Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the media labelling us as an all-conquering machine, now they all go about how we have been found out, City going to catch us because of their easy December schedule.

After a couple of days of reflection, one positive we can take from this match is that our defence has stabilized after some erratic performances at beginning of the season. I still got no clue why Jose played the same team 3times in a row. One would not even do this in Fifa. At least could have mixed up the offense.

But if we keep up working on us, there will be no "found out" at all. We have an ensemble of creative players, who will at their day, make enough chances for any striker to score esp one of the calibre of Diego Costa. Secondly, we still have the good direct long ball football in us + danger from set pieces. Would have hoped for a bit more of that on Saturday, but I am pretty sure, if this would have been a game at St.Marys, Swansea or white Hart Lane we would have.

Interesting stat:

Spurs ran 5Km more than any other PL side at the weekend against Everton.

Not surprising. Their pressing was really impressive and they managed to score from a turnover high up the pitch as a result. Hopefully they don't play like that against us because no matter how good you are it is very difficult to play against that kind of pressure, as Barca and Real have found out against Atletico. I really wish we'd play with that intensity, perhaps not all the time but at least in the big games.

Not surprising. Their pressing was really impressive and they managed to score from a turnover high up the pitch as a result. Hopefully they don't play like that against us because no matter how good you are it is very difficult to play against that kind of pressure, as Barca and Real have found out against Atletico. I really wish we'd play with that intensity, perhaps not all the time but at least in the big games.

Hopefully that means they're more exhausted than us, especially that we had an extra day off.

But Matic and Cesc both need to be extra careful, especially that both tend to get dispossessed a bit too easily at times.

Hopefully that means they're more exhausted than us, especially that we had an extra day off.

That's what I thought you were getting at. They played Thursday, Sunday, now again on Wednesday. They won't play like that against us though, too risky.

That's what I thought you were getting at. They played Thursday, Sunday, now again on Wednesday. They won't play like that against us though, too risky.

Pochettino did kinda play like that against us last season with Southampton, though.

Pochettino did kinda play like that against us last season with Southampton, though.

Everybody will now play against us like Sunderland did.

It's how people stopped Arsenal - we need a plan B and I tend to agree that's with width.

Playing through the middle is comfortable for the opposition, playing with width fucks up any team - we do need to work on that.

We all knew it would get tough and that was our best November for a while! So let's start December with a win!

They might or they might not. One should remember that they sat back and defended most of the time when they went to Arsenal earlier this season. Spurs only pressed high up the pitch on occasions at the Emirates.