Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

The mighty Peterborough. The true test. The real team to measure the quality of a player against. Immense that he bagged one against this great team. Definitive proof that he is indeed a mighty goalscorer capable of filling in for Costa when it counts most.

6 minutes ago, Leif said:

The mighty Peterborough. The true test. The real team to measure the quality of a player against. Immense that he bagged one against this great team. Definitive proof that he is indeed a mighty goalscorer capable of filling in for Costa when it counts most.

Costa would have scored 4 today..

Can't blame him for desperately trying to prove his worth, he doesn't deserve all the pressure.

That being said, imaging replacing this guy with Llorente... I don't care who the opponent was, he is miles ahead of Llorente in terms of quality.

How many minutes has he played with Hazard on the pitch? Them two would be a deadly partnership; Hazard thrives from quality link-up play and Michy is also very good at this.

21 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Can't blame him for desperately trying to prove his worth, he doesn't deserve all the pressure.

That being said, imaging replacing this guy with Llorente... I don't care who the opponent was, he is miles ahead of Llorente in terms of quality.

How many minutes has he played with Hazard on the pitch? Them two would be a deadly partnership; Hazard thrives from quality link-up play and Michy is also very good at this.

Agree. Llorente is really different kind of striker and imo is worse choice than Bats.

Also, Hazard and Bats showed good chemistry for Belgium and I'm sure they can make a good duo for us. Unfortunately for him, Costa is on fire and it seems like Conte doesn't trust him enough.

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Body language after the goal was not convincing.

All game, really. I get that he's super frustrated but he can't let it affect him. 

Anyways, Leicester is the perfect opponent for him to maybe come on against with Diego. They could cause havoc together against the sluggish Huth and Morgan.

The lad is done I think. It's pretty sad how it all goes for him. He isn't that active anymore on social media and his body language during the game speaks for itself. Not celebrating his goal. No need to over-celebrate but he didn't do anything. No fist pumping or something. Nothing.

Conte never wanted him in the first blame so he's not to blame. I blame the board because it has board signing written all over Michy. Hope they find a good solution for him and that isn't Michy out on loan and Fernando Llorente in...

I'm just bewildered by how Conte can't seem to make one of the best, and promising, young strikers in the world work in his team. Especially when he got Moses, Alonso and Pedro fitting like a glove!
Hope we don't lose him since I think he can reach the same heights as Drogba (I know Matic would agree with me on that one according to his comments on FNL). Letting him go would be like letting De Bruyne go all over again, and imagine how we would be with KdB in the team.

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

The lad is done I think. It's pretty sad how it all goes for him. He isn't that active anymore on social media and his body language during the game speaks for itself. Not celebrating his goal. No need to over-celebrate but he didn't do anything. No fist pumping or something. Nothing.

Conte never wanted him in the first blame so he's not to blame. I blame the board because it has board signing written all over Michy. Hope they find a good solution for him and that isn't Michy out on loan and Fernando Llorente in...

Grow up, all this blame the board stuff is pathetic and childish. 

He was purchased because he is a young player with potential. the guy clearly needs more time.

7 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I'm just bewildered by how Conte can't seem to make one of the best, and promising, young strikers in the world work in his team. Especially when he got Moses, Alonso and Pedro fitting like a glove!
Hope we don't lose him since I think he can reach the same heights as Drogba (I know Matic would agree with me on that one according to his comments on FNL). Letting him go would be like letting De Bruyne go all over again, and imagine how we would be with KdB in the team.

Don't know if its true but this apparently is from WAGNH

The Christmas holidays are a time of the year for catching up with people we don't see too often, and so it was that I phoned up an old friend in London. This guy happens to be pretty close to Chelsea Football Club in a professional capacity and at one time was my go-to when I needed the inside track on goings-on at the club. So I asked him what the deal was with young Michy and why he hardly ever saw any game-time, given the facts mentioned above.

Well it would seem that I'm not the only one scratching my head. Conte, the coaching staff and others at the club are a little perplexed by the lad. He's apparently in a state of prolonged adolescence and dealing with him is like dealing with a big kid apparently. He larks around at the wrong times, he's got little sense of responsibility given his age, there's question marks over his discipline and apparently the finer points of coaching and team strategy pass him by at times. Not the sharpest tool in the shed may be the kindest way of putting it. Having said all that the club recognize the potential talent they have at their disposal. Chelsea believe he can become a great player once they sort his head out and he grows up a little.

Grow up, all this blame the board stuff is pathetic and childish. 

He was purchased because he is a young player with potential. the guy clearly needs more time.

I can't be mad at the club for buying a young guy who has some potential but they should've reviewed the decision to buy Michy with Conte. Because it looks like the club didn't do that. Conte didn't want Batshuayi. He was Italy manager at the time we signed Michy and when Conte started working as Chelsea manager Twitter was full with reports about him wanting Morata, which Morata confirmed to be the case some time ago.