Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

2 minutes ago, 0007 said:

Agree 100%. Now is the time to take advantage of his stats and fool some club into paying 40m or even more. 

He is just not good enough for Chelsea but I'm afraid Lampard likes him too much. 

How much Arsenal want for Auba? 25m with one year left on contract?

I know he is 31 but if we miss out on Havertz I think selling Tammy for 40-50m and buying Auba for 25m would be great business. 

He can give us 2 or 3 years as a Timo cover. Plus Giroud as 3rd choice next season.

Speaking of Tammy...

He had 11 goals after 15 rounds.

Now after 32 just 13. So just 2 goals since than.

And when he does not score he offers nothing.

Actually apart from three games when he scored 7 goals (round 3, round 4 and round 5) he was beyond average.

He's good enough to be a cog in an already good attack. He's not good enough yet to be the main man who we depend on for goals.

Big time Lukaku at Man United vibes from him today. Touch like a brick wall, body control like a little kid who suddenly took control of an adults body. 

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

His contract is almost up. He will demand CHO wages. He's not good enough to get CHO wages.

It's bad enough we pay CHO that much money for nothing, we shouldn't make that same mistake with Tammy.

Don't mind keeping him but if he demands big wages, ship him off.

No chance of that happening, though. The club clearly love him and see him as one of our future poster boys. 

As I've said countless times, he doesn't have enough in him to cut it as our number 9 & still unsure about him being/wanting to be a squad player.

No idea why Lampard reverted back to him. Giroud is clearly the better option of the two and it's as simple as that.

35 minutes ago, Mana said:

His contract is almost up. He will demand CHO wages. He's not good enough to get CHO wages.

It's bad enough we pay CHO that much money for nothing, we shouldn't make that same mistake with Tammy.

Don't mind keeping him but if he demands big wages, ship him off.

He has to get the wages that CHO got. Does he deserve it? No, but the precedence is there right now.

He'd be a fool not to demand it. He at least earned it for a couple of months.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

As I've said countless times, he doesn't have enough in him to cut it as our number 9 & still unsure about him being/wanting to be a squad player.

No idea why Lampard reverted back to him. Giroud is clearly the better option of the two and it's as simple as that.

He probably started Tammy considering the amount of games we are playing in such a short amount of time. Giroud could not start in every game until the finish. He doesn't have the legs.

5 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He has to get the wages that CHO got. Does he deserve it? No, but the precedence is there right now.

He'd be a fool not to demand it. He at least earned it for a couple of months.

We probably made a mistake in giving the big wages to CHO. It's one that shouldn't be repeated. The good form Abraham showed earlier this season is nothing more than a purple patch based on how things have turned out and every player will go through a purple patch. It is a matter of sustaining it. The injuries haven't helped but the least Abraham could do is doing well with the basics and he isn't doing that. 

Just now, Jason said:

We probably made a mistake in giving the big wages to CHO. It's one that shouldn't be repeated. The good form Abraham showed earlier this season is nothing more than a purple patch based on how things have turned out and every player will go through a purple patch. It is a matter of sustaining it. The injuries haven't helped but the least Abraham could do is doing well with the basics and he isn't doing that. 

What he is doing right now well is getting angry with himself and with other for not passing it properly… And Rudiger was not the only gifting WHU a super cheap corner. Abraham did the same (but not in such a wonderful packing like Rudiger) in the first half. A super cheap corner putting us immediately under pressure.

3 minutes ago, Milan said:

What he is doing right now well is getting angry with himself and with other for not passing it properly…

Abraham should really be looking at himself first. He is like, what others have been saying, a bambi on ice. And his Bakayoko-esque ability in controlling the ball is so painful to watch!

He probably started Tammy considering the amount of games we are playing in such a short amount of time. Giroud could not start in every game until the finish. He doesn't have the legs.
Tammy played the entire match against Leicester, so starting Giroud in this one should have been one obvious change to the starting XI.

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

Like I said a billion times already. Giving CHO that kind of wage now sets the level for these kids to demand. Marina fecked up BIG time.
I will be pissed off if we give Abraham that kind of wage or higher. He doesn’t deserve it (and CHO).

Ship him off and find a better CB.

120k plus add ons is hardly outrageous for an elite prospect.

If say United have to pay that to keep Greenwood do you really think they wouldn't?

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

120k plus add ons is hardly outrageous for an elite prospect.

If say United have to pay that to keep Greenwood do you really think they wouldn't?

An elite prospect...who hasn't even done anything of note or consistent yet. Different case if he had been doing a Sancho with us.

Just now, Jason said:

An elite prospect...who hasn't even done anything of note or consistent yet. Different case if he had been doing a Sancho with us.

Define, anything of note.

Just now, Tomo said:

Define, anything of note.

Like performing week in week out. Scoring goals. Providing assists. 

You're being very kind if you count showing glimpses here and there as something notable. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like performing week in week out. Scoring goals. Providing assists. 

You're being very kind if you count showing glimpses here and there as something notable. 

By that same logic Greenwood has done nothing notable yet United fans are rightly going gaga over him. If it was between giving him 120k plus add one even this early or potentially seeing him at a rival, it's would be a short conversation. I'm not exactly sure why paying our biggest attacking academy talent for decades money which is in the modern day squad player level wages is deemed so controversial, not one club in the world would think twice if it came to it.

Also he was a big part of our Europa win, wanted by one of the world's biggest clubs who were prepared to lay out their at the time second highest ever fee on a player, Pep was so worried about his introduction in the LC final he immediately ordered a double up.

This season he returned from a serious injury and for about a month was top class. Came on Vs Brighton and layed out a beautiful assist for Willian to finish the game, then four days later comes on for his CL debut and within a minute assists the winner had a very good spell from that point followed by a meh winter but from Christmas onwards upto his injury he was fantastic including creating about 6 clear chances in our game against Arsenal. His general decision making is very mature for his age and a lot of his assists and key chances created have happened through moments of intelligence and awareness that Willian is known to lack. There's every chance he's going to be a world class player and all the metrics back that up.

Also you mention Sancho, if we sign him he'll command wages in the 300k region, which kind of backs up my point. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

It is outrageous. There are senior PL players that get less money than CHO. CHO isn’t even that great.

Couldn't disagree more, he holds his own against talents his age (as those graphs below show) and this is despite coming back from a serious injury that has ended many a career.

I'm happy to do a Redknapp stick my neck on the line and say unless he's blighted by injuries he's going right to the very top.

EWned6sU4AEBw2h.png

EWnfwn7U0AElS8k.png

EWnicwcU0AALcBO.jpg

ERu56_NXkAEAVx3.jpg

EVa99ONXkAQslA0.jpg

EVa-EIoWkAADws-.jpg

EVa-NRVXsAUy4ik.jpg

ETnELvVUUAAZULM.png

ESrrGRmXQAQvwEG.png

EWn7813WAAEGDW7.jpg

EVbTunkXYAADu7A.jpg

EU_SuabXgAAIWbt.jpg

EWmzLQMXYAAOBIw.png

EWmhwNIX0AIaiQ2.png

EWRrkvqX0AAqcvU.jpg

EW3SvA-XgAImkYQ.png

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

By that same logic Greenwood has done nothing notable yet United fans are rightly going gaga over him. If it was between giving him 120k plus add one even this early or potentially seeing him at a rival, it's would be a short conversation. I'm not exactly sure why paying our biggest attacking academy talent for decades money which is in the modern day squad player level wages is deemed so controversial, not one club in the world would think twice if it came to it.

I could care less about what United fans are talking about Greenwood or what they are gonna do with him because he's not our player. Maybe I am being old school but my point on this subject with CHO is that paying someone so much at a young age because of potential is nonsensical, even more so when he hasn't done anything consistently at the highest level. Imagine a fresh graduate looking for a job and he or she tells the potential employer that they should be paid say $8,000 because they achieved A+ in university and have the potential to be a great CEO! Furthermore, let's not pretend like the club wanted to pay CHO 120k per week or whatever the amount is had they not been back into a corner by CHO's transfer request and Bayern's interest. If the club really valued him that highly, they would have given the amount to begin with. And I am not sure CHO being our "biggest attacking academy talent" is a universal opinion. It is the opinion of few people or just you.

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Also he was a big part of our Europa win, wanted by one of the world's biggest clubs who were prepared to lay out their at the time second highest ever fee on a player, Pep was so worried about his introduction in the LC final he immediately ordered a double up.

This season he returned from a serious injury and for about a month was top class. Came on Vs Brighton and layed out a beautiful assist for Willian to finish the game, then four days later comes on for his CL debut and within a minute assists the winner had a very good spell from that point followed by a meh winter but from Christmas onwards upto his injury he was fantastic including creating about 6 clear chances in our game against Arsenal. His general decision making is very mature for his age and a lot of his assists and key chances created have happened through moments of intelligence and awareness that Willian is known to lack. There's every chance he's going to be a world class player and all the metrics back that up.

Not saying CHO hasn't contributed in the first team but with all due respect, Tomo, I am not sure how seriously to take this because I know you have a tendency to exaggerate things like this. Sorry.

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Also you mention Sancho, if we sign him he'll command wages in the 300k region, which kind of backs up my point. 

It is debatable that we would even pay Sancho that much but would he deserve a big wages say somewhere around 200k? Based on what he's done at Dortmund for two straight seasons now, yeah.