Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've only drawn away in 2001 so oh well can't win them all. But we was slacking a bit but Courtois is my man of the match because he saved some amazing goals and didn't let one in (As always :D) But Terry and Willan was good too.

Should've been 3 easy points but it really looked like the midweek took something out of us.

Thought Sunderland did real well, they were compact and ran us off the ball in wide areas a lot.

Got nothing from Cesc, Hazard and Costa today... I doubt Hazard had one take on today.

That was so unlucky.....Sunderland deserved to get the three points!

Seriously, I understand the argument for stability, but the team looked as tired today...well as a team that has played 3 matches in 7 days. The changes also came way too late at the 76th and 83rd minute given that it was very obvious that things aren't working very early on and we failed to create a single goal-scoring chance. Apart from the speed of passing and pressing, we also lacked width today. I think having Luis today might have made a difference. That is kind of tactical stubbornest that we usually laugh at Wenger and Guardiola for. Also, Costa seems to have lost the plot today and was more intent on injuring the Sunderland defense than actually scoring.

All that said, we can afford to drop two points here. We're still fairly comfortable. Let's just hope that the performance is a one-off.

Terrible match from Matic and Fabregas. When the opponent doesn't give you any space and you are forced to constantly play it sideways, the least you can do is not take 10 touches and allow them to adjust every single time you got the ball. Also bad from the wings, Willian at least almost created something a few times, while it lacked a lot from Hazard. Azplicueta also truly shows he's right footed playing on the left back today, limits the play quite a bit for him, and when Ivanovic doesn't do more than today it could be nice to see Luis on the left and Azpilicueta on the right. Oh well, this is what that lead on points is for isn't it? Sunderland did well and Chelsea couldn't do shit, good thing it's just Spurs next week.

José should have made some changes to the starting eleven, just to freshen it up. Matic and Cesc looked really tired the last 15 min or so.

Agree. Would've been a game for Schurrle and Ramires(who was injured unfortunately.)

Complete shit - both the performance and the viewing experience. I hope Gus The Meerkat and his crap band of ogres fuck off to the Championship. Still, unbeaten and top of the league so nothing to cry about. Plus, November is done with.

Horrific game. It reminded me of the Basel away performance last season where we lost 1-0. We looked incredibly tired which is a worry at this stage of the season. MOTM? Fuck that, we were bang awful all over the pitch. I hate to single out a player but I wonder what the point of Azpilicueta is in games like this. Contributes nothing to attack and his defensive contribution is overrated by some. Either you play him on his natural wing, (which he doesn't deserve considering Brana's form) or don't play him at all and play Luis insted.

The rotation has been poor and resting of some key players not named Costa or Fabregas has not been good enough. Oscar, Hazard, Matic all deserve rests as well.

Same old story, people banging on about it being an easy 3 points. Some people never learn

Tell me about it. I rolled my eyes like crazy every time I saw those 3-0 4-0 5-0 predictions. Do they even watch football at all?