test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

9. Tammy Abraham

Started by Captain Ahmed,

886 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Robchels said:

I guess the context is lost in you. Go back rooting for bakayoko buddy. :) 

Good for Tammy and confidence for the young team, and I wrote before he may become a useful striker for us (not great), but we all knew he could score against championship sides didn’t we?

here’s another one: in this game, Norwich, we were no better than in the other games, but the opposition was championship level. Still a worrying performance for me.

Worrying performance? Seriously? 

I guess the context was not really lost on me. I got it spot on. 😂 

Just now, 1905didierblue said:

Worrying performance? Seriously? 

I guess the context was not really lost on me. I got it spot on. 😂 

I also stand by what I said.

norwich will finish bottom 6.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Stand by it, two good goals, very average. Can't wait to be proved wrong.

It's good to have opinions. The opinions will be better if they are based on a good enough sample size, rather than 141 minutes against the CL champions and PL top 4 competitors. 

Anyways, the "very average" is for the performance? If that it so, then I guess our metric of a good performance is really really different 

killer1257 and Strike like this

9 minutes ago, Robchels said:

I also stand by what I said.

norwich will finish bottom 6.

I am pretty sure Norwich will be much closer to 10th position than the 10th position will be to top 6. If Norwich is a championship level team, then so is half the PL. And if Tammy can keep scoring braces against those, while putting in great performances like these, I for one will be happy

killer1257 likes this

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I am pretty sure Norwich will be much closer to 10th position than the 10th position will be to top 6. If Norwich is a championship level team, then so is half the PL. And if Tammy can keep scoring braces against those, while putting in great performances like these, I for one will be happy

Honestly you and mr killer are underestimating our squad. 

Willian and giroud would be Norwich star players this season were they there. Same with the vast majority of our players.

sorry, no, Norwich defended poorly today. Bad defense usually means a drop. They did not stay focused and closed down players. Even in our goals Tammy had no one even annoying him. It was a very easy game and we still conceded twice.

if Norwich can improve and defend better, then this win becomes more important as they will take points from others. But what I saw today was really poor all over the place defending... i’m saying that Everton will go there and get all 3 points.

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:
If we bought 100m striker this summer and he performed first few games like Abraham I'm sure he wouldn't get such a treatment on here. Not even close. What do you expect from the boy? Scored two goals today, won us a penalty from the bench against Liverpool, hit the post at Old Trafford, basically just inches away from being a hero there and had just a cameo against Leicester. Let's be honest, this is all because he missed a penalty in Super Cup. It could happened to anyone and tbh it was on Lampard. You don't put a kid to shoot fifth penalty in front of more experienced players like Azpi and Pedro. 

He had 2 goals in 8 prior to yesterday's brace. The hot take about the penalty miss couldn't be further from the truth; had he score the winner against Leicester, everyone would have been delighted. 

P.S. Tammy might be a "kid", but he's probably taken more professional penalties than those two combined.

Strike likes this

50 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He had 2 goals in 8 prior to yesterday's brace. The hot take about the penalty miss couldn't be further from the truth; had he score the winner against Leicester, everyone would have been delighted. 

P.S. Tammy might be a "kid", but he's probably taken more professional penalties than those two combined.

Spot on. Tammy was selected for that penalty because he is an experienced penalty taker. He failed miserably. To be fair, the penalty against the loss after everyone else has scored is by far the hardest penalty you can take in a shootout. I am still  in the Tammy is not good enough brigade, desptie his two amazing finishes today but until Batshuayi is fit, Tammy is probably our best option. If he scores or play great after the international break vs Wolves and Liverpool I might reconsider my opinion. till then two well-taken goals dont make a summer. 

LAM09 likes this

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:
Spot on. Tammy was selected for that penalty because he is an experienced penalty taker. He failed miserably. To be fair, the penalty against the loss after everyone else has scored is by far the hardest penalty you can take in a shootout. I am still  in the Tammy is not good enough brigade, desptie his two amazing finishes today but until Batshuayi is fit, Tammy is probably our best option. If he scores or play great after the international break vs Wolves and Liverpool I might reconsider my opinion. till then two well-taken goals dont make a summer. 

It's hard to find level-headed take on yesterday's performance for what it was rather than some sort of justification.

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

The same people who judged him after the first couple of games are now saying this 😂

Three games to one.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

No, Lamps said that he was selected as the fifth penalty taker due to the fact that Tammy asked him to give him the fifth penalty taker slot.Tammy wanted to shoot the penalty because of his confidence.

1905didierblue likes this

7 hours ago, Robchels said:

Honestly you and mr killer are underestimating our squad. 

Willian and giroud would be Norwich star players this season were they there. Same with the vast majority of our players.

sorry, no, Norwich defended poorly today. Bad defense usually means a drop. They did not stay focused and closed down players. Even in our goals Tammy had no one even annoying him. It was a very easy game and we still conceded twice.

if Norwich can improve and defend better, then this win becomes more important as they will take points from others. But what I saw today was really poor all over the place defending... i’m saying that Everton will go there and get all 3 points.

I honestly don't know what the kid has done to get this much ire but atleast let me try.

You are saying Norwich's defence was bad, yet the 2 goals he scored today were complete quality. He got much easier chances against better defenses that he should infact have converted. IF, that was not the case, I would actually be worried, but the kid has shown that he has what it takes. His hold up play has been very good in the 4 games, as has his movement which has seen him get into good positions. So saying he scored just because norwicj were poor defensively is a joke.

As for giroud, he is not our future. Tammy is or can be. Taking a gamble over the kid is far better than with giroud who has some glaring deficiency like the lack of pace.

killer1257, ja1 and Stats like this

2 hours ago, Strike said:

The same people who judged him after the first couple of games are now saying this 😂

Exactly. Can't believe the knee jerk. These people can judge a person after a good showing in 141 minutes and say that since he did not score, he is not good enough..now the same geniuses want him judged after 5-10 games. By the way, auba and Pepe did not score against pool despite a couple of big opportunities. Clearly 'not good enough' and "championship material"

ja1 and killer1257 like this

59 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Exactly. Can't believe the knee jerk. These people can judge a person after a good showing in 141 minutes and say that since he did not score, he is not good enough..now the same geniuses want him judged after 5-10 games. By the way, auba and Pepe did not score against pool despite a couple of big opportunities. Clearly 'not good enough' and "championship material"

Like I said, some Chelseafans are very hypocritical and don´t have fair judgement on players. Let them be haters. RLC was judged very poorly too. One example from Special Juan

Had a chance to shine, didn't, and I don't think he ever will to be honest.

That quote from Special Juan was under Conte where RLC did not play in his natural  position. Most people do not even know that RLC is a no. 8. He was playing no. 8 since his youth. Mou thought that he was a no. 6 in the long run and played him as a no. 6 or sometimes as a no. 10 because he thought that he was not experienced enough to play the no. 6 position. He never was a no. 6 in youth. Mou did not know shit about RLC´s real position, even though it was obvious when you analyze his strenghts. Saying RLC is a no. 6 in the long term is just stupid, but Mou is the worst coach of all time when it somes to youth integration and seeing youth potential. Conte used him as a striker and he never played striker at youth level. Roy at Palace played him as a winger and he was not a winger at youth level. It took fucking Sarri to realise that he was a no. 8 and Sarri played him there because he needed no. 8 players. People back than were always slaughtering RLC for no good reasons too. Judging a no.8 when he plays as a no. 10 or a striker is not the most objective idea, but these Chelsea experts don´t care and say that they are not good enough either way... You can´t change chelsea fans. Most of them are as knowledgeable as Real Madrid fans.... It is what it is.

1905didierblue likes this

4 hours ago, Nicco said:

Three games to one.

Oh I thought it was just one. But yep you are spot on. Three games are way more than enough to make an objective, comprehensive opinion on player.

Also Pukki is best player in the world, not Messi.

1905didierblue and killer1257 like this