Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's not just that he wouldn't have been worse, but would he have been better than them at their normal level and doesn't the manager need to get them back to that level? Matic's drop-off in form was remarkable but we needed him to get back to his best and you need to give him minutes to do that don't you?

How else does a player play their way back into form? Or do you accept that their form simply won't improve and leave them on the bench?

That's why no-one can convince you, because there are no certainties in sport. All you can do is make a judgment based on what you know. We all knew what they were capable off because we saw it last season, so you have to back them to return to that and how do you go about that? By playing surely?

true. this is exactly what jose's judgement was and this is exactly the reason he is sacked.

a player is worth investing a time only if they actually show gradual progression or any inclination to actually improve himself and try.

both cesc and costa did not, and yet jose contiued playing such under-performing players and got the sack.

true. this is exactly what jose's judgement was and this is exactly the reason he is sacked.

a player is worth investing a time only if they actually show gradual progression or any inclination to actually improve himself and try.

both cesc and costa did not, and yet jose contiued playing such under-performing players and got the sack.

In the Spain game Cesc was fantastic and he's had some bright spots this season. Costa on the other hand should have been dropped long ago.

So was the option to drop them completely and give them run-outs in the cup? Cesc was dropped a couple of times and Costa had enforced periods of time on the sidelines but we simply don't have the competition in the squad to do that.

Obviously you think differently and that's you're right but again we're talking about the failures to improve the squad in the summer and provide competition for established players. It would've been lovely to have dropped Cesc and brought in Pogba or Vidal but we didn't have that option so we're left saying we should've played Loftus-Cheek who has a lot of potential but also has a huge amount to learn.

Matic and Fabregas were the best midfielders in the league last season in my view and I think their form will eventually pick up again.

So was the option to drop them completely and give them run-outs in the cup? Cesc was dropped a couple of times and Costa had enforced periods of time on the sidelines but we simply don't have the competition in the squad to do that.

Obviously you think differently and that's you're right but again we're talking about the failures to improve the squad in the summer and provide competition for established players. It would've been lovely to have dropped Cesc and brought in Pogba or Vidal but we didn't have that option so we're left saying we should've played Loftus-Cheek who has a lot of potential but also has a huge amount to learn.

Matic and Fabregas were the best midfielders in the league last season in my view and I think their form will eventually pick up again.

costa was droppped for eden. remy was not given a chance to prove himself.

cesc was dropped against porto and that was our best performance this year.

what was the point of playing cesc against bournemouth afte the performance he put against spurs? the perfect match to start RLC and mould him into the team.

and yes, my option is for the underperformers to be dropped and players who give a shit about the like (unlike cesc and costa) to be given a chance. if their replacements are unable to provide an further improvement, then going back is an option. but not the way jose did it.

you cant do the same thing a 100 times and then expect a different result. thats not how the real world works.

when? will their form pick up? like @curlyhairlikeluiz said, he produced a masterclass for spain and then was hopelessly pitiful for us. why? did his form drop or did his motivation levels along with his desire drop? i am not sure. but just sticking the same players again and again was never going to be the solution.

costa was droppped for eden. remy was not given a chance to prove himself.

cesc was dropped against porto and that was our best performance this year.

what was the point of playing cesc against bournemouth afte the performance he put against spurs? the perfect match to start RLC and mould him into the team.

and yes, my option is for the underperformers to be dropped and players who give a shit about the like (unlike cesc and costa) to be given a chance. if their replacements are unable to provide an further improvement, then going back is an option. but not the way jose did it.

you cant do the same thing a 100 times and then expect a different result. thats not how the real world works.

when? will their form pick up? like @curlyhairlikeluiz said, he produced a masterclass for spain and then was hopelessly pitiful for us. why? did his form drop or did his motivation levels along with his desire drop? i am not sure. but just sticking the same players again and again was never going to be the solution.

See I do agree with some of what you're saying, but I don't believe we had the options in the squad to make the changes we needed to. Everyone knew both us and City needed to improve, yet they went and spent three times as much as us (net) to do what they needed to.

There seems to be an acknowledgment that we were running on fumes towards the end of last season but we didn't do the business in the summer so when players had a downturn in form, we're left to look at Loftus-Cheek to come in which is massively unfair and also overlooks a lot of his weaknesses that he needed to work on gradually in order to maximise his potential.

You also say about doing things 100 times. If we're talking about Matic, Costa and Cesc then they don't have that sample size. It's roughly half of that and in the vast majority of those appearances they were magnificent and impactful. To regain the title we needed them to get back to that level and with fitness seeming to be a factor, match time was probably key to them getting there. You can't then drop them however much you'd like to. We simply don't have the resources for that to be a realistic option.

Going to stick a sizeable wad on a CFC win.

The players will up their game -quelle surprise. :D

Not to the Porto match levels because theyre not in the CL shop window, but they will definitely raise their game

Im hoping to recoup some of my recent Chelsea losses as well

All reports point to Jose planning major changes tomorrow. Fuck's sake.

Stop the madness mate, Mourinho wasn't planing major changes. We all know what he would in this game: probably leave out 2 or 3 players that started last game, perhaps Hazard, Costa and Oscar, and replace them in his rigid and outdated 4-3-3. My is the team woud be something like: Matic, Ramires, Fabregas, Pedro, William; Remy. Nothing that we didn't see before.

Stop the madness mate, Mourinho wasn't planing major changes. We all know what he would in this game: probably leave out 2 or 3 players that started last game, perhaps Hazard, Costa and Oscar, and replace them in his rigid and outdated 4-3-3. My is the team woud be something like: Matic, Ramires, Fabregas, Pedro, William; Remy. Nothing that we didn't see before.

If I may do a Mourinho myself (remember when he predicted the Bacelona lineup?). The line-up would have been:

Costa

Hazard - Willian - Pedro

Cesc - Matic

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Ivan

Courtois

He would have subbed Zouma on for Fabregas, Ramires for Matic and Oscar for Pedro past the eighty minute mark.

Essential for supporters not to make Mourinho the main man again. Thank him, but he's gone now and like Roman said, time to move on and time for a fresh new start. Lets all unite together and stand behind our team, because whether or not you like it they are all Chelsea and we love this club.

Can't wait for the game, very exciting times to be a supporter.

Come on the Chels!

Nah, Mourinho did, he just made it look as if they had done it. He's a cunning manipulator who undermined the club.

Let's all condemn the players if they try to win. :lol:

They try to win my arse, I can't play football as good as they are, they are "World class" players they shouldn't be loosing to crap teams like Bournemouth, etc. If you think Mourinho is to blame for that, then let's put the Manager's on the pitch with the ball. I bet they would score more than the players themselves.

Look at it from this point:

- Hazard played 8 games for Belgium scored 6. Played for Chelsea: 14 (approx) and how many goals?

- Diego Costa played 26 games scored 20 in 2014. Played 12 (approx) scored 3....!!

It's pathetic!!