Bernardo Silva

Eh, I agree with the wes above. 

The thing that separates a lot of the best footballers these days is physical traits on top of skills. Silva just doesn't have it, nor do I think he will have it. He isn't fast, strong, or hard to push off the ball. Hazard had all of this coming to Chelsea, and it simply took him a little bit of time to put it together. With someone like Mbappe for example. He has the physical tools as well as the skills to go on top. 

I don't think if we miss out on him it will be the end of the world. 

7 hours ago, Georgy said:

Pretty much what LAM09 said. As far as last one being Alonso who I think dragged over a month. I remember reading we want him ages ago and we weren't even linked to another LB. When was the last time we got rumored about signing someone and in less than a day confirmation excluding last day transfers? I think last one from memory, done relatively fast was Cesc.

David Luiz was done pretty quickly.  Willian and Pedro too, but both of those were pseudo hijack moves.

But, I agree, the last 2 summers have been mostly long drawn out target chasing.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

David Luiz was done pretty quickly.  Willian and Pedro too, but both of those were pseudo hijack moves.

But, I agree, the last 2 summers have been mostly long drawn out target chasing.

Stones and Koulibaly sagas were ridiculous yeah 

hope we avoid those scenarios this summer 

It's incredibly annoying. Not that City bought a very good player but because they bought the player Chelsea should buy. As it always is, our RW spot is priority number 1 but now even more so because of the lack of bodies, Chelsea have 3 players to play attacking midfielder, 3 (!!!), Hazard, Pedro and Willian, so yeah in normal circumstances we are going to buy another and now we have one less option. Maybe there's Alexis available but it's doubtful that he'll join us and then what, James Rodriguez ? I think he's the one capable and I'd be very glad with his transfer but there's major question mark if he's the right fit for Conte. I really don't have many more ideas, Ousmane Dembele but there're hardly any links. Another failed right winger in post-Kalou era to be tried and binned ? It's looming upon us. Post title implosion, resting on laurels, failed summer ? It's possible.

And I'm pretty sure I read how hard it'd be to prize away major Monaco players. Well. We should bring one out of Bakayoko, Lemar, Sidibe, Mendy before July.

Conte is for now happy with cooperation with the club. But I can see the same thing unfolding as in every post title summer. We have such an unexpected strong position now to do business and fix most of our issues but with this club it's a worrying thing. Though Conte said that Chelsea have to find stability at the top which should mean strengthening and considerably. I hope that's what he is promised with the new contract.

14 hours ago, Thor said:

Eh, I agree with the wes above. 

The thing that separates a lot of the best footballers these days is physical traits on top of skills. Silva just doesn't have it, nor do I think he will have it. He isn't fast, strong, or hard to push off the ball. Hazard had all of this coming to Chelsea, and it simply took him a little bit of time to put it together. With someone like Mbappe for example. He has the physical tools as well as the skills to go on top. 

I don't think if we miss out on him it will be the end of the world. 

Mbappe seems like the one (attacker) to miss, not B. Silva.

If this were Chelsea buying a small body attacking MF BEFORE addressing the def. line and CM and WB areas, I would be pissed. Funny though, ManCity weren't strong at the back this year.

Let's have a laugh.

I think we have the better manager too.

6 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Mbappe seems like the one (attacker) to miss, not B. Silva.

If this were Chelsea buying a small body attacking MF BEFORE addressing the def. line and CM and WB areas, I would be pissed. Funny though, ManCity weren't strong at the back this year.

Let's have a laugh.

I think we have the better manager too.

Doesn't surprise me. Pep's proven time and time again that defense isn't his priority. If you're holding the ball for 90 minutes, there's no need for a real defensive line. 

3 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Doesn't surprise me. Pep's proven time and time again that defense isn't his priority. If you're holding the ball for 90 minutes, there's no need for a real defensive line. 

Yeah, he's going to try it in the PL. Let's see how that goes. Not saying it can't be done, but I doubt it will work out for him without better defenders and depth in CM. Hope they fuck it all up.

• 1 year later...

In hindsight it could be said that oh boy did we fuck this up. This kid is quickly becoming a superstar. He has everything in his game to become one of the best players in the Premier League.

Are there any young players out there that are similar to him in terms of technique, vision, workrate etc? To me it seems that player like Bernardo Silva would fit our team perfectly

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

In hindsight it could be said that oh boy did we fuck this up. This kid is quickly becoming a superstar. He has everything in his game to become one of the best players in the Premier League.

Are there any young players out there that are similar to him in terms of technique, vision, workrate etc? To me it seems that player like Bernardo Silva would fit our team perfectly

Agreed, some player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You