Diego Costa

Spike

He looks like someone who got the potential of a long ban at least once in the next couple of years in him. Maybe around 4-5 matches for some stupid thing beyond normal such as jumping on opponent's ankle or elbow a player in the face.

I have no idea where this image of him is coming from. I've never got it... but maybe I haven't watched him close enough.

I think he's a tough cookie, that will shove players around, but hot fuse, long suspension coming? I think people are exaggerating a lot.

If he was that bad he would have gotten more red cards. There's so much leniency in La Liga or in Portugal for it to ignore the kind of guy you keep describing. It seems like he's been cheating the system time and time again, doing dirty things that the referee doesn't see when most times I caught him in action was very blatant and immediate. He isn't the guy that will bite you or head you when nobody is seeing. Or I'm the one with the wrong impression.

Either way, Mourinho 'tamed' worse in his career, so I'm not worried. He's Ramires 2.0 except he isn't as moronic as far as can I say - I can't get over some of Ramires reactions - especially at the end of last season when he basically got two consecutive suspensions. It is moronic. God help us with Costa if he's the same.

I have no idea where this image of him is coming from. I've never got it... but maybe I haven't watched him close enough.

I think he's a tough cookie, that will shove players around, but hot fuse, long suspension coming? I think people are exaggerating a lot.

If he was that bad he would have gotten more red cards. There's so much leniency in La Liga or in Portugal for it to ignore the kind of guy you keep describing. It seems like he's been cheating the system time and time again, doing dirty things that the referee doesn't see when most times I caught him in action was very blatant and immediate. He isn't the guy that will bite you or head you when nobody is seeing. Or I'm the one with the wrong impression.

Either way, Mourinho 'tamed' worse in his career, so I'm not worried. He's Ramires 2.0 except he isn't as moronic as far as can I say - I can't get over some of Ramires reactions - especially at the end of last season when he basically got two consecutive suspensions. It is moronic. God help us with Costa if he's the same.

he looks to have a tendency to use his hands ,,In the PL they will crucify him for this

Costa is not as bad as Ramires (Is anyone?). He did get away with stuff last year that refs didn't see. I remember during one game near the end of last season he did what Pepe did to Muller in the WC, but nobody saw him (except the cameras) . I think he'll be fine though. He's just tough and has heart, like JT(:

Probably from stuff like this:

He's the kind of player who does a lot of pushing like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ipqCV9q9Q

The worst thing is, he already has the reputation of a dirty player, so EPL referees will likely be watching him closely.

Probably from stuff like this:

LOL

but that's Sergio Ramos and Pepe. We all wish we could have done that :P

I'm kidding (sort of) of course.

That's ridiculous.... cabra retado demais :P

Well, I hope we don't feed this behavior here. Our style isn't that.

He's the kind of player who does a lot of pushing like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ipqCV9q9Q

The worst thing is, he already has the reputation of a dirty player, so EPL referees will likely be watching him closely.

yep - that's what I meant that he shoves players around, and as he's a Chelsea player they won't think twice about charging him. If he was Liverpool, United or even Arsenal they wouldn't have it too hard on them. It's always like that. No surprise, but let's hope he won't be easily riled up.

Here there's the language barrier - for once it'll be something in our favor because I have NO DOUBT at all he was provoked too. Ramos and Pepe are no saints at all.

LOL

but that's Sergio Ramos and Pepe. We all wish we could have done that :P

I'm kidding (sort of) of course.

That's ridiculous.... cabra retado demais :P

Well, I hope we don't feed this behavior here. Our style isn't that.

yep - that's what I meant that he shoves players around, and as he's a Chelsea player they won't think twice about charging him. If he was Liverpool, United or even Arsenal they wouldn't have it too hard on them. It's always like that. No surprise, but let's hope he won't be easily riled up.

Here there's the language barrier - for once it'll be something in our favor because I have NO DOUBT at all he was provoked too. Ramos and Pepe are no saints at all.

Not that they ain't saints, they are among the dirtiest and cheapest CBs in the world xD Ramos is the brain and Pepe is the muscle...

There was a hell of a lot of attention on Atletico last season and Costa was their main man. Either way I don't think Costa will suddenly learn to control his emotions. I just hope Mourinho speaks to him about it instead of blaming the referee/FA when he is inevitably banned.

That's why we should have kept Eto'o this season, he is still good enough to fill in when and where, Torres and Drogba aren't imo.

What I like about this is his early goals, goals in pre-season should have confidence through the roof. His link up play already looks amazing with Cesc, not only that but he looks really comfortable with his back to goal and the ball at his feet.

Right now he looks like a super buy.

He's a striker playing with masses of confidence at the moment and that shows in his finishes. Direct and instinctive, the complete opposite of Torres.

If he can keep that going throughout the season it will be an amazing feat, but I have a few worries about him having that inevitable dip.

All promising so far though.