Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Michy Batshuayi


Special Juan
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOOOOOL 

LMAO This just keeps getting better:   This is one of the best things that has ever happened on social media      

Over at Olympique Marseille during an interview he once confessed he sometimes couldn't sleep the night before game-day and then he'd often watch Spongebob episodes to calm his nerves. Fans that saw t

Posted Images

Needs to realize he's better off as a super sub against top flight teams.
Sure he can bag goals against minnows but seems to lack the basic elements of being a striker.
Hold up play is poor, doesn't press or be a nuisance to opposition defenders..it's really easy to take him out of the game.
Should recall Abraham in Jan, we just can't cut it with him backing up Morata. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zakhov said:

Needs to realize he's better off as a super sub against top flight teams.
Sure he can bag goals against minnows but seems to lack the basic elements of being a striker.
Hold up play is poor, doesn't press or be a nuisance to opposition defenders..it's really easy to take him out of the game.
Should recall Abraham in Jan, we just can't cut it with him backing up Morata. 

Yeah let’s recall somebody who’s played almost every game at Swansea to sit on the bench and only play 10-20 mins a game or if Morata, a player with a pretty good record with injuries, gets injured. 

I agree we need someone else but wouldn’t want to see Tammys development ruined for the sake of 10 games a season instead of 35-40.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah let’s recall somebody who’s played almost every game at Swansea to sit on the bench and only play 10-20 mins a game or if Morata, a player with a pretty good record with injuries, gets injured. 

I agree we need someone else but wouldn’t want to see Tammys development ruined for the sake of 10 games a season instead of 35-40.

The Ake approach.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The Ake approach.

But Ake was far more developed when we called him back than Tammy is now. Plus, it would be somewhat silly/irresponsible/cruel to recall the latter and expect him to do well whenever Morata isn't playing. More beneficial long term if he stays where he is right now.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah let’s recall somebody who’s played almost every game at Swansea to sit on the bench and only play 10-20 mins a game or if Morata, a player with a pretty good record with injuries, gets injured. 

I agree we need someone else but wouldn’t want to see Tammys development ruined for the sake of 10 games a season instead of 35-40.

I know what you mean, but I'm not sure we should buy somebody else as It'll hurt Tammy's chances further next season. It's either now or never and it's up to Conte and Tammy. But for heaven's sake, just give him a chance.
He might end up like Chalobah or Ake if he knows there's going to be another striker in our books and him going further down the pecking order.

Bats is a decent striker (I personally think he's better if he plays alongside another striker) but up front on his own? The way he was taken out of the game was eerily similar to the Burnley game on opening day.
If only we played Qarabag and Forest every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People were qustioning me when I said we need 3rd stiker and said that Morata and Bars are more than enough for the season. Yeah, sure, I can see now...
I just hope Morata can come back 100% fit as soon as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, The Skipper said:

When? Conte doesn’t rate Batshuayi, that much was clear when he pretty much refused to start him during Diego’s half year absence. Don’t like Conte’s treatment of Batshuayi at all. 

So do you still insist on the treatment thing? Bats is a fucking shit player + Conte never asked to join the team at the first place. 
Conte is a top manager and Bats is a funny kid being in a place he doesn't belong, earning money he doesn't deserve.
I wouldn't be nice to him either. Shitty player.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's currently a good poacher from inside the box but that's about it. He needs a good season long loan at a decent sized club to develop his all around game. The drop off in quality between our strikers is too big for a club like this.

City have two strikers in Jesus and Aguero who will each probably score 20 and United have Lukaku and soon Zlatan who can do the same. If Morata goes out for a lengthy period we're fucked. Yet another failure by the board this past summer.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Barely touched the ball yet he screams when he sees the sub board. Great on Twitter and awful on the field. Sell asap.

Got subbed off and lost yesterday and not one tweet from him. Funny that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/15/chelsea-face-difficult-season-fighting-four-fronts-antonio-conte

They struggled without the Spanish striker against Palace, with Michy Batshuayi failing to impress. The Belgian reacted poorly when he was substituted early in the second half. “I didn’t see this,” Conte said. “But it is normal to be angry after a bad performance – but every player had a bad performance.”

Conte was evasive when asked if he has faith in Batshuayi’s ability. “I trust in every player and try to give everyone the opportunity to take the chance. But also because we have Morata and then Batshuayi. The performance of the whole team was bad. Not one or two players.”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pizy said:

He's currently a good poacher from inside the box but that's about it. He needs a good season long loan at a decent sized club to develop his all around game. 

I even will argue that he is a better finisher than Morata but his overall game is mindbogglingly bad. 

And i agree that he need to go on loan somewhere to team like Everton to develop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, spyros_cfc said:

So do you still insist on the treatment thing? Bats is a fucking shit player + Conte never asked to join the team at the first place. 
Conte is a top manager and Bats is a funny kid being in a place he doesn't belong, earning money he doesn't deserve.
I wouldn't be nice to him either. Shitty player.

Yeah, I think I was wrong. If this is what he’s like in training etc. then I expected too much from Michy I guess, and Conte’s right - looks like Michy is better off somewhere else where he’ll play all the time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When you are playing in a team like Chelsea your movement has to be first-class up front but there was no real dynamic movement anywhere for someone to find him.

Ray Wilkins on Michy Batshuayi v Palace

Totally agree with ray on this one 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...