• Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

1 hour ago, BXL70 said:

If you want to challenge the facts that the most valuable teams are those that get trophies, look at the evidences instead of repeadtly insulting me: 

RM: CL.

EDF: WC

MC: PL

That's being said, there might some exemptions but be realistic. Most valuable team won on average. And inded City has a net spend of around 150 every year while we have 50. It is translated on the pitch. Like it or not.

Hey mate, calm down. I have never "repeatedly" insulted you. I made a comment on a post you had made and I just didn't agree with it. It wasn't personal and it's the first time I have responded to one of your posts so I dont understand where this "repeatedly" is coming from.

I put posts up all the time that other guys dont agree with but I take it in good heart, because at the end of the day we are all fans of the same club. So put your sword away and calm the fuck down.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stats said:

However the two concerns today for me in particular was Azpi and Alonso. Azpi is brilliant at what he does but in an attacking formation like Sarri's, he looks a bit out of placed, because he does not have that pace and acceleration to pose enough of a threat on the right hand side. If he is going to have Azpi playing at RB, then we need Emerson on the left hand side because he is very offensive. Having one more defensive fullback in Azpi and a attacking FB on the other flanks is fine. However playing Alonso and Azpi, is one of the slowest fullback combo you can have in football. Surely Sarri has to identify this because they won't pose as attacking threat as Sarri will like. Look when he was at Napoli. he had Hysaj on one hand who is very attack focused then on the LB he had Ghoulam/Rui who are also very offensive. Zappacosta may not be starter material, however him and Emerson playing is much more of a Sarri team. Azpi was poor today on both aspects which is strange.

I would agree that Azpilicueta is not a modern full back who will pose a big attacking threat but I would think with time, he would do just fine under Sarri. The least he will give is being reliable and consistent defensively, which I believe are the qualities you would want from your defenders first and foremost, and let's not forget that even in a defensive system, he was able to contribute a decent amount of assists. There's no reason why he cannot at least replicate that if worked correctly in this Sarri approach. Out of the two full backs, Alonso is really the bigger concern. He is just downright slow, isn't going to win many 1 v 1 battles and take his goals out, he hardly provides assists to the team. Since Alonso joined us, he has contributed only 7 assists in all competitions and he was playing in the attacking wing back role under Conte. Azpi matched that tally in last season alone. Sarri's continuous use of Alonso so far has really been the peculiar thing and Emerson wasn't even on the bench today!

I know we have many issues in this team - and Azpi shouldn't even be high up on the list - and one of the things that hasn't been mentioned is Jorginho from a defensive point of view. He is great at what he does offensively but defensively, he is pretty terrible especially with him being given the role to screen the back four. Doesn't seem capable of winning 1 v 1s and can get past pretty easily as we have seen so far. Kante's return should help him out a bit but I kinda fear this could go down the same route as Fabregas unless Sarri tweaks the side. And oh, playing Jorginho, Fabregas and Barkley in the midfield three is just horrible. Barkley is like neither here nor there at the moment. Jorginho isn't the greatest at defending judging by the displays so far. Fabregas...well, don't think I have to mention about it. It's really suicidal that Kante is our only solid midfielder from a defensive point of view. 

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

I’m telling you now Captain or not, Azp will never contribute as RB, he will fail big time in this Sarri system. This is his fourth match under Sarri and was never even close being decent. Hard to pick who is more useless Azpi as RB or Alonso as LB. Won’t even scratch about CB and midfielders, attacker’s... This season is finished but what’s worst is it’s not even started.

Okay, I get the point that Azpi isn't the modern full back you see around these days but putting him in the same bracket as Alonso? CHRIST! :doh: Guess it's the state of things at the club that people are suddenly picking out Azpi as an issue. We have many of them and Azpi isn't and shouldn't be high up on the list. Hell, he probably shouldn't even be on it at all!

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Well I can't say I hate, it would be very harsh, but it's hard not to dislike the Americans when they open their mouth on things related to this sport. Same goes for Chinese etc. and every other nation, bar Europeans and South Americans. 

Mate, is that really necessary? You might disagree with others' opinion but I don't think you need to bring nationality into the equation. Please avoid such comments again next time.

Just got back terrible atmosphere you could hear a pin drop our support it has to be said is very quiet these days friendly or not. As for the game it occurred to me it was like a Champions league game where the strongest team in the group play the minnows. The team needs major surgery and that won't happen overnight so a difficult season is on the horizon. 

Like I said, this team will need two seasons to adopt to Sarri. 

Stop complaining after few games and support the team. 

How is it hard to understand we will need time to change philosophy? Unless you watch football for about 3 months now, that was pretty clear for everyone.

BUT I do have something to say, and its not a complaint, but just something I felt a while ago and games have somewhat confirmed that. 

This team is more or less realy not suited for Sarri. He wont just transform players from defensive into high pressing. Its in their nature. Alonso, Cesc, Morata have absolutely no place here whatsoever and then there is Azpi. Wonderful player, but like some others, he isnt fullback to play possession football. He does simple things in attack, simple passes and crosses in middle. No dribbling (like Marcelo), no playmaker creativity (like Lahm). He isnt fast eiher. But he is hard worker and being top lad, he will adopt to his best and still play under Sarri. I just think he wont be as good as he was past few seasons, because he isnt realy Sarri type RB. 

And the board realy fucked up if they thought a single(!) player will be enough to change entire system. 

But regardless, I cant believe people already shitting on this team. It was expected we will start slow, our defence being crap for a while etc etc. I just hope club will stick with Sarri and give him 2 seasons even if we win jack shit. Liverpool with Klopp is perfect example how we might do for a while. Teams will destroy us often, but eventualy we will get shit together and reward will be huge.

KTBFFH

2 hours ago, Stats said:

However the two concerns today for me in particular was Azpi and Alonso. Azpi is brilliant at what he does but in an attacking formation like Sarri's, he looks a bit out of placed, because he does not have that pace and acceleration to pose enough of a threat on the right hand side.

Uh,what? Azpi is not a slow player. He might not be on the same level as Kyle Walker or Hector Bellerin, but he's no slouch.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

If he is going to have Azpi playing at RB, then we need Emerson on the left hand side because he is very offensive. Having one more defensive fullback in Azpi and a attacking FB on the other flanks is fine.  Look when he was at Napoli. he had Hysaj on one hand who is very attack focused then on the LB he had Ghoulam/Rui who are also very offensive.

An attack minded LB and a more defensive minded RB is exactly how Sarri set up his Napoli side. It seems very strange that you are suggesting that Hysaj is very attack minded. In the games that I have seen, and in every analysis of Napoli and Hysaj that I have seen, not once has someone described Hysaj as a very attack minded RB. I am very curious as to how you have come to this conclusion.

When I think of an attack minded RB, I think of players like Dani Alves or Kyle Walker when he played for Tottenham. Hysaj plays a more supporting role. On occasion, he does get forward, but he does not constantly attack. This is due to how focused Napoli are on their left hand side, where an attack minded LB is necessary. The RB does not needed to be very attacked minded because Callejon is the type of player to attack the space behind opposing defensive lines, rather use skill and pace to combine with other players to move the ball through opposing teams. He is able to do this because Napoli drag oppoising teams to the opposite side of the pitch. That's not to say that Napoli don't use the right hand side at all, or that Hysaj doesn't get foward at all, but to suggest that a very attack minded RB is needed seems widely inaccurate.

With that being said, this doesn't mean that Azpi is ideally suited for the role, or that he doesn't need to adapt. But given his history and skill-set, it's very reasonable to believe that he can be successful as a RB for Sarri. Azpi is an intelligent player, and with the right coaching I'm sure he will be able to perform at a very high level as a RB.

12 minutes ago, Panic said:

Uh,what? Azpi is not a slow player. He might not be on the same level as Kyle Walker or Hector Bellerin, but he's no slouch.

An attack minded LB and a more defensive minded RB is exactly how Sarri set up his Napoli side. It seems very strange that you are suggesting that Hysaj is very attack minded. In the games that I have seen, and in every analysis of Napoli and Hysaj that I have seen, not once has someone described Hysaj as a very attack minded RB. I am very curious as to how you have come to this conclusion.

When I think of an attack minded RB, I think of players like Dani Alves or Kyle Walker when he played for Tottenham. Hysaj plays a more supporting role. On occasion, he does get forward, but he does not constantly attack. This is due to how focused Napoli are on their left hand side, where an attack minded LB is necessary. The RB does not needed to be very attacked minded because Callejon is the type of player to attack the space behind opposing defensive lines, rather use skill and pace to combine with other players to move the ball through opposing teams. He is able to do this because Napoli drag oppoising teams to the opposite side of the pitch. That's not to say that Napoli don't use the right hand side at all, or that Hysaj doesn't get foward at all, but to suggest that a very attack minded RB is needed seems widely inaccurate.

With that being said, this doesn't mean that Azpi is ideally suited for the role, or that he doesn't need to adapt. But given his history and skill-set, it's very reasonable to believe that he can be successful as a RB for Sarri. Azpi is an intelligent player, and with the right coaching I'm sure he will be able to perform at a very high level as a RB.

Tbh its quite understandable spain prefered Nacho ahead of Azpi. He is more fluid and adjusted to possession play. 

Azpi will remain in first 11, no doubt, he is hard worker and quick learner,  but IMO his role will be smaller. 

He was defender past two seasons with option to move forward here and there. Now he will have to press high, run more, play combinations with RW. 

Hysay isnt attacking RB yes, but much more composed with the ball than Azpi. 

Its simply phylosophy, Hysay was playing for Sarri who has completely different style of play to Conte or Mou. Defensive RB yes, but his role and style of play adopted to Sarri. Azpi is complete opposite, but he will adopt, im sure of it. He will probably look more out of place than usual in the beginning though 

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh its quite understandable spain prefered Nacho ahead of Azpi. He is more fluid and adjusted to possession play. 

Now he will have to press high, run more, play combinations with RW.

I agree with the first statement. Azpi needs more composure on the ball, but I don't think he will need to become profcient at playing combinations with our winger.

He will need to press high and run more, but that will suit his skill set as he has high amounts of stamina.

I keep looking at the highlight of that first city goal and smh...

What was Rudiger doing??

backing off Aguero like that.....and I thought that was Cahill's speciality.

Add to that he was completely unmarked for one of their set pieces.

It was as if the team was playing against him for the very first time.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Like I said, this team will need two seasons to adopt to Sarri. 

Stop complaining after few games and support the team. 

But regardless, I cant believe people already shitting on this team. It was expected we will start slow, our defence being crap for a while etc etc. I just hope club will stick with Sarri and give him 2 seasons even if we win jack shit. Liverpool with Klopp is perfect example how we might do for a while. Teams will destroy us often, but eventualy we will get shit together and reward will be huge.

KTBFFH

I'm not shitting on the players nor am I shitting on Sari. Its our board that needs shitting on for wanting to make a change by buying the exact opposite manager into the club but thinking bringing in 1 player will make it all happen.

Like it or not we have players that just aren'y suited to this type of playing. I dont think any one of us dislike Dave, Hes hot a Blue heart. But just not suited to this ytpe of game.

We have problems all over the pitch tho. Tell me how many of you would expect Willy C to be OUR MOTM??

Morata/Pedro/Cesc just wont help us this season. But Sarri can only use what hes got. You can understand why we have been linked with so many CMs

Hes going to have to do allot of tinkering and trying players in different positions.

Chelsea are a poor house, especially after Roman's political adventures.
I wonder how Real are managing, given that Spain as a country is poorer than the UK.
The only tough years for RM transfer wise were during the late sixties-early seventies from what I remember (yet they managed to squeeze a CL even then). For Barca there were some more difficult years, but now they are way ahead.
PSG too are now rich. I recall a UEFA cup tie between AEK of Athens and PSG some twelve years ago. They managed to eliminate the weak Greek team, but they were bottom of the French league at the time and the Paris leg was interrupted for several minutes by protesting PSG supporters. At the same time Chelsea under Jose Mourinho were making big advances in Europe.
I don't understand why we have become so poor. Is it T-shirts ? Then let's open shops with T-shirts in every town allover the world. They can only make profit !
It's inexcusable.
I can understand some teams that reach a certain level and then give up because the budget requirements become too big and they give up because it's beyond them. The Greek Olympiakos Piraeus is the best example of a team that had to give up European dreams. They were progressing but at about the time they met with Chelsea in 2008 for the stage of 16 (3-0, 0-0 the results) it dawned to them that they could keep things going for them domestically but there was n't enough money for European dreams. So last year their best transfer was the aging Miralas from Everton (failed). The same kind of thing is true of some other teams. But not Chelsea !

Gutless display really, how the fuck we can not worry about scoring goals with him up front amazes me.

Dress this up how you want to, a pre season game, a glorified friendly or what ever these players should of showed more than what we got. City never got out of second gear we were stuck in neutral, there were hardly any positives to take from the game, and all this with the season starting only days away.

I'm fucking worried.

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Chelsea are a poor house, especially after Roman's political adventures.
I wonder how Real are managing, given that Spain as a country is poorer than the UK.
The only tough years for RM transfer wise were during the late sixties-early seventies from what I remember (yet they managed to squeeze a CL even then). For Barca there were some more difficult years, but now they are way ahead.
PSG too are now rich. I recall a UEFA cup tie between AEK of Athens and PSG some twelve years ago. They managed to eliminate the weak Greek team, but they were bottom of the French league at the time and the Paris leg was interrupted for several minutes by protesting PSG supporters. At the same time Chelsea under Jose Mourinho were making big advances in Europe.
I don't understand why we have become so poor. Is it T-shirts ? Then let's open shops with T-shirts in every town allover the world. They can only make profit !
It's inexcusable.
I can understand some teams that reach a certain level and then give up because the budget requirements become too big and they give up because it's beyond them. The Greek Olympiakos Piraeus is the best example of a team that had to give up European dreams. They were progressing but at about the time they met with Chelsea in 2008 for the stage of 16 (3-0, 0-0 the results) it dawned to them that they could keep things going for them domestically but there was n't enough money for European dreams. So last year their best transfer was the aging Miralas from Everton (failed). The same kind of thing is true of some other teams. But not Chelsea !

Madrid is backed fully by the Spanish government, so no more words needed to be fair... 

Roman has his own problems with the UK visa that's why he's probably reluctant to pump big money again into an English club as long as the country itself does not even let him enter their teritory. New stadium was put on hold because of this, too. It's not rocket science, it is a morale thing to do, if you are not even given permission to enter the country then why improve their facilities and bring money to their government through taxes for a state of the art stadium plus lots and lots of other benefits that the state is given because of big clubs through the tourists that come to games, taxes et all. 

And frankly, should we fans now turn against the club because we are not being spoilt anymore with big transfers every summer? Me I could not care less, I support the club not their transfer policy and I don't live for the fancy names rumoured in the media, nor for the Sky Sports Deadline day on TV. Nevertheless Chelsea is a self sustaining club for years now through sponsorship deals, image rights etc. so I doubt Roman has pumped lots of money for the past years a la 2003-2010.

Jorginho could be the one and only arrival this summer, we knew when Sarri was appointed that he's not that fond on fancy transfers and thats why the board appointed him also - someone that is happy to work with what he has and does not brag about transfers in every presser. 

I don't understand what people expect. Us beating city ? We play fantastic football? 

I predict that we will have more dissapointment this season. This is a team for Conte, we have bakayoko, kante and drinkwater as our midfield. Now they are asked to play Saari style. It will take a long time and tons of losses. If you want to speed up the process, it is easy just pump tons of money but that is not happening so just enjoy the ride. It is going to be a bumpy one. 

We will support the team in the second division too.
But City is a team we used to beat home and away so what's the big deal about expecting to beat City ?
About the prez it's not only this year with his viza problems but it has to be said we are under political persecution now, just like Latin America with the juntas.

11 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

About the prez it's not only this year with his viza problems

With the rows of briefs hes got and accountants you cant tell me he doesn't have ways of spending some money to keep our stocks in the black. Even if hes washed his hands off us he would still surely get more money for us if we were real contenders.

Its all very confusing to me/