test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NiclasCFC

Adama Traore

Started by NiclasCFC,

116 posts in this topic
58 minutes ago, It's too big said:

So a 17 year old and 21 year old? How about we use our youth system instead? Ruben Loftus Cheek,

When is he not considered a youth? The fella is 22.

Im really still unsure about him. Still looks very clumsy to me.

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

What position has he been playing as of late? Still out on the wing? 

Seems hes Right Forward and then whichever side needs a sub. But must be something to the 8 out of last 10 games MoTM.

5af1d1ecc53fc_Adama_Traor_Football_Statistics_WhoScored.com_-_2018-05-08_17_30.thumb.jpg.85b532b639d50e72c8d11dbe618c3f0d.jpg

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

So a 17 year old and 21 year old? How about we use our youth system instead? Ruben Loftus Cheek, Mason Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Reece James. There's four names we should seriously be looking at giving squad places. 

Perhaps but I have known about Neves since he broke through at Porto and he will be an unbelievable MF player if he keeps playing regularly in the next few years. Sessengon is 17 and has scored between 10-15 goals as a LB/LW. I don’t think we have many 17 year olds as good as him. And if we don’t get him somebody else will and we will wondering why we didn’t go for him 3 or 4 years down the line.

RLC is still nowhere near proven enough at the top level (fitness is still very questionable for a professional as well) and will undoubtedly go on loan again as will Mount undoubtedly (Ajax are really keen and I think a season there in a better team than Vitesse playing every week at a club renowned for bringing on young players would be daft to ignore for him to play 5-10 games here over the case of a 40-50 game season). In the case of RLC he has played under how many managers here and two at palace and he still doesn’t have an actual settled position, he’s played as a CM/DM under Jose here, as a 10 under Jose.. as a second striker/inside forward under Conte, a CM under de Boer and a winger under Roy Hodgson. How somebody who nobody seems to know his actual best position is going to be a regular here next season is beyond me. Also 2 goals and 3 PL assists, let’s be reasonable. 

Hudson Odoi hopefully will break the mould and get a chance, he’s a top talent and has been doing well all season but again remains to be seen our record with youth is terrible. 

44 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but I have known about Neves since he broke through at Porto and he will be an unbelievable MF player if he keeps playing regularly in the next few years. Sessengon is 17 and has scored between 10-15 goals as a LB/LW. I don’t think we have many 17 year olds as good as him. And if we don’t get him somebody else will and we will wondering why we didn’t go for him 3 or 4 years down the line.

RLC is still nowhere near proven enough at the top level (fitness is still very questionable for a professional as well) and will undoubtedly go on loan again as will Mount undoubtedly (Ajax are really keen and I think a season there in a better team than Vitesse playing every week at a club renowned for bringing on young players would be daft to ignore for him to play 5-10 games here over the case of a 40-50 game season). In the case of RLC he has played under how many managers here and two at palace and he still doesn’t have an actual settled position, he’s played as a CM/DM under Jose here, as a 10 under Jose.. as a second striker/inside forward under Conte, a CM under de Boer and a winger under Roy Hodgson. How somebody who nobody seems to know his actual best position is going to be a regular here next season is beyond me. Also 2 goals and 3 PL assists, let’s be reasonable. 

Hudson Odoi hopefully will break the mould and get a chance, he’s a top talent and has been doing well all season but again remains to be seen our record with youth is terrible. 

we need players who have elite talent... Adama has his warts but in terms of what he does well? there is no question that he has elite level talent. 

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

When is he not considered a youth? The fella is 22.

Im really still unsure about him. Still looks very clumsy to me.

Seems hes Right Forward and then whichever side needs a sub. But must be something to the 8 out of last 10 games MoTM.

5af1d1ecc53fc_Adama_Traor_Football_Statistics_WhoScored.com_-_2018-05-08_17_30.thumb.jpg.85b532b639d50e72c8d11dbe618c3f0d.jpg

I notice on that whoscored page he nailed 10 assists for boro that's not bad 

Unionjack likes this

4 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

we need players who have elite talent... Adama has his warts but in terms of what he does well? there is no question that he has elite level talent. 

Honestly not convinced he’s elite one bit.

In a team who will have the ball most matches, I can’t see a place for somebody who’s main strengths is more or less being an outlet in a counter attacking team except perhaps playing him as a wing back but it looks nailed on Conte is off and likely that Sarri, who prefers a back 4, will take his place. 

Also he played in the PL and struggled a lot, fair enough he’s played more since then but a player who plays for Middlesborough won’t make the jump to Chelsea overnight and it would be a wrong move for both parties in my opinion. 

LAM09 and Tomo like this

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly not convinced he’s elite one bit.

In a team who will have the ball most matches, I can’t see a place for somebody who’s main strengths is more or less being an outlet in a counter attacking team except perhaps playing him as a wing back but it looks nailed on Conte is off and likely that Sarri, who prefers a back 4, will take his place. 

Also he played in the PL and struggled a lot, fair enough he’s played more since then but a player who plays for Middlesborough won’t make the jump to Chelsea overnight and it would be a wrong move for both parties in my opinion. 

He's a plan B off the bench... his pace, power and dribbling IS elite and can be utilized running at leggy defences.

And so what if he played in the PL before? the kid was 20? Its this short sided mind set that permeates throughout the club that is so nauseating. "If a young player doesn't impress immediately he's useless."

Did he have great performances in the prem? does that not warrant some merit considering his age?

15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

43 goals and counting says otherwise. 🤣

The guy's living off the fact he came from La Masia.

Haha, talking about Salah in Chelsea times :D We all saw raw potential but he didn't offer much other than pace :) 

Haha, talking about Salah in Chelsea times  We all saw raw potential but he didn't offer much other than pace  
Didn't get much of a chance to play, which was evident. Traore is playing in the Championship for a reason
OhForAGreavsie likes this

I don't see the attraction in this player at all. Simply not talented enough, or football-smart enough in my opinion. Pace, power, and still not good enough.

Amblève. likes this

I'm not surprised... most of you so called football experts have likely never kicked a ball. Pace, Power and elite(yes Elite) level dribbling can be very hard to deal with when you are tired and mistake prone. This is a plan B prospect, a guy that can come in off the bench and make a difference. But ya lets play the fairytale game where Nabil Fekir and Mbappe are coming to play in the Europa league... LOL.

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm not surprised... most of you so called football experts have likely never kicked a ball. Pace, Power and elite(yes Elite) level dribbling can be very hard to deal with when you are tired and mistake prone. This is a plan B prospect, a guy that can come in off the bench and make a difference. But ya lets play the fairytale game where Nabil Fekir and Mbappe are coming to play in the Europa league... LOL.

Have to remember we had Costa/Cescy come when we didnt have CL.

Its all down to the individual and how we approach them. If we goto them early and make them feel we really need them and want to make them an important piece of our rebuild. I know I'd like to be part of something where I fel important and wanted/

We NEVER have been a club that attracts the 'A List' player. Unless it was when we ere winning for fun and being televised so the young players of that time grew up wanting to be Drogs,Lamps etc,

Its all down to our Scouts,board,football director etc. Its them we need to transfer IMHO.

6 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Very much this in a nutshell really, the perspective has to be realised here, we are playing in the second tier of Europe's cup competition. Not only that but if we replace Traore with Pedro we have upgraded a lot.

Thor likes this

12 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You are welcome to call me a football expert, or anything else, if you wish. I think of myself as a fan with opinions.

You and I have often disagreed before and clearly we do so once more. I simply do not see anything elite in Traore. Things sometimes go right for him, as they do for all players. Demonstrating elite ability however is about being able to replicate excellence repeatedly. Traore does not. He has good age, a good profile, great pace and outstanding power. If he also adds elite dribbling skills as you claim then, never mind Europe's second tier club competition, what's he doing in England's second tier league? Why too is there no discernable clamour for his signature? I know that this last point is an appeal to authority which is not usually a sound way to debate but top level managers are not always wrong you know, and they are not wrong about Traore.

Amblève. likes this

12 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Dude, people even oppose to a player like Dybala's transfer around here. You will have a really hard time explaining Traore might be good addition. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Dude, people even oppose to a player like Dybala's transfer around here. You will have a really hard time explaining Traore might be good addition. Good luck.

I was calling for Dybala's signature before he left the lot with the pink shirts. Traore on the other hand is a Championship player.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

I was calling for Dybala's signature before he left the lot with the pink shirts. Traore on the other hand is a Championship player.

Yes obviously Dybala is much better and still some people are not impressed by him. No chance Chelsea Legend 11 find many people that agree with him on Traore.

Just now, 11Drogba said:

Yes obviously Dybala is much better and still some people are not impressed by him. No chance Chelsea Legend 11 find many people that agree with him on Traore.

Nor should they. CL11 is right as often as most of us in his player judgements but I think he's got this one wrong.

Lol... 

When people are clamouring for Traore signature..please know the club is nothing but monumental mediocrity...

Guys like Fekir Martins even Malcom are there also Christian Pavon won't be bad as well... But please Adama fucking Traore...

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol... 

When people are clamouring for Traore signature..please know the club is nothing but monumental mediocrity...

Guys like Fekir Martins even Malcom are there also Christian Pavon won't be bad as well... But please Adama fucking Traore...

What's amazing is how people like yourself haven't looked at our past few transfer windows and see Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Barkley and Bakayoko to name a few and yet are suprised when names like Traore come up. These are the types of players this club, and the calibre of the player we are targeting because we no longer have a 'Big pot' Along with that, and the elite players, we simply are not a big pull anymore, I mean fuck me Liverpool are a big attraction now.

Realism is simple...Europa League 99.9%, new manager 99.9% a board that really have little direction....I'm sorry but this Adama Traore talk rings exactly true of the board ambition we have seen for quite some time now.