test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

4. Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,729 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, the wes said:

Jorginho, Seri, or weigl 

I know seri to be a decent play maker ,hoever him and kante in a midfield two would work? my knowledge of jorginho is he's more of a Kante type of player and he has his eyes on Manchester whether that's blue or red i'm not sure he minds to be honest and I've never watched Weigl play but you think dortmund would sell I have read that hes had a really good breakout year for them

3 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I know seri to be a decent play maker ,hoever him and kante in a midfield two would work? my knowledge of jorginho is he's more of a Kante type of player and he has his eyes on Manchester whether that's blue or red i'm not sure he minds to be honest and I've never watched Weigl play but you think dortmund would sell I have read that hes had a really good breakout year for them

MAYBE some deal with Dortmund for Bats?

the wes and bluesman2610 like this

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

MAYBE some deal with Dortmund for Bats?

ok but at the same time we will then need to go out and find another striker or two because if we are going to play two up front you need a rotation of 4 centre forwards now obviously I know we may not play with two upfront in the future but I feel like that should be the way forward with this squad

Unionjack likes this

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

ok but at the same time we will then need to go out and find another striker or two because if we are going to play two up front you need a rotation of 4 centre forwards now obviously I know we may not play with two upfront in the future but I feel like that should be the way forward with this squad

Im still not sure about Bats tho. I know hes been Ok but its a different type of league there. Its all going to depend on whatever manager we get. And it SEEMS if you listen to the media that Roman has his heart set on Bale who I really donr want here.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Im still not sure about Bats tho. I know hes been Ok but its a different type of league there. Its all going to depend on whatever manager we get. And it SEEMS if you listen to the media that Roman has his heart set on Bale who I really donr want here.

If it was the Bale that left Tottenham to go to Madrid i'd snap your hands off to take him but this injury prone out of form Bale is a no go for me as well - we need a proper CF - unpopular view but someone doing very well in France and contract expires in June - Mario Balotelli

Proper play maker to replace Cesc is a very talented and quality young guy named Carlos Soler...i don't want seri except if the board can swallow their pride and cut their loss on bakayoko then we might replace him with Seri...

42 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

If sarri comes in I can see us play a midfield trio if that's the case Seri would nice fit in that midfield trio 

54 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

If it was the Bale that left Tottenham to go to Madrid i'd snap your hands off to take him but this injury prone out of form Bale is a no go for me as well - we need a proper CF - unpopular view but someone doing very well in France and contract expires in June - Mario Balotelli

I wouldn't think many of us would say no to a young Bale but I'm sick to death of us buying wonky donkeys! Its either we are buying lads needing regular time off thru long standing injuries (or made of glass), or theyre in their twilight years and nowhere near the top of their game or theyre wannabes that are fyll of hype and 'potential'.

We have never been 'THAT' team top players are dying to play for so we either get in really fast for transfer EG Costa,Kante,Cescy or we dig deep and bribe the sods to come to us!  I'm all up for having a whipround to bribe someones agent!!

Not sure about Balotelli. Not seen his French games but still think of him as a twat! But have read hes come back to some form.

bluesman2610 likes this

There are many options we could easily target if we want young player, but we would need to open wallet. From Savic, Paredes, Soler, Weigl, Ndombele, Aouar,... 

Soler or Aouar, maybe Paredes would be my choices if we go strictly for playmaker replacement. 

But considering that is very demanding and responsible role, young player is out of question. 

So, are there any world class established playmakers available? 

Seri might be solution for a while, but he has some condition with feet in cold environments and he prefers sunny spain over england. 

Maybe we could poach Kovacic from Real, but our board would have to pull a miracle there, small odds.

Another option would be Jorginho, but apparently he is close to City ffs.

Played in a 3 man MF today and looked better than he previously had done playing in a 2 recently but again gave the ball away a lot.

On 5/7/2018 at 0:23 AM, Mufassir08 said:

His passing is not even better than Kante's these days and the only reason he wants to stay at Chelsea is because his family is settled in London and he does not want to go through the hassle of relocating. His performances have been below par for far too long and no way does he deserve to be kept around for next season. Sell him while he still has got some value left because his legs are fast forgetting the skills they possessed.

I disagree. Kante is the best ball winner in the world but his passing is not at the same level as Cesc. Just watch us when we play 352 and kante as holder, his passing is way too conservative and that cannot happen when you are the one with most freedom. 

I highly anticipate Chelsea switching to a 433 next season, but even then......Fabregas' influence needs to be limited next season. The way Conte used him last season was most ideal. He was predominately on the bench, and used very sparingly. Football is all about athleticism + pressing, and hiding Fabregas's defensive deficiencies is getting harder and harder to do. 

Seeing reports chelsea want Jean-Michael Serri, and if that's the case, then Fabregas' time here at Chelsea may be drawing to a close. Not sure who will take him though with his age/high wages and with his contract due to expire next summer... I expect we'll just keep him and let his contract run-down. 

Fernando likes this

2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Cesc is not going anywhere, perish the thought. 

54 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Cesc is not going anywhere, perish the thought. 

I really do love the lad and it saddens me watching him just getting further past his best. Theres no doubting he still has a touch about him and is great at reading plays.

But I'm afraid that unless somehow Sarri (?) can bring something extra out of him we need to upgrade to Cescy MK II.

It should be by far our top priority.

The Skipper and bigbluewillie like this