Diego Costa

Spike

That sums up Costa for you. I am sure managers talk to him about his quick temper and his antics but when he plays and gets wound up it seems he is uncontrollable. Because the last thing we need is a 3 game suspension or even more for his misconduct. I like his aggressive style but he needs to know the limit and understand football is a contact sport but it is not a street fight. Even in UFC headbutts are not permitted but he seems to do it a lot.

The incident with Sissoko last season makes me laugh and I don't know why I find it so funny. Sissoko's reaction for a start and then when Costa doesn't get his way he literally tries to throttle Sissoko laughingsmiley001.gif

ipDBtOzeeHIS9.gif

:lol: This is hilarious, but if/when it happens at Chelsea, it won't be so hilarious anymore. Unlike other clubs, we don't have any good strikers to take his place. If this happens, we're basically screwed.

That's hilarious, I can't stop laughing... His reaction after he doesn't get a foul is: 'come here now you little bitch'

Well, he's a whole package, unfortunately we can't pick only the good things. I do hope José tames him the little bit necessary for him to avoid suspensions.

I really have watched little of this guy (never said otherwise) because I'm surprised by his quality and also by his temperament. He seemed just tough, but he's a bit dirty (or full throttle, depending on how you see it).

That sums up Costa for you. I am sure managers talk to him about his quick temper and his antics but when he plays and gets wound up it seems he is uncontrollable. Because the last thing we need is a 3 game suspension or even more for his misconduct. I like his aggressive style but he needs to know the limit and understand football is a contact sport but it is not a street fight. Even in UFC headbutts are not permitted but he seems to do it a lot.

The incident with Sissoko last season makes me laugh and I don't know why I find it so funny. Sissoko's reaction for a start and then when Costa doesn't get his way he literally tries to throttle Sissoko laughingsmiley001.gif

ipDBtOzeeHIS9.gif

Lol, it is so funny watching that at the moment. But if that incident was in PL, he will easily get 5-8 match ban or so. Hopefully never happened again, cause it will be not that funny anymore.

Reading through the thread it seems the only concern about Diego is his temper. Now I don't follow La Liga closely, but looking at some of the videos posted in the thread, if he pulls some of those moves on multiple occasions you can bet he'll receive a lengthy ban and the media will start treating him like Suarez. I hope he settles down a bit.

"I hope my actions on the pitch and my feet will do the talking and then people can decide if I'm a good player or not," he said.

“All I can say is I love playing hard and fairly. I want to improve, not only as a player but as an individual, and I believe this is the perfect place for me to do that.

"Joining was an easy decision for me. We have some of the best players in the world, the best manager in the world and it's a club with great history.”

Costa was part of the Atletico team which ended Chelsea's interest at the semi-final stage of the Champions League last season, an evening he recalls with great fondness.

"I remember the atmosphere and the passion of the supporters," he said. "They stayed right until the end, getting behind their team, even though it was unlikely they could win after we scored two quick goals.”

By history he probably meant when he started to follow football :D

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/diego-costa-i-owe-chelsea-fans-an-apology-9663505.html

Also surprised that he said something like this, I always thought if asked he would say something like I give my all for the shirt, no matter against who...etc. Looks like he wants to be popular with the fans and he will be, provide he lives up to our expectations :)

Costa: "It's a club with great history. That's the reason I chose Chelsea and why I want to defend this shirt."

Not sure if he just joined Liverpool or Chelsea. :philjones

As I said a few times, the way Brazilians and Englishes see history is different.

A historical club for us is a club with big support, who's been standing for a long while, that has big rivalries and we have all that. Of course silverware is also part of the context, but it's much less important for us than it is for them, so maybe that's his reference.

It's called PR....

I'd say Hazard at the moment. He was second choice the last two years, can't see why he wouldn't be first now that Lampard is gone.

I would rather feed the beast ala cristiano/messi style....