test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

24. Reece James

Started by the wes,

293 posts in this topic
On 26/04/2019 at 3:26 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

It might be ludicrous, or it might be right. I think it's right, but I accept we don't agree about that. If I tone it done a bit and say that he's one of the best, who should be a member of the squad next season, then maybe we can agree about that.

I think he will be the best fullback we have next year, and if not next year, then surely the next (barring some monster transfer in 2020, such as Telles or Chillwell (both who may be gone by then), and tbh, IF he continues to improve, Reece in 2, 3, 4 years, should be a top 10 in world RB).

Azpi is being ground down right before our eyes with truly insane minutes (will have over 4750 if we go to the EL final, and those minutes do not include over 300 from extra time and the 30 minutes in the League cup final, so he will play over 5000!!! in reality).

Alonso and Emerson are both shite overall (I would still go with Emerson all day and all night over the turtle). Zappacosta hopefully is sold, what a waste of quid he was.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

When was a one year loanee named captain of the team?

Thats superb achievement.

It was really meant as a tribute for his contribution to their Championship survival battle. It was also announced before the game that he would be subbed off a few minutes from the end so that he could receive an ovation from the DW. According to one post on Latics Speyk it was the loudest ovation ever accorded at Wigan. I can't judge of course but maybe the superatives with which Wigan fans are describing Reece and his accomplishments shouldn't really be taken absolutely literally. Maybe it's fans' way of saying that he's not just a really good footballer, but also a really likeable bloke who managed to get the fans 100% on his side.

Stats likes this

On 4/23/2019 at 6:13 AM, the wes said:

Manchester United have been keeping tabs on Chelsea full-back Reece James

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6948511/Manchester-United-tracking-15m-Chelsea-Reece-James.html

Fuck off utd 

no more selling players to United, they can fuck off along with their arrogant fans

the wes and bigbluewillie like this

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I agree. I didn't mean to make it appear that Reece is slow, just that he's not a speedster.

As long as he is fast enough to recover and beat other full backs I am okay, I am okay with Trent or Robertson kind of pace. We just lack a bit of pace in our team at the moment and I feel thats why we concede so many counter attacking opportunities. 

According to Sun, Brighton are in pole position to land him:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9018982/brighton-chelsea-reece-james-wigan-loan-stint/

The most wtf part of the article:

“Despite only having club skipper Cesar Azpilicueta as a right back, being expected to sell Davide Zappacosta and facing a transfer ban, Chelsea are expected to allow him to move on.”

Seems legit and makes sense, am I right? 

/Also, it’s ridiculous to claim that Azpi is the only right back then mention Zappa a few words later. Also, Dave is not the skipper, it’s Gaz. Proper Sun quality/

OhForAGreavsie likes this

If Brighton were to loan him and he were to play every week as well as us not managing to shift Zappacosta, perhaps it would be reasonable but I really think he will come into the 25 man squad and offer a solution at right back and possibly an emergency option in central midfield as well.

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Brighton were to loan him and he were to play every week as well as us not managing to shift Zappacosta, perhaps it would be reasonable but I really think he will come into the 25 man squad and offer a solution at right back and possibly an emergency option in central midfield as well.

I agree with your point but Reece would not actually need to be named in the 25 man squad. Instead, he would qualify as an under 21 player. In fact, given that he is on the official U21 list submitted by CFCM, and that Wigan's season has now ended so his loan is over, I've been wondering if he is eligible for Leicester. If we get the right result tomorrow night then, other than Danny and Gaz, I don't want to see any first squad players anywhere near the pitch on Sunday.  Room for Reece if rules permit, if Maurizio feels the same way I do about protecting the squad and if he has the imagination to include returning loanees. Lining up in a 3-4-3, I would play:-

Cumming

James, Kalas, Cahill

Sterling, Drinkwater, McEachran, Dasilva

Lamptey, Brown, Taylor-Crossdale

It'll never happen of course but I'm serious, that's the team I'd play. Stuff the result.

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

According to Sun, Brighton are in pole position to land him:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9018982/brighton-chelsea-reece-james-wigan-loan-stint/

The most wtf part of the article:

“Despite only having club skipper Cesar Azpilicueta as a right back, being expected to sell Davide Zappacosta and facing a transfer ban, Chelsea are expected to allow him to move on.”

Seems legit and makes sense, am I right? 

/Also, it’s ridiculous to claim that Azpi is the only right back then mention Zappa a few words later. Also, Dave is not the skipper, it’s Gaz. Proper Sun quality/

It's The Sun. Best to take it with a pinch of salt...

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yesterday's training

0_James-and-Luiz.jpg

What height is Reece James he doesn't look tall in that picture 

39 minutes ago, the wes said:

5 cm taller than Trent Alexander arnold

56 minutes ago, the wes said:

He is listed as 5”11 which is probs accurate..that pic looks like he could be 5”10 but can’t see what their feet are going and Luiz’s hair can exaggerate things.

On 5/9/2019 at 7:45 AM, Vesper said:

Yesterday's training

0_James-and-Luiz.jpg

Starting against Leicester?

56 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Starting against Leicester?

he can't, he is not eligible