Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

He's currently behind a lot of players in the centreback pecking order. He looked well out of his depth today both in defending and worse with the ball at his feet. He's not going to improve a lot in the latter and there's no point trying to persist when we have better solutions. He only marginally improved when we stopped pumping long balls and tried to play some football in the 2nd half. Sell. 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Yesterday game showed Zouma needs to play week in week out after that bad injury I would loan him out next season 

Also he is getting used to playing a new system, a full pre-season under his belt barring any setbacks he should be fine. 

On 2/19/2017 at 9:48 PM, LondonsFinest said:

People acting like he didn't come from an ACL tear and has played for the past year. Awful fanbase.

Even before his ACL tear i think anyone with half a brain would say he would struggle in a system that is trying to implement passing out from the back.

48 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Even before his ACL tear i think anyone with half a brain would say he would struggle in a system that is trying to implement passing out from the back.

Yeah, we weren't a possession based team under Mou, Zouma fit his tactics very well. But Conte who is more similar to Guardiola (not as extreme) in his philosophy to play out the back makes Zouma a liability in his current state.

The biggest problem for Kurt is that we won't actually miss him. We still have lots of great young centre-backs in Christensen, Ake, Tomori, Clark-Salter and even Kalas and Omeruo aren't sold yet. If he was left-footed and semi-decent with the ball it's whole different story.

He's not home-grown unlike Christensen and Ake and that may have huge bearing. I think it's between him and Ake.

3 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

The biggest problem for Kurt is that we won't actually miss him. We still have lots of great young centre-backs in Christensen, Ake, Tomori, Clark-Salter and even Kalas and Omeruo aren't sold yet. If he was left-footed and semi-decent with the ball it's whole different story.

He's not home-grown unlike Christensen and Ake and that may have huge bearing. I think it's between him and Ake.

Nah... I don't think Nathan will become a starter. I abso-fucking-lutely hope so because I like him and he's Dutch but I just don't think so.

And for Christensen...who says he has a free ticket to walk into the squad? Still has to see how he works under Conte. 

3 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Nah... I don't think Nathan will become a starter. I abso-fucking-lutely hope so because I like him and he's Dutch but I just don't think so.

And for Christensen...who says he has a free ticket to walk into the squad? Still has to see how he works under Conte. 

Because there's many indications that Christensen will stay. He's simply the best of the 3, most experienced, full international, used to playing in this system. He can be back up to David Luiz at worst for a start. Unless he really wants to go. 

Honestly I think Ake will leave if he won't play. There will be good offers for him and the club. He's most likely to be third choice for LWB as I'm pretty sure Chelsea will look to buy starting left centre-back and unless Ake overtakes Cahill he will be third choice. 

8 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Because there's many indications that Christensen will stay. He's simply the best of the 3, most experienced, full international, used to playing in this system. He can be back up to David Luiz at worst for a start. Unless he really wants to go. 

Honestly I think Ake will leave if he won't play. There will be good offers for him and the club. He's most likely to be third choice for LWB as I'm pretty sure Chelsea will look to buy starting left centre-back and unless Ake overtakes Cahill he will be third choice. 

Andreas has made it clear that he's only interested in coming back as a starter. He won't willingly accept the role of back up to anyone. If he is not assured a place in the first XI, or if he loses that place, he will certainly push for a move. Who wants an unhappy player in their squad? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was nothing I'd have liked more at one time than a trio of Poba/Varane/Happy trio but its looking increasingly stronger than us not having any of them

Zouma: “Leave Chelsea? We’ll see at the end of the season”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/kurt-zouma-hints-leaving-chelsea/

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

There was nothing I'd have liked more at one time than a trio of Poba/Varane/Happy trio but its looking increasingly stronger than us not having any of them

Zouma: “Leave Chelsea? We’ll see at the end of the season”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/kurt-zouma-hints-leaving-chelsea/

I think he will be loaned out and Christensen will replace him in the squad in the summer