test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

9. Tammy Abraham

Started by Captain Ahmed,

813 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Big difference between thinking a player we already have from youth level is not ready and then thinking the inverse (that a player will be great) on one who cost £40m and was meant to be a massive part of the team.

I stand by my call on Mount at that time as he HAD went a big slump period. I never ever slated him long term, just thought he needed another year of prep.

That is nowhere near as much of a cockup as think Bakayoko was going ro be a monster.

I think I win the award for the biggest mistakes, I thought AVB was going to be spectacular.

Fernando likes this

10 hours ago, Mana said:

I have a very good record of telling which players are shite, since Salah. I knew Morata, Baka, Falcao etc. are going to be flops and I was right.

I said Abraham ain't good enough for the PL. I was almost sure of it. 

Was wondering before, how can player score 20+ Championship goals last season...but he wears that Chelsea shirt he turns in to a Morata? His pre-season and first two games showed everything what Morata would do with a sprinkle of Lukaku.

That curse of the number nine shirt was showing yet again.

On Saturday though, he really did change my view on this young lad. Now, I'm not sure if this is a purple patch for him. But if he continues this way, what a upcoming star that we have.

I wasn't a Tammy "hater", I was just very disappointed what I saw in the beginning. He is currently shutting me up and killing my record.

Last and not least, full props to Lampard for keeping the faith on Abraham. If Abraham turns out to be a massive star at Chelsea, Lampard is the guy that helped him. Because a Mourinho or Sarri would have ditched him.

LOL

Mate, nothing special in predicting Morata, Bakayoko and Falcao would flop...what was surprising was people claiming those guys would be huge success, but you are right, Uncle Frank got some big balls for playing Abraham from the beginning. Few managers around would put faith in a young CF coming from Championship.

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Big difference between thinking a player we already have from youth level is not ready and then thinking the inverse (that a player will be great) on one who cost £40m and was meant to be a massive part of the team.

I stand by my call on Mount at that time as he HAD went through a big slump period. I never ever slated him long term, just thought he needed another year of prep.

That is nowhere near as much of a cockup as think Bakayoko was going ro be a monster.

Fair enough.

But it was not hard to see why mount wont find it hard to slot in here.

Also, as far as Baka is concerned, I think he would have been a good player had conte stayed. He seemed to be a good fit for that system. Hell, conte even made use of moses and won a league with him in our starting 11. 

Vesper likes this

Fair play to Lamps he's saying the right things publicly but with the best will in the world Tammy wouldn't be starting if there wasn't a transfer ban. If Tammy's form tails off at the back end of the season will Lamps fork out on a new centre forward in the Summer chances are he will. One thing is for definite though is Tammy looks a far better prospect then Rashford who I've never rated and has got a shovel foot I've never seen someone sky the ball into the crowd more times since Micky Droy and they were clearances!

Fernando, manpe, Robchels and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Fair enough.

But it was not hard to see why mount wont find it hard to slot in here.

Also, as far as Baka is concerned, I think he would have been a good player had conte stayed. He seemed to be a good fit for that system. Hell, conte even made use of moses and won a league with him in our starting 11. 

Oh, I think Mount is going to be a monster for the next 10 years plus. He has overcome the one main issue I saw at Derby (his strength)

He seems to be much more capable of not being bullied off the ball

his energy is amazing, and he is a sniper

and just 8 months ago or so, he was still a TEEN, so it it is nowhere but up from here

he is younger than Mbappe by a little less than 2 months

Just now, Vesper said:

Oh, I think Mount is going to be a monster for the next 10 years plus. He has overcome the one main issue I saw at Derby (his strength)

He seems to be much more capable of not being bullied off the ball

his energy is amazing, and he is a sniper

and just 8 months ago or so, he was still a TEEN, so it it is nowhere but up from here

he is younger than Mbappe by a little less than 2 months

He still has to learn a lot. Especially, when it comes to his passing. Anjoring for instance is way more creative

Vesper likes this

21 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He still has to learn a lot. Especially, when it comes to his passing. Anjoring for instance is way more creative

Anjorin reminds me of a younger, higher upside Dele Alli (PLEASE DO NOT HATE, it is not a put-down to me, although I hate Alli as Spud cunt and he has regressed a bit since two years ago)

my top rated youth

CMF  Billy Gilmour 

AMF  Faustino Anjorin

CB Marc Guehi

LB Ian Maatsen (plays CB and DMF as well)

complete list here

There's no doubt that other elements to Tammy's game seem to be improving each game and that is simply developing from a mixture of experience and confidence.

I can remember when Spurs fans were begging for Kane to be given a chance and when he first came in he scored a few goals but was very raw and didn't offer much else. The other attributes to his game developed and improved over time and he was afforded that time to gain experience and develop those because he was scoring goals.

The hope is that Tammy can have a similar development curve so as others have mentioned, when he has games that he doesn't score he is still contributing for the side.

Bosnian Blue and Fernando like this

8 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Fair play to Lamps he's saying the right things publicly but with the best will in the world Tammy wouldn't be starting if there wasn't a transfer ban. If Tammy's form tails off at the back end of the season will Lamps fork out on a new centre forward in the Summer chances are he will.

If we hadn't gotten the transfer ban, we might not have hired Lampard and gone down this youth route. But given how things have panned out and will likely pan out based on them, it might actually be a blessing in disguise.

Regardless of whether Abraham can sustain this form (he's bound to go through some dip in form/inconsistent period given his age), we definitely need to sign a striker next summer. Giroud will likely leave and Batshuayi just isn't up to it. Whether getting a new striker will make Abraham second choice or not remains to be seen but we definitely need a new striker. We need options and players who can provide competition to one another to get better.

Fernando and Robchels like this

On 9/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

Fair play to Lamps he's saying the right things publicly but with the best will in the world Tammy wouldn't be starting if there wasn't a transfer ban. If Tammy's form tails off at the back end of the season will Lamps fork out on a new centre forward in the Summer chances are he will. One thing is for definite though is Tammy looks a far better prospect then Rashford who I've never rated and has got a shovel foot I've never seen someone sky the ball into the crowd more times since Micky Droy and they were clearances!

Agree and disagree with that. They are players of completely different characteristics - reckon Rashford is the more sought after for being skillful, therefore, the more valuable of the two - even if Tammy becomes a consistent goal scorer. In an off-day, Rashford will always be more likely to contribute even if not scoring. (will be good for England to have both tho)

And I'm writing this after Tammy struggled against valencia. It's OK and it will happen again (many times).