Bernardo Silva

I can't imagine what some people were thinking before we signed Kante. Probably that we should've signed N'Zonzi instead for his physical presence or something, as if stamina, pace and agility aren't all aspects of physical presence, which both Kante & Silva have in droves more than their peers.

Been saying it for ages, a lot from that's Monaco team would start here. French league/talent in general is so full of talent. It'd be stupid to miss out. Found this on twitter the other day, talent depth is ridiculous: 

IMG_0145.JPG

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Been saying it for ages, a lot from that's Monaco team would start here. French league/talent in general is so full of talent. It'd be stupid to miss out. Found this on twitter the other day, talent depth is ridiculous: 

IMG_0145.JPG

Yet they didn't win the EURO 2016.

But yeah...France got some players.

Silva has said that he would like to play in England or Spain.

" Its good to see your name linked with big clubs. One day, i wanna play in Spain or in England, at one of the best leagues in the world. But for now i am very happy at Monaco"

100% leaving Monaco this summer, i love Pedro, but we would be absolute retards to let him join another club.

5 hours ago, Leif said:

Okay. Well, there's more than one way to skin a cat. City are hot on our tail, with a 5'7 winger and a 5'9 one, while we're debating 2 players here being 5'8 & apparently not big enough for the PL. Liverpool's wingers are 5'7 & 5'9. Then we've got United who've turned on the heat in the league via Mata, a 5'6 player on the wing. In terms of teams who're doing better than everyone else in the Champions League this season, the dilapidated and Pep-less Barcelona line up with a 5'7 & 5'9 winger. Atletico's wingers are 5'8. Bayern deploy 5'7 Ribery on one side & 5'7 Douglas Costa on the other. 

And what's given you the impression Bernardo Silva can't last a whole season in high intensity? And why on earth would we need Lampards and Essiens when we're talking about wingers, and already have the likes of Matic/Kante/Alonso and engines all over? 

Sounds like you want us to be Stoke, and that you think only Stokes can win the league now. It seems you'd rather flat-track physically bully teams to a title than enjoy the beautiful game being played how it's supposed to be played, with feet. That's just sad. We'd be the only top team latching onto that insane anti-football mentality.

You are missing my point. Its not about height. Lemar is not big either and I would take him in second. Besides Bayern first choice is Robben, not Costa. Sane from city is 6'0.

Also, I said to look at premier league, since we dont play in spain. Barca can play with 4'0 players for all I care. They dont play in england which sets different standards. 

And you talk of Mata? Come on, he is good little player, but not good enough for big team because of his poor off the ball contribution.

I hope that Kante dig wasnt pointed at me, because then you are missing the point. 

We play already with Kante who I love. To a point I prefer him over 95% midfielders out there. But we cant play with another small guy next to him. 

If we didnt have Eden, I would kill to have Silva. But since we already have similar player, I would prefer different TYPE. Nothing to do with height. Sanchez aint tall. Neither is Lamar. Both seem to fit here much more than Silva. 

And come on with Stoke. We never played fancy football. We were always a very very rich version of stoke with much better quality players. Much better. But during past 10 years, we were parking buses left and right and only attacked when we needed goals. And under Ancelotti. 

Im not sure why you follow Chelsea then if you are so desperate for beautiful football, because we didnt play it since Mou came. Well definition of beautiful is hard to say, I think we play beautiful because we fought till end, we were effificent etc. But beautiful on eye as you want it, no we didnt. 

And btw, I dont want tall players who can only hoof the ball and tackle. Again you are missing the point big time. Monaco has two defending mids in middle, two powerful fullbacks, and they play absolutely beautiful. You dont need Veratti for that. And their Silva is our Hazard if you want. 

Take a look where was golden era of english football and what happend once we tried to play barca style. City arsenal underachieved in europe. Arsenal even in prem. You talk of Liverpool. Yes they are doing fucking great job, good example...

Just because I would take Lemar, Sanchez, Vidal, Bakayoko etc over Silva, Verratti (who is one of my fav non chelsea players, just think other type suits us better), doesnt mean I want to play hoof and pray football. 

But for your info, we can have 5 Verrattis and 5 Silvas, when we play Bayern, Real, Barca, you can bet we will park the bus 9 times out of 10. Its Chelsea DNA.

And we already are only top team latchin on that "anti football" mentality for quite a while. And guess what. We are fucking great at that. I love watching the club for 10 years and I love how we do it the old fashion way when all the rest of world hates us and we prove them wrong. 

You got Paris and City and Arsenal who try to be nice. Ask any neutral fan what they think of them? Overrated fancy players who do fuck all when it counts. Only Chelsea gives a little bit of fear these days to any of other big teams fans. 

Only successful teams that play fancy football are Real, Barca and Bayern. Bayern had great generation of players, now they have top talents from their own league, chelsea cant get top talents from Prem because prem doesnt have any top talents we could buy. As for real and barca, you are a fool if you think we can beat them at their game. They got more money, more fame and alot more experience playing nice attacking football. 

Ffs when will people accept we are Chelsea and we play the way we play? Yes fancy football is attractive as long its not tiki taka, but the club is not build for that. 

And if right now I had chance to pick either barca style or our 2005 style for next 10 years, I prefer the later anytime. 

The reason I supported Chelsea was because I loved english football and lets stick to it. We are losing the identity already with as little english players we have. Spanish diving cunts can stay where they are.

Seriously, some of you would sell all the honour just so you can get Neymar and watch his diving shit left and right.

2 hours ago, lucashm said:

Silva has said that he would like to play in England or Spain.

" Its good to see your name linked with big clubs. One day, i wanna play in Spain or in England, at one of the best leagues in the world. But for now i am very happy at Monaco"

100% leaving Monaco this summer, i love Pedro, but we would be absolute retards to let him join another club.

Barcelona don't need him, neither do Real. Man Utd maybe, Man City maybe, Us definitely! 

I understand @BlueLyon's concerns on Bernardo being too much of another Hazard but I think it might work. I see Conte is trying to change Hazard into more of a pure forward these days. If we could rely on Eden to get us 20/25 a season in all comps which he should be able to, a 15 goal contribution from Silva would be fine. Huge question is if we can get Eden to actually do this. 

I really dont get this concern of having another Hazard, why wouldnt we want another player as dangerous as Eden? Its not all about goals and assists, sometimes having a really dangerous player would actually open up more space for other players, such as Hazard, giving him more chances to score, Bernardo would tive our attack a whole different dimension, neither he or Eden would be triple marked, because doing so, would give alot of space to another insanely dangerous player, Neither Pedro nor Willian, for all their qualities, offer that.

13 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Really impressed me against Man City x2. would slot nicely into our Right wing for 343 or top of a 352 midfield. Gives us another hazard on the other side and also a backup creative force if hazard does move on eventually. Would be absolutely thrilled to sign him in the summer. Wizard on the ball. I am not worried about the height at all, to not sign an attacking player with his skill level cause he is a couple inches shorter than someone deems essential is ludicrous in my mind. 

Thing is we don't need another Hazard on the field. We need a better version of Pedro. 

Just read a report about how we want Lukaku and Morata to play a 352. This would make a lot of sense to me. Maybe Belotti over Lukaku though. 

Keep Cesc and Rotate between him and Eden for the #10 role. 

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You are missing my point. Its not about height. Lemar is not big either and I would take him in second. Besides Bayern first choice is Robben, not Costa. Sane from city is 6'0.

Also, I said to look at premier league, since we dont play in spain. Barca can play with 4'0 players for all I care. They dont play in england which sets different standards. 

And you talk of Mata? Come on, he is good little player, but not good enough for big team because of his poor off the ball contribution.

I hope that Kante dig wasnt pointed at me, because then you are missing the point. 

We play already with Kante who I love. To a point I prefer him over 95% midfielders out there. But we cant play with another small guy next to him. 

If we didnt have Eden, I would kill to have Silva. But since we already have similar player, I would prefer different TYPE. Nothing to do with height. Sanchez aint tall. Neither is Lamar. Both seem to fit here much more than Silva. 

And come on with Stoke. We never played fancy football. We were always a very very rich version of stoke with much better quality players. Much better. But during past 10 years, we were parking buses left and right and only attacked when we needed goals. And under Ancelotti. 

Im not sure why you follow Chelsea then if you are so desperate for beautiful football, because we didnt play it since Mou came. Well definition of beautiful is hard to say, I think we play beautiful because we fought till end, we were effificent etc. But beautiful on eye as you want it, no we didnt. 

And btw, I dont want tall players who can only hoof the ball and tackle. Again you are missing the point big time. Monaco has two defending mids in middle, two powerful fullbacks, and they play absolutely beautiful. You dont need Veratti for that. And their Silva is our Hazard if you want. 

Take a look where was golden era of english football and what happend once we tried to play barca style. City arsenal underachieved in europe. Arsenal even in prem. You talk of Liverpool. Yes they are doing fucking great job, good example...

Just because I would take Lemar, Sanchez, Vidal, Bakayoko etc over Silva, Verratti (who is one of my fav non chelsea players, just think other type suits us better), doesnt mean I want to play hoof and pray football. 

But for your info, we can have 5 Verrattis and 5 Silvas, when we play Bayern, Real, Barca, you can bet we will park the bus 9 times out of 10. Its Chelsea DNA.

And we already are only top team latchin on that "anti football" mentality for quite a while. And guess what. We are fucking great at that. I love watching the club for 10 years and I love how we do it the old fashion way when all the rest of world hates us and we prove them wrong. 

You got Paris and City and Arsenal who try to be nice. Ask any neutral fan what they think of them? Overrated fancy players who do fuck all when it counts. Only Chelsea gives a little bit of fear these days to any of other big teams fans. 

Only successful teams that play fancy football are Real, Barca and Bayern. Bayern had great generation of players, now they have top talents from their own league, chelsea cant get top talents from Prem because prem doesnt have any top talents we could buy. As for real and barca, you are a fool if you think we can beat them at their game. They got more money, more fame and alot more experience playing nice attacking football. 

Ffs when will people accept we are Chelsea and we play the way we play? Yes fancy football is attractive as long its not tiki taka, but the club is not build for that. 

And if right now I had chance to pick either barca style or our 2005 style for next 10 years, I prefer the later anytime. 

The reason I supported Chelsea was because I loved english football and lets stick to it. We are losing the identity already with as little english players we have. Spanish diving cunts can stay where they are.

Seriously, some of you would sell all the honour just so you can get Neymar and watch his diving shit left and right.

No need for the Spanish cunts comment. I would like more English players on Chelsea but unfortunately not too many are good enough at the time. 

Kane, Walker are unavailable to us. Barkley might be on his way. And we have Cahill who will at the very least be a rotational player next year. 

Our identity right now is something every Chelsea fan can get behind. We all feel for tiki taka but thankfully that phase is over. 

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Completely agree, I don't want us to copy Barca or Real. I want us to play with less skill but more power and speed.

But I also don't want us to play two defending mids in middle, it works with Monaco  because they played Manchester city and we all know how Guardiola like to play. Against most team, we need a more attacking option, basically in a perfect world we need a tall box to box player who can defend. Dembele is probably the best option on top of my head but Levy will never sell anything to us

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Completely agree, I don't want us to copy Barca or Real. I want us to play with less skill but more power and speed.

But I also don't want us to play two defending mids in middle, it works with Monaco  because they played Manchester city and we all know how Guardiola like to play. Against most team, we need a more attacking option, basically in a perfect world we need a tall box to box player who can defend. Dembele is probably the best option on top of my head but Levy will never sell anything to us

I love our current identity. Just need someone in Matic's spot with better passing. 

4 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

No need for the Spanish cunts comment. I would like more English players on Chelsea but unfortunately not too many are good enough at the time. 

Kane, Walker are unavailable to us. Barkley might be on his way. And we have Cahill who will at the very least be a rotational player next year. 

Our identity right now is something every Chelsea fan can get behind. We all feel for tiki taka but thankfully that phase is over. 

True, I meant that we shouldnt change our identity to fit attractive football, because current one is what we are. But yeah while there are no english players out there we could get, it feels bit empty now that Lamps, Terry, Cole arent important players anymore. As for spaniards, I see their antics in every game. Real, Barca, doesnt matter. Pepe, Marcelo, Busquets, Neymar, Suarez,...they ruin the games with their acts.

4 hours ago, communicate said:

What do you mean it works against City? They scored over 120 goals this season. And most games, they played Fabinho and Bakayoko. Bakayoko will most probably turn into what Yaya was. He is unbelievable dribbler for a CDM, very good at getting the ball back and not a holding midfileder, but a b2b. IMO Kante and Baka would complement each other perfectly. However his passing is a bit shit I agree. But it can improve. And please dont judge Bakayoko on his games against City, it was clear he had restricted role, in most games his runs with ball are fantastic. But in most games, his passing is nothing special either. Its literaly his only weakness atm. For example in both Spurs games he was a beast.

On another note, having creator next to Kante ala Verratti, Dahoud etc who are not tacticaly good enough and wont simply stay infront of our defense, Kante role will change. He wont be able to roam around because he will have to keep things thight, something Matic is doing atm. Put Verratti there and Kante's role will get limited. Thats why now I think we need a better version of Matic, not a different type of player. And with a player like Lemar, Sanchez next to Eden, our attack will be creative enough, assuming we will target good wingbacks ala Semedo. Verratti is not even playing in pivot, but along Matuidi and Motta/Rabiot which completely changes his role than the one he would have here next to Kante.

Sure idealy we would need Xabi Alonso, but only player similar to that is Weigl. Unbelievable player, tacticaly brilliant for his age and his passing and organizing is like watching younger Xabi, but I think he is not going to join us anyway. That said, neither Verratti or Dahoud will come, so what great option is left then?

Assuming both Kante and even more so Bakayoko improve, just imagine how strong our midfield will be. And neither of the two is a wood on two legs, both are quite skilled. Not to mention we can always pick Cesc for games where opponent parks buses. Kante, Cesc and Baka would be more than good enough.

Unless we change to 3 man midfield for all games. Then we get alot more options to chose from, but I dont like that system too much.

7 hours ago, communicate said:

Real play pub football atm. 

I for one was quite impressed by the work rate shown by Silva in both the legs against City, sure he was no Ramires on the wing but for a player with outstanding technical ability and creativity, his work rate was very impressive.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You