Edin Dzeko

the wes

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, manpe said:

If he had 3-4 underwhelming games in a row questions would need to be asked, what's strange about that?

My point is, Morata started well and people praised him to the heavens. But after a couple of bad games, people just wrote him off and in some cases, even abused him. With some of the positive comments about Dzeko here, it will not be a surprise to see people take the same route after a few bad games.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

My point is, Morata started well and people praised him to the heavens. But after a couple of bad games, people just wrote him off and in some cases, even abused him. With some of the positive comments about Dzeko here, it will not be a surprise to see people take the same route after a few bad games.

Totally agree, We have done it to differing amounts with every player we have or have had. Did it to Diego after he didn't score for 3/4 games. Dont know if its a Chelsea disease,ALL teams go thru it or its just here on TC?

BUT Dzeko is totally loved in Roma.Theres 24 hour live blogs set up about his transfer

Hes called the Bosnian Bomner. The only ones Iknow are Black or Black and Whites!

Heres a nice write up about him

Totti Today: Dzeko the Destroyer

Edin keeps scoring left and right. Could he surpass his record of last season?

https://www.chiesaditotti.com/2017/10/19/16503294/totti-today-dzeko-the-destroyer

18 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

That policy is one of the stupidest things this club has ever employed. Its as if they have no clue weve signed Zola when he was 30, then Ballack, Makelele or many others. Are they thinking you magically forget to play football once you are 30? 

I dont think its a stupid policy. Its actually a really good policy as stats prove most players decline after 30. You do not want to be stuck with an older player with high wages who will likely be hard to move ie Malouda. Its a long term strategy which I think works well. United had it under Sir Alex and it worked for them too. 

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

It won't take long before that happens.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Believe me, Morata is our main striking man with the fee we paid for him. You can forget the Aubameyangs and Icardis of this world, Morata is our man. The club tolerated Torres for much worse performances for much longer time for much less money. Other positions' main men include Tibo, Azpi, Christensen, Kante and Hazard. I wouldn't call that screwed, we just need better supporting cast and that is what Džeko would be here to provide.

Have to remember aswell mate its only recently morata has dropped of. Am not excusing him but he's used to a winter break, something he hasn't got here january is full of games. Am just hoping he is tried and next season he will light the bridge up.

I like this signing. As many have said, the big CF seems like a rare breed these days, so who cares if he's 29 y.o.? 

This is the kind of striker I like and the kind of striker Conte wants. Not the greatest, but he will do.

Just wondering why Chelsea didn't go for him before (instead of Bats). Emenalo ideas? We would already have two good strikers and working on the next great AM or RW player transfer if someone had gotten this right before.

Anyway, things aren't fabulous at our club, but one LB, one CM, and one striker can greatly improve our chances --just forget about the CL for now. 

On 1/22/2018 at 6:36 PM, shrenshah said:

What do u think hazard is gonna ask for now after he sees what sanchez is earning at united

Sanchez could have atleast saved our season with a good run in cl or a close 2nd finish

At our current form we are gonna barely hold on to 3rd/4th place if we are lucky

Jesus where are you looking bud?

1: What Manure pay in wages has no relevance here.

2: You don't know that, he could have come here and be a complete wanker.

3: And whats to be saved? Spuds only drew Saturday:D, the bin dippers got beat last night by Swansea :D

4: he wouldn't be able to play in any cup games, so to rely on him to save our season in the league and for £400.000 a week is bollocks

1 hour ago, BlueLion. said:

We only have two games left in that competition anyway. 

FUCK BARCA!!!!

We can beat anyone on our day. Its just another game and if the lads start thinking like alot of our supporters then theres no point in them even going out on the pitch. Bollox to that.

We got a dead even record with them. W5 D5 L5

1 hour ago, Mana said:

People need to remember there's a honeymoon period. Almost every player has a honeymoon period where they play brilliantly or score in their debut for a short time. Then they dip. Only world class players and top quality players can be immune to this.

Let's not pretend as if world class players don't go through some kind of lean spells. They are all human, not robot. Not to say Morata hasn't been guilty of some nonsense so far in his time here but at the same time, there are also factors as to why his form has dipped after a bright start. But if you're so insistent on branding Morata as useless or another Torres, then be my guest.

I like this signing a lot. I think this has an effect on Morata in 2 ways : 

1) He isn't able to play too many games on a trot. A few injuries here and there. Dzeko is an able to striker to lead our line with Morata in the squad even, so we won't totally be dependant on Morata like we were in that Manchester City game earlier in the season, where Morata went off injured and our whole attack became non-existent. 

2) Dzeko is coming in to challenge Morata, which should keep him on his toes. On the other hand, this signing doesn't throw Morata totally under the bus since he is still the future for Chelsea. Even if Dzeko wins a place over Morata here, it wouldn't matter as much because of Dzeko's age. I can't think of him being our preferred striker for more than a season even in this scenario.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You