Bernardo Silva

16 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Is this guy really the answer to our attacking problems? Every time I've watched him he's been decent at best. He doesn't score enough either. Would rather spend 70m elsewhere.

Where exactly? Bernardo is a terrific player, and all things considered he played well today, people need to stop with this penny pinching, people used to saythe same about Dybala and now everybody drowls at the thought of him, Mônaco had 30% possesion, he worked pretty hard off the ball and won a few tackles. If Mbappe hadnt scored people would bem calling him overrated, so many kneejerk reactions

3 hours ago, lucashm said:

Where exactly? Bernardo is a terrific player, and all things considered he played well today, people need to stop with this penny pinching, people used to saythe same about Dybala and now everybody drowls at the thought of him, Mônaco had 30% possesion, he worked pretty hard off the ball and won a few tackles. If Mbappe hadnt scored people would bem calling him overrated, so many kneejerk reactions

Where you ask? What about taking a punt on the player of last season who scored 17 goals, had 11 assists and will come cheaply after his side is relegated? I read somewhere that Dahoud is available for 8m Euros, what about him? Why don't we buy some quality wing backs - Fabinho, Ghoulam, Rodriguez, etc.? We could get all of this for the price being quoted for Silva.

1 hour ago, Chelsea? said:

Bernandos performance is in line with what Hazard would have. It's not rare for top players to play like what Bernando did today. Stop pretending top players always have blinders in big games 

Actually, Hazard scores against the big teams so poor comparison.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Great players aren't always quantified in goals.

No, they're not, but we need a powerful goal-scoring winger to complement Hazard, not just a shitter version of him.

15 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Where you ask? What about taking a punt on the player of last season who scored 17 goals, had 11 assists and will come cheaply after his side is relegated? I read somewhere that Dahoud is available for 8m Euros, what about him? Why don't we buy some quality wing backs - Fabinho, Ghoulam, Rodriguez, etc.? We could get all of this for the price being quoted for Silva.

No, they're not, but we need a powerful goal-scoring winger to complement Hazard, not just a shitter version of him.

No always though. I mean compare Hazards Tottenham performances to Bernando today, very similar. Add the fact that Hazard is the best player in the league and we're only asking Bernando to be out 3/4th best, I'd go for him

i do agree with you on the fact that we need a goal scorer on the RW though. Just gotta find that creative guy in the CM. 

43 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Lol yeah right, Hazard has had MANY poor games against top opposition, where was he against Liverpool? Bernardo's performance today was Messi like in comparison. Lets stop pretending he always shows up against big teams, also, Bernardo's game has nothing to do with Hazard, except for the fact that they are both good dribblers. Also, you say you want Mahrez, he is 25 years old and only had 1 good season on his whole carreer and has been shocking and lazy this season according to many Leicester fans. Also, buying Bernardo does NOT exclude us buying a WB ir even Dahoud as you say. We received 80M euros for Oscar, that alone already pays the alegged Bernardo's fee, If we feel that Silva is the player to take us  forward, and take into account that he is 22 years old then he is worth every single penny of the 80 M.

He was decent, performed a couple of nice moves, but I noticed he is quite lightweight. Not sure as I haven't seen him enough, but against City he was pushed aside too easily a couple of times. Nevertheless potential for greater things is definitely there.

10 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Perfect player for Arsenal or Spurs allong with his team mates. Major bottlers.

Not Bernardo's fault, Monaco bottled it during set-pieces and because of a bad keeper. And nothing is over, 2-0 is enough for Monaco to progress, I expect them to absolutely go for it at home. Don't forget City are maybe the biggest bottlers in Europe, hopefully they choke big time.

People have to take my comment about him being perfect for Spurs or Arsenal because Monaco bottled a 2-3 lead with a grain of salt.

He would be perfect for us but I think he'll move to one of the two La Liga giants as Jorge Mendes is his agent.

Look at our ex-summer target Andre Gomes at Barcelona. How well he's doing and how much he's playing. These youngsters shouldn't move to these two clubs where they got the likes of Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale in front of them. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Not Bernardo's fault, Monaco bottled it during set-pieces and because of a bad keeper. And nothing is over, 2-0 is enough for Monaco to progress, I expect them to absolutely go for it at home. Don't forget City are maybe the biggest bottlers in Europe, hopefully they choke big time.

Hopefully they don't. It's better for us if they go through. :-) 

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hopefully they don't. It's better for us if they go through. :-) 

I don't think about that, I have a simple thought process. It's not a competition we're in, Monaco is a great sympathetic team and I don't like Shitty, so I hope they get knocked the f out and stay as far away from winning the CL as possible.

23 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I have a feeling the only one Monaco player Chelsea will buy/Conte wants is Bakayoko. 

Get the fingers crossed and hope for psg not showing interest for him cause he said the other day he would find it hard to turn down psg 

39 minutes ago, the wes said:

Get the fingers crossed and hope for psg not showing interest for him cause he said the other day he would find it hard to turn down psg 

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign not even one Monaco player and end up with Candreva or Perisic. 

59 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

U beat me to it lol

Man Utd have first option to buy Monaco midfielder Bernardo Silva, says Le 10 Sport.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You