Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

8 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I'm just bewildered by how Conte can't seem to make one of the best, and promising, young strikers in the world work in his team. Especially when he got Moses, Alonso and Pedro fitting like a glove!
Hope we don't lose him since I think he can reach the same heights as Drogba (I know Matic would agree with me on that one according to his comments on FNL). Letting him go would be like letting De Bruyne go all over again, and imagine how we would be with KdB in the team.

Good post and completely agree.

-_-.....he is nowhere close to De Bruyne's bracket..De Bruyne is literally one of the best midfielders we will see while we are alive. Top 10-15. Bats is not one of the top 30 strikers we'll see while we're alive. My god.

Letting him go would be much, much more akin to letting Salah go, come on. Or Cuadrado, actually. Average before coming here, average while here, and will be average once he leaves. 

Mentality makes or breaks a player, and Michy just wouldn't mind being a great striker - but he doesn't want it, however, so he'll never be it. I can't believe we pulled the trigger on a child who was only ever a starting player for Marseille when they had literally not 1 other senior striker around.

18 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

So it's same old story again. We still keep buying players without manager approval. And then we keep loaning them because manager doesn't want "someone" else players. And then after some time manager gets fired.

The main problem at this football club summed up. (next to our shit support)

Ray thinks he isn't good enough. Conte clearly doesn't rate him. Neither do I. How many experts do you guys need before conceding fans know less than people w coaching badges? Everything's a guess with a lot of you guys just so you can chime in with something to say; watch the damn players and learn the damn game *sniffs armpit sweat* And learn some basic ass psychology too so nobody has to explain 'how do u know a player is thinking that? :@' again.

This forum is in a shitshow and it isn't because of passioned posters going against popular opinion; it's the complete lack of critical thinking from the majority who champion mediocrity and slate the consistency from our actually good players. Gone until next season, don't banhammer me.

48 minutes ago, Leif said:

Ray thinks he isn't good enough. Conte clearly doesn't rate him. Neither do I. How many experts do you guys need before conceding fans know less than people w coaching badges? Everything's a guess with a lot of you guys just so you can chime in with something to say; watch the damn players and learn the damn game *sniffs armpit sweat* And learn some basic ass psychology too so nobody has to explain 'how do u know a player is thinking that? :@' again.

This forum is in a shitshow and it isn't because of passioned posters going against popular opinion; it's the complete lack of critical thinking from the majority who champion mediocrity and slate the consistency from our actually good players. Gone until next season, don't banhammer me.

Until he turns out to be Lukaku 2.0 who we could still use nowadays...

But yes, atm, he is not good enough. If he truly was, Conte would sub him on earlier for Diego and he would've started against Bournemouth. 

Oh, don't leave man :( 

In a one striker team it was always going to be nigh on impossible for him. We should of just done the Llorente thing months ago and this lad would of been saved from having splinters on his arse.

Daniel Sturridge written all over it.

2 hours ago, Tautvix said:

So it's same old story again. We still keep buying players without manager approval. And then we keep loaning them because manager doesn't want "someone" else players. And then after some time manager gets fired.

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

The main problem at this football club summed up. (next to our shit support)

If we gave every manager full control from the off Drogba would have replaced by Adriano, just saying.

Is there any proof that Conte actually didn't want Batshuayi or the board bought Batshuayi without consulting Conte? Have seen so many mentioned it like it's a fact. Let's not forget that Conte was confirmed as our new manager last April and given he might start the job late due to Euro 2016, he and the board could have easily discussed their transfer plans very early on, with Conte telling them who he wants and the board working out to get them. Maybe Conte also has a point that Batshuayi is still adapting to English football and his demands and it's difficult for Conte to play him when the team has performed well and won all but 2 games since the October

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Is there any proof that Conte actually didn't want Batshuayi or the board bought Batshuayi without consulting Conte? Have seen so many mentioned it like it's a fact. Let's not forget that Conte was confirmed as our new manager last April and given he might start the job late due to Euro 2016, he and the board could have easily discussed their transfer plans very early on, with Conte telling them who he wants and the board working out to get them. Maybe Conte also has a point that Batshuayi is still adapting to English football and his demands and it's difficult for Conte to play him when the team has performed well and won all but 2 games since the October

Well, Michy's not doing so well, so he's clearly board's buy. If he becomes very good, then we can immediately call him Conte's purchase.

20:56

HAMMERS BACK FOR BATSHUAYI

West Ham are interested in signing Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi on loan, according to Sky sources.

West Ham tried to sign him from Marseille last summer - they offered £31m but Batshuayi moved to Chelsea in a £33m deal.

Batshuayi has not started a Premier League game this season and we understand Chelsea are in talks to loan him to Swansea City in a swap deal with Fernando Llorente.

West Ham want to sign at least one striker this month and have already made bids for Sunderland's Jermain Defoe and Brentford's Scott Hogan.

52 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

20:56

HAMMERS BACK FOR BATSHUAYI

West Ham are interested in signing Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi on loan, according to Sky sources.

West Ham tried to sign him from Marseille last summer - they offered £31m but Batshuayi moved to Chelsea in a £33m deal.

Batshuayi has not started a Premier League game this season and we understand Chelsea are in talks to loan him to Swansea City in a swap deal with Fernando Llorente.

West Ham want to sign at least one striker this month and have already made bids for Sunderland's Jermain Defoe and Brentford's Scott Hogan.

Fuck off WHFC 

Its just one hellova palava init eh.

IF it was Conte that brought him then the lads bot to have no footballing sense at all to not get the system being used OR Conte just hasnt managed to find a way to teach him it. OR of coutse Conte just doesnt think hes upto it. But he keeps repearing that hes going nowhere. But what else would he say?

Im all about the team not the player so I just think if Conte aint gonna use him NOW (which is when we need a striker) then we sell him (obviously wont get what we paid out) and somehow bring one in.  If its this one on loan from Welshland then so be it just as long as they got all their team looking for a better one.

But Ive had mates taking the piss about swapping a player more expensive than Diego for a hasbeen already,

Whatever happens I hope the board/manager learns from this episode and it doesn;t end in a right pigs ear.

On 08/01/2017 at 8:23 PM, BoyBlue96 said:

The lad is done I think. It's pretty sad how it all goes for him. He isn't that active anymore on social media and his body language during the game speaks for itself. Not celebrating his goal. No need to over-celebrate but he didn't do anything. No fist pumping or something. Nothing.

Conte never wanted him in the first blame so he's not to blame. I blame the board because it has board signing written all over Michy. Hope they find a good solution for him and that isn't Michy out on loan and Fernando Llorente in...

I think that's a misinterpretation of his behaviour. None of the players went over the top after scoring. Even the first goal, which was the one most likely to cause excitement, was not made a huge fuss over. I thought the reactions to the goals were exactly as I expected them to be.

I also can understand Michy's desperate desire to impress and that leading to selfishness. The penny must drop, or more accurately he must demonstrate that the penny has already dropped, pretty quickly. For Sunday afternoon however, I found it excusable. That is at least in part because I don't really believe this is his problem. There was no sign of that selfishness during pre-season when he was, largely, very impressive in buildup play and decision-making.

My guess is that Antonio will talk to him about it, he will admit that he doesn't know what he was thinking about and it just won't happen again. Michy isn't Studge. This isn't going to become an issue.