test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

9. Tammy Abraham

Started by Captain Ahmed,

1,109 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Big difference between thinking a player we already have from youth level is not ready and then thinking the inverse (that a player will be great) on one who cost £40m and was meant to be a massive part of the team.

I stand by my call on Mount at that time as he HAD went a big slump period. I never ever slated him long term, just thought he needed another year of prep.

That is nowhere near as much of a cockup as think Bakayoko was going ro be a monster.

I think I win the award for the biggest mistakes, I thought AVB was going to be spectacular.

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Big difference between thinking a player we already have from youth level is not ready and then thinking the inverse (that a player will be great) on one who cost £40m and was meant to be a massive part of the team.

I stand by my call on Mount at that time as he HAD went through a big slump period. I never ever slated him long term, just thought he needed another year of prep.

That is nowhere near as much of a cockup as think Bakayoko was going ro be a monster.

Fair enough.

But it was not hard to see why mount wont find it hard to slot in here.

Also, as far as Baka is concerned, I think he would have been a good player had conte stayed. He seemed to be a good fit for that system. Hell, conte even made use of moses and won a league with him in our starting 11. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to Lamps he's saying the right things publicly but with the best will in the world Tammy wouldn't be starting if there wasn't a transfer ban. If Tammy's form tails off at the back end of the season will Lamps fork out on a new centre forward in the Summer chances are he will. One thing is for definite though is Tammy looks a far better prospect then Rashford who I've never rated and has got a shovel foot I've never seen someone sky the ball into the crowd more times since Micky Droy and they were clearances!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Fair enough.

But it was not hard to see why mount wont find it hard to slot in here.

Also, as far as Baka is concerned, I think he would have been a good player had conte stayed. He seemed to be a good fit for that system. Hell, conte even made use of moses and won a league with him in our starting 11. 

Oh, I think Mount is going to be a monster for the next 10 years plus. He has overcome the one main issue I saw at Derby (his strength)

He seems to be much more capable of not being bullied off the ball

his energy is amazing, and he is a sniper

and just 8 months ago or so, he was still a TEEN, so it it is nowhere but up from here

he is younger than Mbappe by a little less than 2 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vesper said:

Oh, I think Mount is going to be a monster for the next 10 years plus. He has overcome the one main issue I saw at Derby (his strength)

He seems to be much more capable of not being bullied off the ball

his energy is amazing, and he is a sniper

and just 8 months ago or so, he was still a TEEN, so it it is nowhere but up from here

he is younger than Mbappe by a little less than 2 months

He still has to learn a lot. Especially, when it comes to his passing. Anjoring for instance is way more creative

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He still has to learn a lot. Especially, when it comes to his passing. Anjoring for instance is way more creative

Anjorin reminds me of a younger, higher upside Dele Alli (PLEASE DO NOT HATE, it is not a put-down to me, although I hate Alli as Spud cunt and he has regressed a bit since two years ago)

my top rated youth

CMF  Billy Gilmour 

AMF  Faustino Anjorin

CB Marc Guehi

LB Ian Maatsen (plays CB and DMF as well)

complete list here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no doubt that other elements to Tammy's game seem to be improving each game and that is simply developing from a mixture of experience and confidence.

I can remember when Spurs fans were begging for Kane to be given a chance and when he first came in he scored a few goals but was very raw and didn't offer much else. The other attributes to his game developed and improved over time and he was afforded that time to gain experience and develop those because he was scoring goals.

The hope is that Tammy can have a similar development curve so as others have mentioned, when he has games that he doesn't score he is still contributing for the side.

Bosnian Blue and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Fair play to Lamps he's saying the right things publicly but with the best will in the world Tammy wouldn't be starting if there wasn't a transfer ban. If Tammy's form tails off at the back end of the season will Lamps fork out on a new centre forward in the Summer chances are he will.

If we hadn't gotten the transfer ban, we might not have hired Lampard and gone down this youth route. But given how things have panned out and will likely pan out based on them, it might actually be a blessing in disguise.

Regardless of whether Abraham can sustain this form (he's bound to go through some dip in form/inconsistent period given his age), we definitely need to sign a striker next summer. Giroud will likely leave and Batshuayi just isn't up to it. Whether getting a new striker will make Abraham second choice or not remains to be seen but we definitely need a new striker. We need options and players who can provide competition to one another to get better.

Robchels and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

Fair play to Lamps he's saying the right things publicly but with the best will in the world Tammy wouldn't be starting if there wasn't a transfer ban. If Tammy's form tails off at the back end of the season will Lamps fork out on a new centre forward in the Summer chances are he will. One thing is for definite though is Tammy looks a far better prospect then Rashford who I've never rated and has got a shovel foot I've never seen someone sky the ball into the crowd more times since Micky Droy and they were clearances!

Agree and disagree with that. They are players of completely different characteristics - reckon Rashford is the more sought after for being skillful, therefore, the more valuable of the two - even if Tammy becomes a consistent goal scorer. In an off-day, Rashford will always be more likely to contribute even if not scoring. (will be good for England to have both tho)

And I'm writing this after Tammy struggled against valencia. It's OK and it will happen again (many times).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't score yesterday but I don't think that means he had a bad game. He links the play almost as well as Giroud does, in my honest opinion! Ryan made one superb save 1v1 (you might argue Tammy should have scored, but it was a decent finish and excellent goalkeeping, in truth), but what I liked most was his high pressing, which almost resulted in him stealing a goal from a poor back pass. The thing that surprises me the most about him is that he is quite an intelligent footballer with a good understanding of the game, and he is able to appraise the situation quite well for a young player. He's won me over, as I had expressed doubts about both his goalscoring abilities in the Premier League, and his intelligence to play as a lone striker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

He didn't score yesterday but I don't think that means he had a bad game. He links the play almost as well as Giroud does, in my honest opinion! Ryan made one superb save 1v1 (you might argue Tammy should have scored, but it was a decent finish and excellent goalkeeping, in truth), but what I liked most was his high pressing, which almost resulted in him stealing a goal from a poor back pass. The thing that surprises me the most about him is that he is quite an intelligent footballer with a good understanding of the game, and he is able to appraise the situation quite well for a young player. He's won me over, as I had expressed doubts about both his goalscoring abilities in the Premier League, and his intelligence to play as a lone striker. 

He did have a good game against Brighton. Just his finishing wasn’t there.

giroud is very different: stronger in the air, much slower, but more reliable against stronger opposition.

Tammy needs to do this, the linkup, movement, and winning high balls, when playing against stronger opposition. I still see a strong link between his performances and the level of the opposition.

thats the next step he needs to take, and each of the next steps will be the hardest, as he approaches the elite.

Im not yet sure he will make it at this level. There is a good change that he will be at least a lukaku, but I’m still hoping for a bit more. Time will tell.

BlueLion. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 - Tammy Abraham's goal (assisted by Fikayo Tomori) was Chelsea's first in the Champions League scored and assisted by two English players since March 2012, when Frank Lampard set up John Terry against Napoli. Lions.

 

:,(

 

Time flies...

 

I really hope these guys will make it. It would be painful to look back in five years like “do you remember when we tried to stay on the surface with ‘then-promising-now-champo’ players?”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tomo said:

Tbf if a Lukaku level player is his ceiling that won't be too bad. The reason Lukaku himself is deemed problematic is because he thinks to highly of himself and becomes toxic for the locker room when he doesn't get his own way (ala an unconditional starting spot).

Absolutely! I meant at the technical level, which he already appears close to lukaku. I still hope he surpasses him there too tho.

in the mentality aspect, he’s about several light years ahead. Loses the football and chases the taker... great to see. 

His finishing today was really good! He probably wanted a cleaner first touch, but the way he adjusted his body was great.

Tomo and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2019 at 0:43 AM, Tomo said:

Tbf if a Lukaku level player is his ceiling that won't be too bad. The reason Lukaku himself is deemed problematic is because he thinks to highly of himself and becomes toxic for the locker room when he doesn't get his own way (ala an unconditional starting spot).

It's not only that imo. He scored a lot of goals for United but fans there were never happy with him. Similar to Michy in that regard. Scoring goals but looks poor in the games. I don't want Tammy to be that player. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.