus. For example if I were Real Madrid I would much rather buy a world class player on the right hand side. Their central midfield group could do with getting a bit younger too and the full backs may well be replaced.

If he's happy with that role then that is fine, but (1) would Hazard really be happy to start being phased out himself in a couple of years time when he's only 30? and (2) I have my doubts Vinicius would be content in a backup role having enjoyed a first team role this season. Difficult to go from first choice to backup at the same club without becoming unhappy.

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Vanity possibly the wrong word to use, but they do have a glut of players in those positions. No doubt Hazard is an upgrade in that position but I feel he's an expensive upgrade when other areas need focus. For example if I were Real Madrid I would much rather buy a world class player on the right hand side. Their central midfield group could do with getting a bit younger too and the full backs may well be replaced.

If he's happy with that role then that is fine, but (1) would Hazard really be happy to start being phased out himself in a couple of years time when he's only 30? and (2) I have my doubts Vinicius would be content in a backup role having enjoyed a first team role this season. Difficult to go from first choice to backup at the same club without becoming unhappy.

Quality is damn expensive these days, mate ... And like i mentioned Madrid need someone to replace the Ronaldo void which Hazard can fill to an extent. Madrid doesnt have anyone who can be better than Hazard is ... a complete package! And as far as right side goes, Madrid will soon be going for Mbappe (this season or the next) thats no brainer. 

Vinicius is only 18 and not proven so I'm sure Madrid are not going to lose their sleep on him. For Hazard it all depends how long he can continue physically, i gave him the minimum of 2 years at the top. As far as phase out goes, if Hazard doesnt perform he will be a gone one way or the other. 

29 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I feel Hazard does have another 2 years at the top which gives Vinicius (who is only 18) time to adjust to Madrid and be ready once Hazard is done.  

Unless Hazard picks a serious injury, he will be good for about 3 years at the least. He is fast, but he doesnt rely on pace alone. And he is very allround, I can see him as a playmaker or something. He provides that reliable touch which is welcome in any club, regardless of age of the player.

Messi, Iniesta, Silva have all played well into their 30s and still kept world class level despite declining in pace (Messi is still very quick tho, but not as explosive as he was).

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Unless Hazard picks a serious injury, he will be good for about 3 years at the least. He is fast, but he doesnt rely on pace alone. And he is very allround, I can see him as a playmaker or something. He provides that reliable touch which is welcome in any club, regardless of age of the player.

Messi, Iniesta, Silva have all played well into their 30s and still kept world class level despite declining in pace (Messi is still very quick tho, but not as explosive as he was).

Wouldnt disagree ... as i said 2 year minimum ... post that how your body behaves depends how discipline your ... 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Think they'll win the CL again next season with Hazard and Jovic.

Curious who they're selling, though.

Mendy from lyon is also as good as done, announcement soon. 

I think they will also try to sign Ndombele or Eriksen.

These fuckers buying everything left and right and yet their fans dare to say PL teams buy titles.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Think they'll win the CL again next season with Hazard and Jovic.

Curious who they're selling, though.

lol u serious. Jovic so far has had a poor record in the business end of the season and never played CL before. Hazard has not really shone in the latter stages in CL either all his career. Real Madrid are still in transition. They will not stand a chance against pool or City even with hazard and jovic in.

60m is a steal tho. no idea why frankfurt surrendered this easily. Just read that the official statement is, that 60m was just too appealing to turn down. dafuq. Marina would have milked them for 100 for sure. They just needed to wait till an English club gets in the bidding. Probably that is jut how they roll, giving up easily, suits how their season ended. Did not even make 7th place on their own accord but had results falling in their place such that they finsihed 8th. pathetic club.

lol u serious. Jovic so far has had a poor record in the business end of the season and never played CL before. Hazard has not really shone in the latter stages in CL either all his career. Real Madrid are still in transition. They will not stand a chance against pool or City even with hazard and jovic in.

60m is a steal tho. no idea why frankfurt surrendered this easily. Just read that the official statement is, that 60m was just too appealing to turn down. dafuq. Marina would have milked them for 100 for sure. They just needed to wait till an English club gets in the bidding. Probably that is jut how they roll, giving up easily, suits how their season ended. Did not even make 7th place on their own accord but had results falling in their place such that they finsihed 8th. pathetic club.

I'm sure they still have a big name signing in their sights aside from Hazard. 

Frankfurt made 10x profit in a matter of weeks, so it was sensible on their part not to get greedy. Also, I'd be surprised if there isn't a few addons too, should he succeed. 

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

These fuckers buying everything left and right and yet their fans dare to say PL teams buy titles.

The most hypocritical (in regards to whinging about other teams buying titles) big 25 team fans on the planet (it is not even close) are Real Madrid, Victimpool, Barca, Bayern, Juve, and Manure.

Chels, PSG, Shitty, we dont give a fuck (I think we at Chelsare PISSED the money spigot has mostly been turned off,and when it hasn't been it has been for SHIT buys, (plus worse sales added in) I would have zero issue if we went on a massive half billion quid spending spree, as we certainly have/had the players to EASILY sell to cover it, even if we get fucked over for a shit tonne over Eden, Cuntois, Willian, etc etc etc)

AC Milan (especially them as they used to be in the top 5 big spenders), Arse, Spuds, Napoli, AM, Dortmund, Lyon, Inter are just jelly.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he's going to be big flop for Madrid. 

wayyyy too early to make that call IMHO

he has mad skills and a poachers instinct

RM need to sort their MF and backs out badly, they were ATROCIOUS versus AM, worst I have seen them play in years

they look a hot mess atm, Atletico should have scored 11 or more, not just the 7

to me, the best run (transfer wise) teams atm are (no order) Barca (big miss on de Ligt though), Atletico (Felix looks insane so far and the kid is only 19), Bayern, Juve, Shitty and unfortunately Victimpool

Best run transfer-wise smaller teams are Sevilla, RB Leipzig, Napoli, Valencia, Wolves, Dortmund, IMHO

He isn't going to be afford time over there, so he'll have to hit the ground running once the season starts.

On 7/27/2019 at 4:07 PM, LAM09 said:
On 7/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, NikkiCFC said:

He isn't going to be afford time over there, so he'll have to hit the ground running once the season starts.

Let's hope they give up on him too soon. Just in time for our next active transfer window in fact. :)

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Let's hope they give up on him too soon. Just in time for our next active transfer window in fact. :)

hell yes!!!!

or Piatek (If he has another monster 30 goal year for AC Milan he will cost £100m plus, unfortunately)

or Iñaki Williams from Athletic Bilbao

OR

and what do you think of him as our striker

Zaha?

I think Zaha would tear shit up under Lamps as a CF (he played 17 games there for Palace) or am I being too clever by half?

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

hell yes!!!!

or Piatek (If he has another monster 30 goal year for AC Milan he will cost £100m plus, unfortunately)

or Iñaki Williams from Athletic Bilbao

OR

and what do you think of him as our striker

Zaha?

I think Zaha would tear shit up under Lamps as a CF (he played 17 games there for Palace) or am I being too clever by half?

Lautauro Martinez..

Frank Lampard sign him up...

44 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Lautauro Martinez..

Frank Lampard sign him up...

not sold on Martinez at all yet, but he may have a big year and could change my mind

so short too (1.74m) and I do not see Sergio Agüero-type movement from him yet to compensate

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You