Costa or Kane

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Costa is extremely overrated. To me he's a physical version of Falcao i.e quality and efficient finisher, technically deficient and awful outside the 18 yard box most of the time. Harry cane on the otherhand is actually a proper footballer first and foremost. he can hold the ball up brilliantly, bring others into play, link up play well, superior technical ability and He's not only having one of the best breakthrough season ever in top flight football but also outscoring and definitely outperforming Costa, this despite being 5 years younger.

Harry has a significantly better all round game and would be a much better fit for this team as he's a lot more tactically versatile. technically gifted enough to excel in a possession based team and tactically smart enough to play in a counter attacking set up. We have lacked someone that can hold the ball up and bring others into play in difficult games this season.

And no doubt there will be plenty of "you are embarrassing", "I can't believe what I'm reading" "spoilt" "trolling" and other predictable and overused rhetorics but when one actually sits back, watch and analyse both players closely, look at the numbers without any blue tinted glasses. . . . . . . .

So to answer the OP question yes I would swap Costa for kane

You are crazy kane play just one season good next season you will forget who is kane.What did Kane do in the final nothing but Costa was beast.Costa is for big games but Kane is for burnley and leicester games.

Costa is extremely overrated. To me he's a physical version of Falcao i.e quality and efficient finisher, technically deficient and awful outside the 18 yard box most of the time. Harry cane on the otherhand is actually a proper footballer first and foremost. he can hold the ball up brilliantly, bring others into play, link up play well, superior technical ability and He's not only having one of the best breakthrough season ever in top flight football but also outscoring and definitely outperforming Costa, this despite being 5 years younger.

Harry has a significantly better all round game and would be a much better fit for this team as he's a lot more tactically versatile. technically gifted enough to excel in a possession based team and tactically smart enough to play in a counter attacking set up. We have lacked someone that can hold the ball up and bring others into play in difficult games this season.

And no doubt there will be plenty of "you are embarrassing", "I can't believe what I'm reading" "spoilt" "trolling" and other predictable and overused rhetorics but when one actually sits back, watch and analyse both players closely, look at the numbers without any blue tinted glasses. . . . . . . .

So to answer the OP question yes I would swap Costa for kane

How is he outperforming Costa?

Costa has been injured throughout the season at various points, is the top scorer in the league, while playing significantly less games than Kane, etc...

I'm not sure where this "outplaying while being younger" is coming from. I'm sure you have some warped view and weird reasoning though.

Its weird how you don't believe in your own players...its not a surprise that english players lack confidence in international level.

As an England fan - who's turning 39 years old this year - I've seen my fair share of 'messiahs'

Don't get me wrong - I would absolutely fucking love it if Kane became a beast of an England forward - but - I want to keep calm and not overhype the situation.

The fate of the lad is in Woys hand in Internationals and Woy is a stubborn man - he might persist with Rooney as the striker :(

It's great that this is happening and gives our Euro chances a real shot in the arm

I just hope he stays grounded and doesn't follow the Adebayour route.

You are crazy kane play just one season good next season you will forget who is kane.What did Kane do in the final nothing but Costa was beast.Costa is for big games but Kane is for burnley and leicester games.

Rubbish. At WHL when we played Spurs, Kane was the best player on the pitch by miles and outperformed Costa. Scored 2 and assisted 2. Harry Kane single-handedly destroyed Arsenal. 2 goals. There are a lot of big games where he didn't even play when he was trusted enough to start. I think Costa is an excellent striker and I am not criticising him but you are really contradicting yourself. Costa has scored mainly against the mid-table and lower teams bar Liverpool and Arsenal where he got one a peice while Kane scored 2 against both us and Arsenal. His general performance was excellent too. If Kane had been trusted to start earlier on before MP saw sense he most probably would have scored in more big games.

Rubbish. At WHL when we played Spurs, Kane was the best player on the pitch by miles and outperformed Costa. Scored 2 and assisted 2. Harry Kane single-handedly destroyed Arsenal. 2 goals. There are a lot of big games where he didn't even play when he was trusted enough to start. I think Costa is an excellent striker and I am not criticising him but you are really contradicting yourself. Costa has scored mainly against the mid-table and lower teams bar Liverpool and Arsenal where he got one a peice while Kane scored 2 against both us and Arsenal. His general performance was excellent too. If Kane had been trusted to start earlier on before MP saw sense he most probably would have scored in more big games.

that was luck and in the final what did he nothing he was sh*t.while Costa was amazing and again kane had luck againts us and in the final he did nothing he is not for big matches

that was luck and in the final what did he nothing he was sh*t.while Costa was amazing and again kane had luck againts us and in the final he did nothing he is not for big matches

Lool, Diego would also do shit against that packed defenders.

What was luck? You are not making sense. Come with a constructive argument rather than "that was luck". I am not suggesting Kane is better than Costa at all but trying to write off what he has achieved this season is what I find irritating. Was it luck or just pure quality when Spurs beat us and Arsenal? That was pure quality. Don't tell me otherwise.

So let me get this straight, kane is not for the big games because he failed to score in the COC final despite actually running our defence rag in the first half and held the ball up well against our parked defence but costa who not only has failed to score against psg,cityx2,liverpool COC but also performed woefully in those games is a better big game player in the context of this season. Just so we are clear, is that what you are really saying?

So let me get this straight, kane is not for the big games because he failed to score in the COC final despite actually running our defence rag in the first half and held the ball up well against our parked defence but costa who not only has failed to score against psg,cityx2,liverpool COC, spurs at WHL but also performed

woefully in those games is a better big game player in the context of this season. Just so we are clear, is that what you are really saying?

He scored against Spurs at WHL but generally was very frustrating apart from that.