Edin Dzeko

the wes

Chelsea close in on Edin Dzeko transfer with club ready to scrap contract policy to lure striker to Stamford Bridge

Standard Sport understands that Chelsea are prepared to offer the 31-year-old striker a two-and-a-half year contract

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-close-in-on-edin-dzeko-transfer-with-club-ready-to-scrap-contract-policy-to-lure-striker-to-a3747236.html

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

FUCK BARCA!!!!

We can beat anyone on our day. Its just another game and if the lads start thinking like alot of our supporters then theres no point in them even going out on the pitch. Bollox to that.

We got a dead even record with them. W5 D5 L5

If Conte can get us through against Barca with this squad then he should be given every chance to stay on next season although regardless he should be given chance. Barca were widely expected to be ordinary this season but they are anything but, really solid defensively and lethal in front of goal. It would be an incredible result to go through I think considering the likes of Messi, Suarez, Iniesta all have come to the fore for them recently in last few weeks as well as the additions of Coutinho and Dembele being back to fitness. I think if we get this double deal over the line, beat Arsenal convincingly then the feel good factor will return. Barkley, Dzeko, Emerson.. not amazing signings but boost the squad and can bring a bit more in certain games, particularly Dzeko and Barkley. Very unsure of Emerson although if he was a player Conte identified then I imagine he'll be a good signing.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Conte can get us through against Barca with this squad then he should be given every chance to stay on next season. Barca were widely expected to be ordinary this season but they are anything but, really solid defensively and lethal in front of goal. 

Should get a Blues Knighthood!

But I think it all depends on tomorrow night. Even If we lose but play well I think the lads heads will be good. But if we win too (and Eden really sounds pumped up for it) then we might just suprize everyone.

What I dont get is why Dzeko is in Goa now if hes supposedly signing thursday? What if hes injured?

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

FUCK BARCA!!!!

We can beat anyone on our day. Its just another game and if the lads start thinking like alot of our supporters then theres no point in them even going out on the pitch. Bollox to that.

We got a dead even record with them. W5 D5 L5

Definitely have a chance if we don't waste. That was the problem with the dodgy game.. Know we shouldve had a pen or 2 but there was so many missed chances. Then they went down to 10 and still missed.. They had like one and bam in it went.

But even if he cant play in CL can still have a part in getting us there next season seeing how quickly the gap changes this season

Edin Dzeko's expected move to Chelsea has suffered a hit, according to Sky Sport Italia's Gianluca Di Marzio, with the champions yet to agree on bonuses with Roma.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3358394/edin-dzeko-transfer-in-doubt-with-chelsea-roma-at-odds-over-bonuses

Guys I got feeling this is going to drag on to last day off the transfer window Roma won't give in to them silly bonuses for 32 year old The Celtic Moussa Dembele seems unsettled at that dump up Glasgow that's  go for him has a back up striker if the dzeko deal fails 😃😃

On 1/23/2018 at 3:54 AM, Bosnian Blue said:

That policy is one of the stupidest things this club has ever employed. Its as if they have no clue weve signed Zola when he was 30, then Ballack, Makelele or many others. Are they thinking you magically forget to play football once you are 30? 

they are exceptional cases. Malouda, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, even Cole, plenty of players at the club regressed dramatically around their early 30s

With that said, I think Dzeko is the best fit for the club for the type of striker the club is looking for. Gives Conte an option to change the game. May even add him on top of Morata if the team is trailing

1 hour ago, Strike said:

they are exceptional cases. Malouda, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, even Cole, plenty of players at the club regressed dramatically around their early 30s

Would rather the club make the decision on the contract length on case to case basis as opposed to imposing the strict '1 year contract for 30-year-old+'.

14 hours ago, Mana said:

Yes it is very important, if we want to challenge for the league.

You not missing my point is important if we want to challenge for the league? Okay, again you didn't understand.

7 hours ago, the wes said:

Edin Dzeko's expected move to Chelsea has suffered a hit, according to Sky Sport Italia's Gianluca Di Marzio, with the champions yet to agree on bonuses with Roma.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3358394/edin-dzeko-transfer-in-doubt-with-chelsea-roma-at-odds-over-bonuses

Suffered a hit, sure. Sounds like the situation didn’t change whatsoever.

Edit: Funniest thing is, i found the english version of this Di Marzio report and it says that negotiations are still going, but both parties are very optimistic that it will happen. I hate the english media.

Edited by Artandur

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

More conflicting reports...

Standard said we are ready to relax the 1-year-old for 30 y/o+ policy but Matt Law said the age is still an issue. :doh:

What it feels like to me is that the negotiations are just going on and everybody is looking for an excuse to write a new story about it.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

You are just giving yourself a constant headache by trailing through Twitter every hour. "He's on his way" "There is a glitch" "Not even close to being done"

It really does seem to change by the hour. For a deal that seems as though it should be easy this sure is dragging on, though.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It really does seem to change by the hour. For a deal that seems as though it should be easy this sure is dragging on, though.

Too many loop holes and third parties involved in football now for deals to happen quick or run smoothly.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You