test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dkim2

Virgil Van Dijk

Started by dkim2,

646 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request at Southampton...No chance Van Dijk moves in this window unless he follows by handing in a request and REALLY pushes for the move. Price just went up also. 

Yeah, losing both would ruin an already struggling Southampton. Can't see them letting both go.

20 minutes ago, Fernando said:

According to Mirror he is on our list for this summer of players to buy....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-already-plotting-100m-summer-9739312

He would be a good buy, because of his one on one tackling, speed, height and passing. 

But if he's too hard to get, we should keep an eye out for Maguire of hull city. We all saw good he was in a back 3, carrying the ball out from the back against us and has long range shooting. He was impressive too against manutd twice in a week and is only 23. He could be a homegrown bargain 

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Hope we make him our #1 defensive target. He'll be very difficult to sign because I'd bet that both Manchester clubs will be after him as well.

Luiz, Azpi, and VVD as a back 3 would be insane and have the perfect mix of all attributes.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hope we make him our #1 defensive target. He'll be very difficult to sign because I'd bet that both Manchester clubs will be after him as well.

Luiz, Azpi, and VVD as a back 3 would be insane and have the perfect mix of all attributes.

That means selling Christensen imo. I'd rather have Andreas. 

blu35_army, TheIceMan and Peace. like this

24 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Has Andreas already proven himself in the PL in contrast to Virgil? 

As he is reported to be a target:

Hope this doesn't damage his abilities when he returns from the injury. Would be a good signing. 

this injury will put his value at a lot less. clubs don't go for players with long injuries.

Southampton's Virgil Van Dijk out for at least two months with ankle injury.

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Not gonna lie..

Van Dijk-Luiz-Christensen Is a madness. 

But we couldn't do Azpi like that. And Cahill ain't going anywhere soon. 

13 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Has Andreas already proven himself in the PL in contrast to Virgil? 

As he is reported to be a target:

Hope this doesn't damage his abilities when he returns from the injury. Would be a good signing. 

Hope it doesn't damage Southampton's ability to take points off our rivals.

BoyBlue96 likes this

5 hours ago, the wes said:

According to The Sun, Nathan Ake could head to Southampton in a part-exchange deal for centre back Virgil van Dijk

Will be a toughie I think

The Sun:

Bournemouth have seen a bid rejected for Ake after a successful loan spell at Dean Court earlier this season.

That leaves the door open for Southampton to target him if fellow Dutchman Van Dijk makes the move to Stamford Bridge.

Landing VVD will cost more than £50million as Saints chairman Ralph Krueger is determined to keep him and has tied his player to a deal with five years left to run.

We still have Zouma and Christensen...

Can see this becoming the new Koulibaly saga but with VVD as the main character. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Save ourselves a boat load of cash and get Andreas back and forget this guy.

I just cant see him being the answer we need right now.

Theres no doubting the lads going to have a great career and prob the best player at BM but we need a creative, technical CB. Someone who is not only strong defensively but is comfortable on the ball and able to take the ball upfield some to start an attack.

Andreas is strong defending but as far as offence he isn't strong enough yet.

It would be good for us to keep him on now and carry on his training etc on site unless he gets a year at a PL side who could work on him and still get regular playing time.|Caue I cant see him coming back to sit on the bench with his parents and Thorgen bending his ear.

I think he would be good on ariel set pieces tho with the right training.  

https://streamable.com/lvomu

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I just cant see him being the answer we need right now.

Theres no doubting the lads going to have a great career and prob the best player at BM but we need a creative, technical CB. Someone who is not only strong defensively but is comfortable on the ball and able to take the ball upfield some to start an attack.

Andreas is strong defending but as far as offence he isn't strong enough yet.

It would be good for us to keep him on now and carry on his training etc on site unless he gets a year at a PL side who could work on him and still get regular playing time.|Caue I cant see him coming back to sit on the bench with his parents and Thorgen bending his ear.

I think he would be good on ariel set pieces tho with the right training.  

https://streamable.com/lvomu

If Christensen parents thinks Christensen is walk straight into starting line up his parents are in for real shock I think it will be battle between Zouma and Ake and himself who will try to impressed conte in pre-season like moses did last pre-season 

37 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

No, we don't need a creative CB. that's ridiculous 

How can you say that? Or was it sarcasm? If so ignore rest ;) 

We hardly have a drop of creativity and what we do have (Cescy) we hardly utilise.

We only really have Luiz that can get the ball forward from the back and the majority of the time he tries to boot it up looking for Diego.

We dont have any in CM. Our 2 lads are great defensive wise but neither really a B2B. Even with Matic getting a couple of assists and N'Golo finding his way to the final 1/3 more often we dont have anyone to partner N'golo to get thru solid defences.

We need a strong technical CB who can dribble himself safe to pass it forward and not just boot it clear and dreferably one that can get air and a solid link up with our CMs. Our top 3 are not getting the ball often enough and we need to find ways to do it.

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We hardly have a drop of creativity and what we do have (Cescy) we hardly utilise.

We only really have Luiz that can get the ball forward from the back and the majority of the time he tries to boot it up looking for Diego.

We dont have any in CM. Our 2 lads are great defensive wise but neither really a B2B. Even with Matic getting a couple of assists and N'Golo finding his way to the final 1/3 more often we dont have anyone to partner N'golo to get thru solid defences.

We need a strong technical CB who can dribble himself safe to pass it forward and not just boot it clear and dreferably one that can get air and a solid link up with our CMs. Our top 3 are not getting the ball often enough and we need to find ways to do it.

As long as that our "creative" CB is very good defender and strong physical type, Im ok. But I dont want any kind of ball playing CB that is average defender (ie Stones, Thiago Silva,...) 

I think the ugly truth about Christensen is that IMO he is not going to be what people expect. Good on the ball, but only decent defender at least for Premier league demands. Sure he is young, but if Conte decides Cahill is not good enough, I think we need either utilise Zouma or get new CB like Dijk or even Tah. 

Just because Christensen can start from the back for the cost of worse defense, no thank you.

Supermonkey92 and Unionjack like this

27 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We just need someone decent on the ball that can make simple passes. David Luis can be the creative force from the back. 

Idk much about Christienson but I'd be happy if we didn't buy any defenders. CM, RWB, LWB ( to backup Alonso) and a RW would be nice.