Bernardo Silva

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Will be intersting watching it now we are linked with a couple of their players.

When Leicester were starting to do good last season, I did watch some games of them and was amazed by Kanté...and now he's one of us.

Same goes with Costa a few years ago when he was at Atletico. That's what's so "funny" about this world. Sometimes you watch a match, and you watch some players closely and then they end up at your favorite team.

I certainly hope Bernardo ends up at Chelsea. Perfect, PERFECT guy to play on the right or even as attacking midfielder. Might finally be the RW/M we need after all these years. Never got a good replacement for Robben although Bernardo is a different player.

5 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

When Leicester were starting to do good last season, I did watch some games of them and was amazed by Kanté...and now he's one of us.

Same goes with Costa a few years ago when he was at Atletico. That's what's so "funny" about this world. Sometimes you watch a match, and you watch some players closely and then they end up at your favorite team.

I certainly hope Bernardo ends up at Chelsea. Perfect, PERFECT guy to play on the right or even as attacking midfielder. Might finally be the RW/M we need after all these years. Never got a good replacement for Robben although Bernardo is a different player.

I try to do the same if we get linked with an interesting player I dont know.

I know Pedros been on form and I like his outside runs taking defenders with him and Willians served us proud but some more power and creativity up on RW is what we have needed since Eden joined. Give him some freedom to swap round with Eden/Diego and defenders wont know who to watch.

I remember that our French scout Guy Hillier is it? He was told to watch Monacao but I thought it was Bokayoko and Sidibé he was watching, then Conte and Emenalo went over just before Xmas that made us all think someone would be signed.

But both 22 so alot of dosh for such a young age. Must be good now so will have amazing potential and value only rise!! (touch wood)

OK guys, so now the times os following up with their story saying that after our first inquiry, we are actually going to make our first offer, 70M pounds is the value quoted, this is moving faster than i thought. Just remember who started the Bernardo Silva love affair If he ends IP here lads! Lol! Fingers crossed.

52 minutes ago, lucashm said:

OK guys, so now the times os following up with their story saying that after our first inquiry, we are actually going to make our first offer, 70M pounds is the value quoted, this is moving faster than i thought. Just remember who started the Bernardo Silva love affair If he ends IP here lads! Lol! Fingers crossed.

Haha good to have fellow Bernardo Silva aficionado here. I jumped on a bandwagon just this season but there's still plenty of space here.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Raid Monaco for Silva + Bakayoko and that's a good bit of our business in the summer done. 

Looks like those two will be our main targets for the summer, and well, If things progress fast, maybe we could even anounce a deal for Silva before the summer, that would be amazing.

The youtube compilations make this guy look like a good player, but not as special as a lot of you guys are feeling about him. Since i trust you way more than youtube, could somebody summarize for me what he brings to the game, that makes him worth >70 mil ?

What I've seen from him is that he can dribble well, and he's not as good as Hazard at controlling the ball, but is similar in other ways generally, just not to the same standard. He screams to me of a player who'll turn out rather damn average all things considered. There's been plenty of wingers to 'bless' Valencia FC over the years, all of whom were good going forward and at dribbling, and I feel like this guy is another one of them, who should rightly be confined to fighting for a space in Europe via La Liga. He does one thing very well, which is go forward with some pace and tricks. But so do many players, and they'd all fail here for not offering enough outside of flair.

Comparing the prices of both, regardless of age, I'd take Sanchez over him in a heartbeat. Far more all-rounded, refined, etc. This is a guy who doesn't elevate an already top-team to a new level, he just adds some more flair and excitement. I want to go to the next level.

Currently, he's around Salah's level, and while I'd welcome him back, he is not near the sort of player required to take this team up a notch. We need to start in the midfield, with how we partner Kante up & with whom. Then, if we do splash on a forward, at least one with a defensive side coupled to an already unmatched attacking output, someone who doesn't need any time to become better, which is where Sanchez is perfect.

New thought* - His level, and what he'd be great for us as, is Hazard's substitute. Not the player on the other flank, he simply wouldn't offer balance. But as the real top teams like Bayern, Barcelona & Madrid do, put the top class prospect every club is interested in on the bench, and make him fight for his place. We must be the only top team that allow Ligue 1 players to walk into our starting XI. Well there's no need; it's a big step up, from Monaco to Chelsea, so a player should be humble and understand their most crucial role will come in the future, not now; but we throw that away if we give starting spots to players before the team is truly tailored for what they have to offer.

This would be like trying to fit a cubed block into a rectangle hole; almost right, but not quite.

Altough I have to say that I don´t really know him, its good to read that we are searching after alternatives for our RW spot. I like Willian, but I feel in his four years at the club he didn´t show much of improvement. We as a club want to take the next step, which means to compete for the CL again, so we need the right players to achieve that and I think Willian isn´t good enough to win us games against the likes of PSG, Real, Bayern. As I said he is a tidy player, but his lack of end product is holding us back big time.

Bernardo Silva, whom I haven´t watched much, seems like a real prospect. I hope he can develop his decisiveness, because we really need more players who score goals on a regular basis. In the Premier League our top scorers are Costa and Hazard with 15 and 10 goals, but then there are only 2 more players who scored more than 4 goals. Years ago we used to have many different goalscorers in our team, I hope we can build up something similar again, because we would be much more unpredictable to play against.

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

What I've seen from him is that he can dribble well, and he's not as good as Hazard at controlling the ball, but is similar in other ways generally, just not to the same standard. He screams to me of a player who'll turn out rather damn average all things considered. There's been plenty of wingers to 'bless' Valencia FC over the years, all of whom were good going forward and at dribbling, and I feel like this guy is another one of them, who should rightly be confined to fighting for a space in Europe via La Liga. He does one thing very well, which is go forward with some pace and tricks. But so do many players, and they'd all fail here for not offering enough outisde of the flair.

Comparing the prices of both, regardless of age, I'd take Sanchez over him in a heartbeat. Far more all-rounded, refined, etc. This is a guy who doesn't elevate an already top-team to a new level, he just adds some more flair and excitement. I want to go to the next level.

Currently, he's around Salah's level, and while I'd welcome him back, he is not near the sort of player required to take this team up a notch. We need to start in the midfield, with how we partner Kante up & with whom. Then, if we do splash on a forward, at least one with a defensive side coupled to an already unmatched attacking output, someone who doesn't need any time to become better, which is where Sanchez is perfect.

You are underrating Bernardo MASSIVELY, this season he has been the best player in ligue 1 a league that has most posters wet dream of a player Verratti, and he is much more than just a dribbler, he is a terrific playmaker,he has an unbelievable work rate, and although his stats are not as big as they could be his impact goes far beyond goals and assists, the people underrating him now are the people that would be crying for him If he joins another team, same thing that happened to Dybala. Bernardo is worth every penny of the 80M we are reportedly willing to pay

13 minutes ago, Artandur said:

The youtube compilations make this guy look like a good player, but not as special as a lot of you guys are feeling about him. Since i trust you way more than youtube, could somebody summarize for me what he brings to the game, that makes him worth >70 mil ?

Great workratr, terrific dribbling and playmaking ability, reasonable goal threat , basically everything we could possibly want from a winger

14 minutes ago, Leif said:

What I've seen from him is that he can dribble well, and he's not as good as Hazard at controlling the ball, but is similar in other ways generally, just not to the same standard. He screams to me of a player who'll turn out rather damn average all things considered. There's been plenty of wingers to 'bless' Valencia FC over the years, all of whom were good going forward and at dribbling, and I feel like this guy is another one of them, who should rightly be confined to fighting for a space in Europe via La Liga. He does one thing very well, which is go forward with some pace and tricks. But so do many players, and they'd all fail here for not offering enough outisde of the flair.

Lets be realistic here, the chances of Arsenal selling us Sanchez are slim tô say the least, people can point towards the RVP deal, but things have changed alot since then, and Arsenal would probably rather lose him for free than selling him to us.

Also you are selling Bernardo terribly Short,i mean,Salah's level, are you kidding me? Salah was nothing more than a kick and chase It kind of player, Bernardo is much more than just GO at pace with tricks, and by your comment i will take that you havent watched him at all. And even If you watch his YouTube compilation you can see that while he is reasonably pacey and has good dribbling ability he has a terrific football IQ and playmaking ability, so he could solve two problems at once, our RW "problem" and our playmaking problem, which is a big concern when Fabregas is not playing

If I had to pick between Sanchez or Silva it would be Silva but the only reason is cause Silva younger and has great potential to be one of the best but if you were to judge both players on performance this season Sanchez has had better season than silva 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

If I had to pick between Sanchez or Silva it would be Silva but the only reason is cause Silva younger and has great potential to be one of the best but if you were to judge both players on performance this season Sanchez has had better season than silva 

People often forget that Sanchez is 29 years old, he has 2-3 years at the top of his game, because he relies alot on his physical atributes

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You