test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

29. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

2,430 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea should cut their losses on Alvaro Morata and sign Sebastien Haller

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/chelsea-should-cut-their-losses-on-alvaro-morata-and-sign-sebastien-haller

Chelsea should make a move for the in-form Bundesliga star Sebastien Haller and cut their losses on the inconsistent Alvaro Morata, as their struggles for a goalscorer continue since Diego Costa’s departure.

What’s the word, then?

The misfiring Spaniard has hit seven goals this season for the Blues, which looks a respectable figure until you realise he has missed nine clear cut chances, the third most in the Premier League.

As well as the former Real Madrid and Juventus man, Olivier Giroud is an option, but the 32-year-old has made just five league starts and doesn’t look like being a consistent contender for a place in the starting XI.

Who should they get in? 

One player who is recording some seriously impressive statistics right now is Eintracht Frankfurt striker Haller, alongside another hot property in Luka Jovic.

24-year-old Haller has scored 11 goals and created 10 more in just 18 starts in all competitions this season – that’s an astounding involvement in 21-goal goals and we’re only just entering December.

Snip

How about Timo Werner...would like the look of the guy upfront together with Pulisic/Malcolm and Hazard...

15 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

How about Timo Werner...would like the look of the guy upfront together with Pulisic/Malcolm and Hazard...

Werner will be 100m plus (and not worth it IMHO). Bayern will also move the earth to sign him.

We fucked up massively with Icardi in July. Now we have to scramble. I get bad feeling we make almost no moves in January.

If we fail to buy Icardi, Martial or any top CFs in January, we should buy Callum Wilson. No I'm not kidding.

He's a major improvement over the CFs we have now.

kellzfresh likes this

There are many things in life that baffle me but the persistence of starting this guy over Giroud or even Batsman is beyond anything I can comprehend.

43 minutes ago, Mana said:

If we fail to buy Icardi, Martial or any top CFs in January, we should buy Callum Wilson. No I'm not kidding.

He's a major improvement over the CFs we have now.

I've watched him a couple of times for Bournemouth this season and we could do far worse.

kellzfresh likes this

If we fail to buy Icardi, Martial or any top CFs in January, we should buy Callum Wilson. No I'm not kidding. He's a major improvement over the CFs we have now.

I'd honestly prefer to recall Tammy/Michy. We don't want more stopgaps that will cost £30m+ and isn't up of the level we require. 

Icardi isn't going anywhere till next summer, which will most likely be RM. We missed our chance in the summer gone

There are many things in life that baffle me but the persistence of starting this guy over Giroud or even Batsman is beyond anything I can comprehend.

Price tag is the only thing that makes any sense. The thinking of preserving in the hope shit changes needs to stop. Offload him to anyone at this point.

Fucking garbage isn't justifying enough for how bad this fucking lightweight is.

That chance yesterday where Giroud played the ball to him and he missed, he looked up at the ref and then nearly started fucking crying.

I'm done with this fucking washed up tit....fuck off.

Ex-referee gives his view on Alvaro Morata's penalty claim - the Chelsea star won't like it

The Blues had a big shout for a spot-kick early in the second half at Molineux

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/morata-penalty-chelsea-wolves-sarri-15516146

Chelsea didn't deserve much out of the 2-1m defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Wednesday night but it could have been a completely different story early in the second half.

The Blues were 1-0 up when Ruben Loftus-Cheek played a neat combination with Eden Hazard and then got himself down the left by-line. He fired in a cross along the floor to Alvaro Morata, but the Spaniard couldn't hit the target while under pressure from Wolves defender Willy Boly.

The striker was adamant it was a penalty, while he also ended up in a heap in the goal mouth, but referee Jonathan Moss waved away the claims, proving to be a pivotal moment in the game.

Wolves went on to come back to win with goals from Raul Jimenez and Diego Jota, however former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher believes Moss gave the right decision.

"I think he [Boly] gets in front of him and gets the ball and Morata's momentum takes him over. For me it's 100 per cent not a penalty," Gallagher said on Sky Sports.

snip

If reports are true, the clubs looking to sell him in January. Haller and Jovic are good players but not sure if we will go for them. We will have to see. Also no chance we sign Martial to play CF... should look to sign him though, hed be an excellent addition and give us more quality in wide areas (think hes definitely an inside forward from the wing as opposed to playing through the middle).

Morata if he does go, has been a big disappointment, for a player of his skillset and where he has played, what he has won, I am extremely disappointed that he hasnt managed to maintain the start he had and even after some good performances this season... he seems to struggle and go back to being poor. He has got the right attributes to be a top player but his mindset, its a big issue and affects his performances too much. 

kellzfresh and Vesper like this

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea have reportedly put Alvaro Morata on the transfer list as the club's board have agreed to listen to offers for him during the January window. (Cadena Cope).

daniel bryan yes GIF by WWE

xPetrCechx and jernej93 like this

On 06/12/2018 at 0:28 AM, DDA said:

Bats is much worse.

Miguelito and Vesper like this

Morata is the perfect example of how important the mental aspect of top level football is.

He's technically very good, big, quick, excellent in the air...but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a player with such a strong lack of belief in himself. 

Just to compare him with Giroud. Morata is a far more well rounded player and potentially much more to his game, but Giroud cops a lot of flak just like Morata for not scoring enough, etc. However you would never see Giroud's head drop. He'll continue to back himself, fight for the cause and never hides or shirks his responsibilities. 

It's why a manager will always take a player like Giroud in their squad than a player like Morata.

Robguima and OneMoSalah like this

6 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Morata is the perfect example of how important the mental aspect of top level football is.

He's technically very good, big, quick, excellent in the air...but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a player with such a strong lack of belief in himself. 

Just to compare him with Giroud. Morata is a far more well rounded player and potentially much more to his game, but Giroud cops a lot of flak just like Morata for not scoring enough, etc. However you would never see Giroud's head drop. He'll continue to back himself, fight for the cause and never hides or shirks his responsibilities. 

It's why a manager will always take a player like Giroud in their squad than a player like Morata.

Giroud has a far better technique when striking the ball. Morata has two left feet. 

kellzfresh likes this

10 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'd use these words to describe Lewandowski not Morata.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The crucial point being is Morata is half the player of RL.

No the point you madr was that tje aforementioned adjectives described Lewandowski not Morata when indeed they are a better description of Morata. Anyone knows Lewa is 100 times the player Morata is but not because of these adjectives. Lewa is better because of his mindset and strikers instinct

19 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah I see that as well. Morata has all the tools, but is missing a few marbles.

I’d just add that this weak mentality might also affect him in training, which might also explain his lack of progress on the physical side of his game since he joined.