Chelsea v Everton

Jase

No it wasnt. We conceded one goal, and scored one.

You cant expect us to play clean sheets every game. However, I expect us to play better offensively against WBA.

I don't expect us to keep clean sheets every game, but against teams like West Brom it should be our target and but for Luiz not losing Anichebe we would've.

There's no reason to risk playing Luiz as a defender when Terry and Cahill are better.

I don't expect us to keep clean sheets every game, but against teams like West Brom it should be our target and but for Luiz not losing Anichebe we would've.

There's no reason to risk playing Luiz as a defender when Terry and Cahill are better.

Its funny. Everytime people can find the slightest reason to blame Luiz, the bashing begins. You do realize that if Cahill wasnt injured there, he would have cleared the ball and it wouldnt even reach Anchiebe. Ball went just over Cahills head.

And of course it has to be Luiz's fault. It cannot be that it was an absolute world-class delivery, some luck, other defensive errors, poor communication by Cech... no, it just HAS TO BE Luiz.

This is what is so typical at these forums. It is just the opposite when it comes to Cahill. Im pretty sure its because he's English.

However, we still lost the WBA game, not due to defensive errors, but because of a bad choice of tactics and poor offensive work. No question about it. You dont score one goal and then sit back and defend a 1-0 lead against WBA for 35 minutes.

it's because Cahill defends our goal better.

I think we can all agree the Cahill-Terry is our best partnership this season, Luiz has been in some bad CB form. However, he's been looking better in midfield this year than last year, it may be worth experimenting with him in the pivot (I wouldn't mind him and Matic playing there against Everton).

Luiz was marking Anichebe, loses him and doesn't even contest the header. Watch it.

There's a reason Luiz has barely been selected in the last three months, and it isn't because Cahill's English - it's because Cahill defends our goal better. He might not be as technically sound as Luiz, he might not be as wacky, but if we want to win goals then there is no reason to select Luiz in defence.

Luiz is our only hope if we want to win this game and the league. And the Champions League.

Luiz was marking Anichebe, loses him and doesn't even contest the header. Watch it.

There's a reason Luiz has barely been selected in the last three months, and it isn't because Cahill's English - it's because Cahill defends our goal better. He might not be as technically sound as Luiz, he might not be as wacky, but if we want to win goals then there is no reason to select Luiz in defence.

Totally agree!

Cahill is far better defensively than Luiz. This is by no means knocking Luiz, i am a massive fan of his, i'm just stating the facts. (Don't mean to sound like Rafa there) Cahill for me reminds me of a young JT. He isn't afraid to put his body on the line to defend our goal, and i love that! Luiz on the other hand is much more a showboater and get's himself into trouble on to many occasions.

Going forward though Luiz is fantastic. His range of passing, composure, goal scoring ability... for me it is a no brainer Luiz should play in midfield.

Another point about who should play with Cahill if JT is injured. Why does Jose not play Iva in the middle. Azpi at RB and Ash at LB?? I am not quite sure what Ash has done wrong??

Hang on, are you telling me that those that go to The Bridge all share the same view with you that Torres is merely "off form" and will somehow regain his world class talent? That's strange, because myself and most of others that do make it to SB now and then want him gone and think he's finished as well. He can never be the number one striker for us, he's not good enough. The fact that Eto'o who was brought in as a back up is out scoring him whilst playing lesser games in the PL should say it all.

You seriously aren't the voice of SB in regards to Torres, lol. In fact, the general consensus there is against your opinion of Torres.

never ever be our number 1 striker not even 2 he should be gone

End of the day , he is a striker , his job is too score , we all know for a fact , if it was messi, costa, aguero , they would all get a lot of goals in this team!

I'm glad you feel that way! How many has Torres scored in his Chelsea career?

It's just makes me laugh, mata did everything how will we cope without a player who doesn't play. Lol

The truth is Torres and Eto'o are both woeful but based on how long Torres has been here he HAS scored some important goals and HAS played a key part in certain matches.

Sadly now both are terrible

He's also missed boatloads of chances to score as well. Do you really think we'd be looking for a striker the last three windows had he been even moderately close to adequate? He's not good enough, has never been good enough... And that is precisely why we need to get someone else in here.

Eto'o hasn't been great but he's maintained a goal every two games. Throughout his Chelsea career Nando has maintain a piss poor conversion rate... around 1 in 3+ games.

I love Chelsea fans though, no matter how shit a guys been we continue to support him and shine up the turd by saying "He won a corner" and "he works hard" LOL

Eto'o does more for the team and should start.

Its funny. Everytime people can find the slightest reason to blame Luiz, the bashing begins.

Made some great points there. I think the media also love picking faults in Luiz. Its a commentators favourite line to say he has a mistake in him etc. it gets quite boring really. I think that's why some people are very critical of Luiz. But in my book Cahill and Luiz at CB is no comparison, Gary is brilliant.

He's also missed boatloads of chances to score as well. Do you really think we'd be looking for a striker the last three windows had he been even moderately close to adequate? He's not good enough, has never been good enough... And that is precisely why we need to get someone else in here.

Eto'o hasn't been great but he's maintained a goal every two games. Throughout his Chelsea career Nando has maintain a piss poor conversion rate... around 1 in 3+ games.

I love Chelsea fans though, no matter how shit a guys been we continue to support him and shine up the turd by saying "He won a corner" and "he works hard" LOL

Eto'o does more for the team and should start.

AS I KEEP SAYING, I HAVE CONSTANTLY SAID HE IS ***** NOW.

I really wish people would read more than one post before going on. I have never cheered him getting a corner or any such rubbish. Many people just wish the situation was different that is all.

Eto does ***** all for the team, the constant smoke up his **** is just as pathetic as these supposed 'fanboy;' attitudes towards Torres.

They are both terrible. END OF.