Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not on the list, but a striker I would really, really love to sign is Benzema. I think he fits the system Mou is trying to create here to a tee - he's technically great, great link up play, and also has a brilliant eye for a pass, plus he's used to the Mourinho counter attacking system.

He's been great this season for Madrid, currently he's on 17 goals and 8 assists for Real in 33 appearances. He's probably not available, but IMO he fits us the best as he is a proper team playing centre forward. I think he would link up brilliantly with Willian, Oscar and Hazard.

Here's a highlight video that highlights his link up play, technique, assists etc. (incase you've forgotten or aren't really that familiar):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV7VFrFzg7g

Mourinho has been very mysterious about 'in the summer you'll understand' and when he said that the first name in my mind was Benzema. He must have some insider's info and I think Karim is coming. I like him alright, I would have preferred a few in the list ahead of him, but Karim is already serious progress from what we have.

I think the highest chances of coming are Benz first and then Costa.

I still would prefer the biggest cunt of all, but he won't be sold to a rival because his release clause is way too high in England. I'd be happy with Benz

If I may try to post here.

First this thread is too early & childish.

Chelsea is going to buy a striker. However, it depends on Chelsea´s results of the PL & CL.

As we all know, plenty of money to be received for both competition. Jose wins the PL, ends up in semis of the CL, millions are coming in. Then he goes out shopping & Chelsea is set for years.

Diego Costa or Cavani.

I think Costa is a bully, the kind of striker we need. And while he might be a douche, it doesn't mean Mou can't sort him out a tad and anyway, he'll be one of those strikers that defenders HATE playing against. But like the OP said, always played with a strike partner, bit of risk there.

Cavani is just quality. Would fit our system very nicely, but it just remains to be seen whether the transfer demands will be obscene which I wouldn't doubt.

In conclusion; Costa has a semi-reasonable buy-out clause but would be a little bit of a risk talent wise, Cavani would be brilliant talent wise but PSG could want a ridiculous transfer fee and he could be on huge wages that we'd have to match/better.

Either one would do me fine, with Ba and Torres being sold to help fund the move and Lukaku & Feruz as the squad players for the striker role.

Obviously it seems we're after Costa, Cavani and Mandzukic or all of em as i heard today. I'd love us to get Cavani but we'll have to spend £50 and i really don't want that again. Diego Costa is a scum bag rat cunt who i personally detest. Mandzukic is the more sensible option as he'll be cheaper, he's not happy and he's already done everything in club football with Bayern so knows the big stage. He's also at a decent age and was phenomenal last season, he puts in one hell of a shift, a proper Jose player. I personally would love Ibra so voted for him because it's about who i would want.

Out of the 3 we're going for, i'd prefer Mandzukic for cost and sensibility reasons then maybe Martinez and Lukaku as well. We need 3 strikers.

Mandzukic, Lukaku, Martinez. Job done. No pussy cheats.

1.CAVANI- THE BEST CHOICE AROUND...CAN HOLD THE BALL UP AND BRING OUR AM'S INTO THE GAME..USED TO COUNTER ATTACKING..

RATE IS REASONABLE...STUMBLING BLOCK IS PSG WILLING TO SELL OR NOT....GR8 NEWS IN HEARING HES NOT HAPPY TO PLAY IN ZLATANS SHADOW

AND OUT OF POSITION....MOURINHO KINDA PLAYER(CAN PLAY ALONE)

2.BALOTELLI - OBVIOUSLY TALENTED....GR8 STRIKER ...FITS THE LONE STIKER ROLE...WORK RATE NOT THAT GOOD BUT EFFECTIVE WHEN ON THE

BALL....MOURINHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORK AROUND HIS CHARACTER AND BRING OUT A LEGEND OR ...(ASK MANCINI!!) ..REASONABLE RATE AND

READILY AVAILABLE (MILAN IN VERY BAD SHAPE)

3.COSTA- SEEMS LIKE A GOOD FINISHER...SEEMS TO HAVE GR8 CONTROL AND SKILLS .... SEEMS TO BE PHYSICALLY CAPABLE OF COMPETING IN PL...

REASONABLE RATE FOR WHAT IS EXPECTED OF HIM....BUT TOO MANY 'SEEMS' !!

4-ROONEY-PL PEDIGREE...GR8 FINISHER...PERFECT FOR THE ROLE CHELSEA NEEDS AND IF NEED BE CAN EVEN INTERCHANGE POSITION DURING

A MATCH(ACT AS AM...VERY VERSATILE) AND CAUSE COMPLETE HAVOC TO OPPOSITION DEFENSE.....THE MOST APT CHOICE ...

UPTO 40 MILS HES WORTH IT!! BUT WOULD MANU SELL HIM? WHAT ABOUT HIS NEW DEAL? LOT OF UNCERTAINTY AROUND HIM...

ROONEY>CAVANI>BALOTELLI>COSTA ....IMO :)

FALCAO ... HIGUAIN...ZLATAN NOT LONG TERM..

BENTEKE IN SAME MOLD AS LUKAKU..

THE MARTINEZ,DZEKO,MANDZUKIC WONT GIVE A NEW DIMENSION TO OUR ATTACK AND FRANKLY NOT AS GOOD AS TOP 4...SUAREZ NO THANK YOU !!

Anyone watching Costa right now? The game has only been about him and his antics. He's a piece of shit.

I like that, at least if he doesn't get involved in the actual game he gets involved in personal games. Unlike someone at the club atm who gone missing if the team doesn't play to his rhyme...

Anyone watching Costa right now? The game has only been about him and his antics. He's a piece of shit.

Drogba was the same in fairness.

One thing that I hate about Costa is that he turned down the chance to play for Brazil in a World Cup in Brazil to play for Spain. Crazy.

Drogba was the same in fairness.

One thing that I hate about Costa is that he turned down the chance to play for Brazil in a World Cup in Brazil to play for Spain. Crazy.

He can start for the defending champs? What's wrong with that? He'll probably start, he wouldn't with Brazil. I love Costa and his attitude, he's one of those players who teammates can count on.

He can start for the defending champs? What's wrong with that? He'll probably start, he wouldn't with Brazil. I love Costa and his attitude, he's one of those players who teammates can count on.

Yeah, Athletico could really count on him tonight. 2-0 down and he got himself booked for kicking out so he's out of the return leg.

What's the point of International football if he can play for Spain when he was born and brought up in Brazil? Its crazy. He had the chance to represent his country in a home world cup and he turned it down. As for not starting, He is better then Damiao, Jo and Fred who Brazil usually start so he probably would have.

Lukaku is no where near good enough to be our 1st choice striker, even Torres will be ahead of him.

I don't think Mourinho will be too impressed with him this season, he started off good but he's dropped off in the last few months. Still has the touch of a rapist

1. Cavani or Costa

2. Torres

3. Eto'o

Lukaku - Loan

Ba - Sold

Everyone is voting for Cavani but is that really a realistic option? Just cause he may not be an automatic first choice at PSG means he'll leave? You don't think he knew Ibra was there when he signed? Whatever made him sign last year will keep him there, what has changed that would make him leave? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Realistically, I feel the best options are Mandzukic and Costa, I'd take either.