Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we wanted Bony the deal shouldve been done when he was at Vitesse. Now we'd simply pay too much for too little games.

In an ideal world I'd love to see a lead striker force of Lukaku, Costa, Negredo. I think Negredo is a great player to call up on, he did brilliant at City when he played and was unfortunate he didn't get more game time. I only put Costa there because it's most likely happening.. He probably wouldn't have been my first choice.

If we wanted Bony the deal shouldve been done when he was at Vitesse. Now we'd simply pay too much for too little games.

In an ideal world I'd love to see a lead striker force of Lukaku, Costa, Negredo. I think Negredo is a great player to call up on, he did brilliant at City when he played and was unfortunate he didn't get more game time. I only put Costa there because it's most likely happening.. He probably wouldn't have been my first choice.

Well said, but just unrealistic. Costa is just about in. Lukaku won´t play 2nd or 3rd fiddle for Chelsea. He needs to play to get better, I feel. Even Negredo, I doubt he would want to sit on the bench one more season.

Why would we need Negredo or Bony as a 3rd striker? we saw how little Ba played last season as the 3rd, and thats when Eto'o and Torres were the main strikers. With Costa and Lukaku the 3rd should be a youngster, or Torres/Ba if they cant leave. spending big money on a 3rd striker when you play 4-2-3-1 is unnecessary.

Why would we need Negredo or Bony as a 3rd striker? we saw how little Ba played last season as the 3rd, and thats when Eto'o and Torres were the main strikers. With Costa and Lukaku the 3rd should be a youngster, or Torres/Ba if they cant leave. spending big money on a 3rd striker when you play 4-2-3-1 is unnecessary.

First of all. BA just might be out of Chelsea. Secondly, Lukaku won´t play second fiddle, he needs to play. Then, how do you know Ferda wants to leave? Lol.

Negredo cost City around £15m. In the grand context of things that's relatively cheap for a guy who scored consecutively at home for a run of 9 games I think it was, he was a different option because of his strength for City. I'm not saying it's an option now, but it certainly would've been an adequate third striker to have than Ba or Nando.

First of all. BA just might be out of Chelsea. Secondly, Lukaku won´t play second fiddle, he needs to play. Then, how do you know Ferda wants to leave? Lol.

You know I think Lukaku as second fiddle wouldn't be so bad in his view. He left this season because he thought he would've been fourth choice behind Eto'o, Torres and Ba especially because we sold neither Torres or Ba. This season there's no Eto'o, there's still a chance Torres goes which leaves us with Costa & Lukaku which sounds a good deal to him. I don't believe reports Mourinho will keep Bamford to play third striker, so Lukaku's situation will depend on a. If Torres stays and b. If we sign another striker after Costa

It looks Torres will stay because no one wants him, it looks Ba will stay because he is big pal of Hazard (and we want Hazard to be happy right ;) ), means Etoo will sure leave, while Costa will replace him. Thats 3 strikers...

BUT where will Lukaku play? I will be realy pissed if we sell him or loan him again.

It looks Torres will stay because no one wants him, it looks Ba will stay because he is big pal of Hazard (and we want Hazard to be happy right ;) ), means Etoo will sure leave, while Costa will replace him. Thats 3 strikers...

BUT where will Lukaku play? I will be realy pissed if we sell him or loan him again.

why would we keep BA JUSTso EH can have a best friend to play with!!! we are a pro football club and hazard is a pro footballer and a grown up!!!

also, even if we loan lukaku to a team like ATM, it would be a good deal. he will definitely get a lot of playing time, will get CL experience, lead a team there-thereabouts in the title race.

why would we keep BA JUSTso EH can have a best friend to play with!!! we are a pro football club and hazard is a pro footballer and a grown up!!!

also, even if we loan lukaku to a team like ATM, it would be a good deal. he will definitely get a lot of playing time, will get CL experience, lead a team there-thereabouts in the title race.

Agreed.

There is no reason to keep both Torres and Ba. I'd rather keep Ba over Torres, but Torres is unflushable, so that leaves Ba.

What I'm terribly concerned about is that if we end up keeping both Torres and Ba, we will be 100% dependent on Costa's fitness. We already know Ba and Torres are insufficient.

That's why I think either we give Lukaku a shot as a second striker, or we buy that player.