Bernardo Silva

1 hour ago, lucashm said:

We look absolutely clueless without Hazard, and yet, people are against signing Silva, because we have Pedro and Willian. FFS.

Since you say this after the Stoke game, IMO Silva wouldnt be much of help today either. He would get bullied out of the game and refs being shit and all, wouldnt protect him either. Hell Ruben who I dont talk very highly of, had more of impact today. 

If it was any other game, who knows Pedro and Willian might do their job just fine.

I think no one would say no to Silva, its just that some prefer different type, perhaps one who can score more. But we definately need an improvement.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Since you say this after the Stoke game, IMO Silva wouldnt be much of help today either. He would get bullied out of the game and refs being shit and all, wouldnt protect him either. Hell Ruben who I dont talk very highly of, had more of impact today. 

If it was any other game, who knows Pedro and Willian might do their job just fine.

I think no one would say no to Silva, its just that some prefer different type, perhaps one who can score more. But we definately need an improvement.

honestly, i disagree with this, there were several ocasions today, where Pedro and Willian found themselves in good situatios ( like that lucky bounce that set Pedro through on goal, only for him to be disposessed one on one) only to screw it up. A player of higher quality would have made something out of it, Bernardo would have probably beat his man and have a shot on goal, or a cross on that situation. Its these moments that really make a difference during the game, and honestly, only Hazard on our team can make the most of it on most situations.

Also, this physicality thing is severely overrated, David Silva, Sterling, countless other frail players have prospered on the PL, if you are good enough, your quality will shine through. This myth needs to end.

41 minutes ago, lucashm said:

honestly, i disagree with this, there were several ocasions today, where Pedro and Willian found themselves in good situatios ( like that lucky bounce that set Pedro through on goal, only for him to be disposessed one on one) only to screw it up. A player of higher quality would have made something out of it, Bernardo would have probably beat his man and have a shot on goal, or a cross on that situation. Its these moments that really make a difference during the game, and honestly, only Hazard on our team can make the most of it on most situations.

Also, this physicality thing is severely overrated, David Silva, Sterling, countless other frail players have prospered on the PL, if you are good enough, your quality will shine through. This myth needs to end.

You mix fragile with small. Kante, Sterling, Eden, Coutinho, Shaqiri,...neither is big but they are quite strong and balanced players. 

Then you have Matas and finaly Cuadrados...

But they can hardly push through defenders, can they? 

However the point again isnt in Silva that he is tiny and not capable to handle PL, but rather his style of play which is similar to Eden and I prefer we target Bale, Robben, Sanchez type of player. Direct with good finish. 

And Silva is exceptional player, but you are making him next Messi. He is good, but a long way to reach Eden, Neymar etc. 

3 hours ago, lucashm said:

We look absolutely clueless without Hazard, and yet, people are against signing Silva, because we have Pedro and Willian. FFS.

Most teams look clueless away at Stoke. The place is a ridiculously tough place to get a result, let alone play well. I don't think even silva would have been able to do much. What we need is a goalscoring midfielder like Lamps who will take shots from outside the box. 

Edited by It's too big

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

You mix fragile with small.

Lampard, Beckham, C.Ronaldo, Henry and Gerrard. These PL players made into top three in Ballon D'or competition in last 20 years. People always talk about David Silva forgetting these players and what they have accomplished. Size, strength and balance matters in England.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You mix fragile with small. Kante, Sterling, Eden, Coutinho, Shaqiri,...neither is big but they are quite strong and balanced players. 

Then you have Matas and finaly Cuadrados...

But they can hardly push through defenders, can they? 

However the point again isnt in Silva that he is tiny and not capable to handle PL, but rather his style of play which is similar to Eden and I prefer we target Bale, Robben, Sanchez type of player. Direct with good finish. 

And Silva is exceptional player, but you are making him next Messi. He is good, but a long way to reach Eden, Neymar etc. 

lol, i may be advocating too much for him, but its because our RW has been bothering me for so long its driving me mad! Its genuinely the first time i´ve been this excited about a possible transfer, because finally i found a player that is young, already at a level where he is ready to contribute right away to our team, has an insane amount of skill,PLENTY of room to grow AND is actually available on the market.

All these things combined makes me wonder how is it possible that anyone can think that there is a better alternative out there. Think about it, who could we realistically sign, that could come in, become an instant starter and stay there for possibly the next ten years? I love Sanchez, but i really dont think that Arsenal will sell him to a rival, and he is already 28/9, for the fee that he would cost( assuming that Arsenal would sell him to us) plus the wages, and i dont see how he would be a better choice for us, even though he would arguably "fit" here more due to his goal scoring prowess ( which werent really as good playing on the RW as he probably would here).

Eden's performances at Lille were equal with but not better than Silva's current performances IMO. Only difference being, Silva's had more chances to prove he can do it outside of France, and taken every chance well. To not acquire him would be sad. Though personally I wouldn't play him on the right wing every single game. I'd have him share that right wing with another player, and then on other days, allow Hazard a rest and play on the left. He shouldn't be an automatic solid starter; that mentality has made too many players of ours adopt a lax mentality.

6 hours ago, Artandur said:

would a possible bakayoko transfer make this one more or less likely? what do you guys think ? 

Why would it? We bought two( three if you count Courtois) players from Atletico in 2014.

Besides, the reports linking us to Monaco players were claiming that we were planning on buying 3 Monaco players( Sidibé, Bakayoko and more recently Bernardo), so if anything this gives those reports more credibility.

All we can do is hope it happens unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Chelsea FC doesn't need another Juan Mata if we're going to become respectable CL team again.

He is nothing like Mata, thats a lazy comparison.

His work rate is immense, his driblling is 10x better than Mata´s, he is ALOT faster than Mata, and his passing is just as good as his, the only area that Mata is better than Bernardo is finishing, but Silva is no poor finisher either. Plus he is 22

23 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Can I ask you since when you are such big Bernardo fan? 

I started to pay attention to him 2 seasons ago. When i watch him play, im just in awe with how skillfull he is, the things he does with the ball, his ability in tight spaces is remarkable, and dare i say, messi like. He was very raw during his first season at Monaco, but the talent was clearly there, which is why Monaco paid 18M to Benfica for a player that didnt even kicked a ball for them,but he is improving, and FAST, the difference between his first season and this one is nothing short of remarkable. Us not getting him, would be a similar scenario that happened with Dybala, people called him a one season wonder, and that he wasnt "worth the price", and now people are willing to pay 100M for him, Bernardo will be the same, i can guarantee that he will be among the best players in the world in a few years, if he isnt already, because this season he has been the best player in a league that has players like Verratti, Di maria and Cavani. Signing Sanchez( we can try all we want, Arsenal wont sell him to us, of that i am certain) who will be 29 at the start of next season  and ignoring Bernardo would be stupidity  IMO, even though Sanchez is the better player right now.

We won the CL with Mata playing an important part in every game, including the final. Why is Mata suddenly considered a bad player? Don't people remember what the little wizard did for us?

He was our only creative spark in a broken, overaged team.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You