Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

True, but he showed flashes of brilliance then it turned into a "Lets keep our head above water" situation and it was pretty much over for him. Bony is a good striker who also looked terrible in that circumstance with them.
Ayew managed to show something in that mess, though.

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
8 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:
True, but he showed flashes of brilliance then it turned into a "Lets keep our head above water" situation and it was pretty much over for him. Bony is a good striker who also looked terrible in that circumstance with them.

Ayew managed to show something in that mess, though.

Ayew is better than both of them though tbh...by a large distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Neil Warnock hits out at Chelsea and Aston Villa over "disappointing" Tammy Abraham transfer

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neil-warnock-hits-out-chelsea-2000768

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock says he does not understand Chelsea's decision to send Tammy Abraham back to the Championship with Aston Villa.

The striker lit up the division with Bristol City two years ago before making the step up to the Premier League with Swansea City last season.

Whilst the former Robin faltered in South Wales and the Swans were relegated, Abraham attracted Premier League interest this summer again, with Warnock keen to take him to the Bluebirds.

Yet no move materialised, and, on transfer deadline day, Abraham went on loan to Aston Villa, returning to the division where he first made his name with the Robins.

snip

Warnock seems to be flapping his gob a lot these days about us, not the smartest move before we play them.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Warnock seems to be flapping his gob a lot these days about us, not the smartest move before we play them.

Well we have the perfect chance to shut his gob don't we!

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock accuses Chelsea of lacking class over failed Bluebirds bid to land Tammy Abraham

Cardiff's manager reveals he tried to sign former Swansea City loanee Abraham who dropped into Championship with Aston Villa instead

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-warnock-chelsea-abraham-villa-15145389

15 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well we have the perfect chance to shut his gob don't we!

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock accuses Chelsea of lacking class over failed Bluebirds bid to land Tammy Abraham

Cardiff's manager reveals he tried to sign former Swansea City loanee Abraham who dropped into Championship with Aston Villa instead

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-warnock-chelsea-abraham-villa-15145389

I wouldn't be surprised if he is the reason why we didn't want to let him go there. Always strikes me as a clown. :clown:

51 minutes ago, manpe said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is the reason why we didn't want to let him go there. Always strikes me as a clown. :clown:

This is the extent of his tactics, his speech at the very start you'd expect in the pub between fans.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

This is the extent of his tactics, his speech at the very start you'd expect in the pub between fans.

You are right. But tho that last piece may be correct there are different ways to say it to different players. The 'fuckin' hairdryer approach doesn't work on all players obviously as they all have different characters. It may work on the loud characters but can you imagine how Eden or Kante would react to it?

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You are right. But tho that last piece may be correct there are different ways to say it to different players. The 'fuckin' hairdryer approach doesn't work on all players obviously as they all have different characters. It may work on the loud characters but can you imagine how Eden or Kante would react to it?

That's where manager skill comes in. That's what Fergie mastered, for example according to Ferdinand he would have regularly made an example of Giggs but praise Scholes to the heavens even if he had a Bakayoko vs Watford esque game, it's all about dealing with the characters in your care. Not just in sport either, for example my job is helping young adults with needs, some can take a bollocking while others would go as far as crying if i  do as little as hand out a bit of a bit of banter their way, it's my responsibility to be aware of who falls into what category just like it is with managers.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

That's where manager skill comes in. That's what Fergie mastered, for example according to Ferdinand he would have regularly made an example of Giggs but praise Scholes to the heavens even if he had a Bakayoko vs Watford esque game, it's all about dealing with the characters in your care. Not just in sport either, for example my job is helping young adults with needs, some can take a bollocking while others would go as far as crying if i  do as little as hand out a bit of a bit of banter their way, it's my responsibility to be aware of who falls into what category just like it is with managers.

Exactly right. You're a good lad.

• 1 month later...

Think he showed last season he wasn't ready for the PL but in the championship this year he's picking up after a slow start.

Maybe if he keeps going this season and brings his game on, another shot in the PL could be on the cards? Glad he didn't go Cardiff, physically his hold up play isn't all that, Warnocks teams play a lot of direct, long ball football and from what I remember Tammy was always better at running in behind. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Mana said:

Hmm...while it's nice to see him have his night...

Let's not forget that the game was played in the Championship, and only scored one goal in 10 Championship appearances before this Villa 5-5 Forest game.

We keep an eye on him, but I'd rather have 2 shite CFs instead of 3.

What? He has 10 goals...