Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the Special One belongs to the past, this team will start winning games again.

By virtue of being able to attack and defend as the game flows as opposed to tracking back incessantly and being hamstrung by relying on ONE player to unlock defences.

Play the youth, I never want to see those "professional footballers" on the holy Stamford Bridge ground ever again.

there is a silver lining to this. we are not getting european football this season.

would give us the oppurtunites to really offload some of the mercenaries in the bloody squad.

there is a silver lining to this. we are not getting european football this season.

would give us the oppurtunites to really offload some of the mercenaries in the bloody squad.

All reports point to Jose planning major changes tomorrow. Fuck's sake.

All reports point to Jose planning major changes tomorrow. Fuck's sake.

It's all well and good saying that but Jose should have made major changes ages ago but didn't, he could have given himself more of a chance if he didn't just go with same old selections. After a game like Southampton he should have was where I was resigned to the fact that he was leaving soon. He didn't seem to have a plan B and always went with the guys who were letting him down.

I'm not saying the players are blameless because clearly we do have issues with some 'bad apples', but Jose surely could have done more to nullify them and bring through some promising youngsters like RLC who has been treated appallingly by Jose, constantly promised starts and minutes only to be left out of the squad altogether. Bertrand Traore being another, brought on against Bournemouth and I am willing to bet that was enough for Jose to say 'meh not good enough, I'll keep playing Oscar/ Hazard'.

I love Jose, and what he's done for the club but this season has been an absolute disgrace and he's been a huge part of the black cloud hanging over the club. His press conferences tired me out to the point of screaming SHUT THE FUCK UP and the tv, and he just wouldn't change the formula despite everyone publicly saying what the problems were.

With that being said, I don't think there will be many changes on Sat if the current coaches take charge or if Hiddink is there, they will go for the same sort of team, maybe throwing RLC in there for some fan relief and someone to rally behind but besides that I see it being another outing for the likes of Brana, Oscar, Fabregas etc...

It's all well and good saying that but Jose should have made major changes ages ago but didn't, he could have given himself more of a chance if he didn't just go with same old selections.

He did what every manager in his position would; he stuck with his Champion team for as long as possible, tried his best to get them going again.

He did what every manager in his position would; he stuck with his Champion team for as long as possible, tried his best to get them going again.

This was a little part of the problem though. Whilst in theory it seems right, it also doesn't help the situation by playing massively under-performing players all the time, what message does that send to lads like Remy, RLC and Kenedy? Squads are there for a reason, and a lot of JM's problems came due to his stubbornness and lack of inventiveness to change, and shake things up.

Nobody can convince me that RLC would of been any worse than Fabregas/Matic or Remy worse than Costa.

I don't think we will see much of a difference regarding starting XI. It is the same for Holland taking charge of this game and for whoever takes the interim role afterwards, they will have the same pressure to deliver results as José and wont care to integrate youth as I see some people here are hoping.

A fun game to watch.

Despite all the shenanigans I will still support Chelsea no matter what.

Just hopefully we don't get relegated!

A season without cl won't be the end of the world, we will just need to do our best next season to get back. Because two seasons without cl then it starts to hurt.

Nobody can convince me that RLC would of been any worse than Fabregas/Matic or Remy worse than Costa.

But it's not just that he wouldn't have been worse, but would he have been better than them at their normal level and doesn't the manager need to get them back to that level? Matic's drop-off in form was remarkable but we needed him to get back to his best and you need to give him minutes to do that don't you?

How else does a player play their way back into form? Or do you accept that their form simply won't improve and leave them on the bench?

That's why no-one can convince you, because there are no certainties in sport. All you can do is make a judgment based on what you know. We all knew what they were capable off because we saw it last season, so you have to back them to return to that and how do you go about that? By playing surely?