Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

http://sportwitness.co.uk/25-year-old-says-talks-join-chelsea-started-last-spring-antonio-conte-major-factor/

Asked how he ended up at Stamford Bridge, and how he’s settled so well since making the Premier League move, Morata explained:

“I’m in debt with Conte. He had taken me for Juve and then left for Italy. When I knew he wanted me, I didn’t think twice.

“There were a number of favourable situations. The first was the coach: I knew Conte and I had no trouble finding myself in his football ideas. The second is the environment: I was very well received by my companions. The presence of a Spanish enclave, with Azplicueta, Alonso, Fabregas and Pedro, made things simpler. The third is my wife Alice Campello: she followed me to London.”

Asked why, given how much he loves Italy, he returned to Real Madrid, Morata explained it wasn’t really his choice: “I came as a boy, I went away as a real player. Italy for a Spaniard is the best country to live. You have everything: beauty, history, art, cooking, fashion. I would never have left Italy and Juve.

“There were contractual agreements to be respected. The disappointment was enormous: I found myself back to the starting point. They treated me like the boy I was before the two Italian seasons.”

That may explain why Morata was so keen to leave Madrid during the summer, despite having a potentially increasing role at the club.

Clearly feeling that Conte treats him better, and respects him more as a footballer than was the case with some at Madrid, Morata added: “I came here because there was a coach like Antonio Conte. We started talking about my eventual transfer last spring and I finally came to London.”

Gazzetta dello Sport asked the Chelsea star if he misses Italy, and whilst he was always likely to confirm doing so, it’s also likely Morata’s comments will be twisted into something more negative towards London: “Very. My wife would like to live in Spain, I in Italy. Here, we can find a compromise.”

6 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

4 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Alvaro Morata: 'I don't see myself in London for very long. It is too big, too much stress'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/30/alvaro-morata-dont-see-london-long-big-much-stress/

You are all like over 30 minutes late! #Noobs :chai:

Enjoying handmade pesto gnocchi in his silk shirt under a Renaissance cathedral outside, following a long lunch & walk by a lake with the Mrs in fine 19 degree celsius weather 

vs

Enjoying a chicken salad or steak pie inside a dark restaurant which, if he's lucky, may have views of skyscrapers and a grey sky, following an afternoon of avoiding places with fanatic fans in & around London, negotiating the terrible congestion, all with a yearning to just get home and turn off the London city buzz. No idea where he'll take the Mrs if they like peace / beauty.

North Italy vs London. It's not about the league. :wub:

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Leaving London =/= leaving Chelsea FC

You can live outside London and still play for us. Numerous of players have lived near the HQ at Cobham. Morata is a sensitive guy so ome can understand he does not like the metropolitan life in a mega city but believe it or not there are places in England not called london. So no need to panic.

True. Kent has had a fair share of Chelsea players, and it's calm as can be with birds singing etc.

So he came here only for Conte, that much we knew. Now after only 3 months he apparently already decided that London isn't for him. When Conte leaves, what happens? He loses motivation, starts playing shit and we sell him for a big loss? We didn't pay 60-70 mill for him just so he could leave after 1-2 seasons, we kept a much worse striker on our books for much longer and he costed less.

players need to learn to keep their mouths shut, let´s see his true commitment to our cause after these statements, im sick of players flirting with other clubs while playing for us, it just shows a big lack of respect to Chelsea Football Club, lets just hope this doesnt get blown out of proportion and Morata keeps banging in goals and not sulk

Morata clears up misunderstanding

"In the interview I wanted to say probably after my career I don't live in London. But I'm really happy in London."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morata-denies-he-wants-to-leave-chelsea-for-juventus-after-italy-/1fumrnpg15s8b146idzik495dj

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

When it rains it pours...

It does in England all the bloody time. A lot of overseas players like coming to London because it's so massive and they can go relatively unnoticed most of the time. Hernan Crespo couldn't settle because him and his missus would walk into restaurants and not get preferential treatment because most of the maitre d's didn't have a clue or give a shit who he was.

Different story in Italy where he and most footballers have almost freedom of the city type status. I remember Ray Wilkins telling a story that when he played for A.C. Milan he was refused a bottle of wine with his dinner as the restaurant owner said he had a game the next day and it would affect his game. That would never happen in England quite the opposite he would probably end up quaffing numerous bottles till about three in the morning.

4 hours ago, shinzomask said:

Morata clears up misunderstanding

"In the interview I wanted to say probably after my career I don't live in London. But I'm really happy in London."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morata-denies-he-wants-to-leave-chelsea-for-juventus-after-italy-/1fumrnpg15s8b146idzik495dj

For some stupid reason, we do have a tendency to keep shooting ourselves in the foot unnecessarily. Can respect Morata's honesty but his timing to say what he has said is just plain stupid, especially when he just joined the club in the summer. He may have clarified his comments but you just know the media will use those comments against him whenever he plays poorly or goes on some goal drought. Why can't players or manager for that matter (looking at you Antonio!) be smarter with their comments or better yet, keep their mouth shut?!