Edin Dzeko

the wes

30 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

"with Roma desperate to keep hold of their star striker"  totally wrong that, isnt it?   Seeing as every single Italian media say Roma are quite happy to sell him 

The cynic in me thinks that is him helping someone else with their luggage, rather than his own

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

"with Roma desperate to keep hold of their star striker"  totally wrong that, isnt it?   Seeing as every single Italian media say Roma are quite happy to sell him 

The cynic in me thinks that is him helping someone else with their luggage, rather than his own

Think it says hs meeting his family (sister?) so they can goto London with him

Paper talk: details of Dzeko’s Chelsea contract revealed, Man Utd rejected bid

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/paper-talk-details-of-dzeko-s-chelsea-contract-revealed-man-utd--87410

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Think it says hs meeting his family (sister?) so they can goto London with him

That'd maybe make sense... Conte won't shed any light on this in his presser,  so i hope we get some firm news by tonight.  Just to stop the conflicting stories.

All the big Italian sports outlets have the deal as done, 2021 4.5m a yr.   Our media, banging on about the over 30 issue

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

That'd maybe make sense... Conte won't shed any light on this in his presser,  so i hope we get some firm news by tonight.  Just to stop the conflicting stories.

All the big Italian sports outlets have the deal as done, 2021 4.5m a yr.   Our media, banging on about the over 30 issue

It SEEMS that age isn't as big of a question as much in mainland Europe

2 hours ago, Dimitr said:

The best back up for morata.

ok city has jesus as second choice 

but dzeko is a very good solution 

Can't play in champions league , so no back up 4 Morata if Batman leaves , seems like a messy time all in all , gambling on him to get us the goals to get top 4 pretty sad cafe times.

6 minutes ago, mccg said:

Can't play in champions league , so no back up 4 Morata if Batman leaves , seems like a messy time all in all , gambling on him to get us the goals to get top 4 pretty sad cafe times.

Hahah 

Why we can beat Barcelona? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Only in our dreams 

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

34 minutes ago, Mana said:

Dzeko hasn't done anything in Roma, his performance against us in the CL was his star moment throughout his Roma career.

I believe his star moment was winning golden boot last season. And if you believe @Leif then he is one of their all-time greatest scorers. Does that say more about Roma or Dzeko? I can't say, don't watch Serie A, but consider his competition were Higuain, Mertens, Belotti, Icardi. Not bad.

Now one more thing to consider. The names you mentioned were bought as big money starters, star men of their teams who will be playing every game. We already have our main men in every position, the aim of signing players like Dzeko is to strengthen quality in depth which is as, if not more important for us.

Dzeko has the best goals-to-games ratio in modern Roma history. Only 3 players in their entire history better him, 2 of them playing in the 1940's, scoring almost every game; the other player in the 60's.

For further perspective: he's been a more consistent goalscorer than Totti, Batistuta, & Montella, their most iconic strikers.

Last season, he was considered the best striker in the league, beyond Dybala, Mertens, Hig, Belotti, Icardi etc.  

We truly are getting one of Man City's best ever strikers, one of Roma's best ever strikers - coming off the best season of his career.

And merely as an 'option', too, during a nothing season

:drunk:Big coup.

Just remember - he scores goals, but he doesn't offer link-up play any better than Costa did. Such flaws will prevent Roma fans from ever putting him in the same bracket as the players I mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Okay I missed that. Although, that looks like a freak, as he's nowhere near being the top goalscorer this season, and Roma are currently 5th.

Oh dear. Then we are really screwed. (I'm not referring to Morata here by the way, although I would like to).

Believe me, Morata is our main striking man with the fee we paid for him. You can forget the Aubameyangs and Icardis of this world, Morata is our man. The club tolerated Torres for much worse performances for much longer time for much less money. Other positions' main men include Tibo, Azpi, Christensen, Kante and Hazard. I wouldn't call that screwed, we just need better supporting cast and that is what Džeko would be here to provide.

Just now, Mana said:

I did say I'm not referring to Morata as I know his our main man (sadly).

6/11 players that are our main men. We should have increased that number. That's why so far, this window is disappointing even with Dzeko. City, Burnley and co. won't be scared of Dzeko.

6 out of 25*, the team doesn't consist of 11 players. And why is it bad? 6 players, they have the potential to form a formidable spine and they cover every position from GK to ST, but the rest of the squad needs upgrading. 

It's bad. Our starting XI must be our main men. The rest are squad players, just in case our main men get injured, rested etc.
Ignoring the Brighton game, you should look at our past games that we were an absolute dross.
All I'm saying is, if we get Dzeko, he will not be enough for us to cement top 4. We will continue to struggle. He doesn't add much, he's slow, not in his goalscoring form etc. I'm ready to be proven wrong though, and I wish I can be proven wrong.
You missed my point, not important.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You