Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

This guy is going to fight for a place in the starting 11, like everyone else.

He has a lot of talent, he is really young, and fits what we need, ALso we sell Mata that don't give nothing to our team and now we have another good option a lot .cheaper

Salah vs Tottenham:

Mata is out because he was completely shit in the last 6 months.

He does make some smooth moves. Not easy to play like that against the likes of Tottenham.

I like this guy ;)

He's unpredictable as fuck - reminds me of Kalou ;)

Beats every defender, confuses team mates - then trips over a daisy - and still manages to shin it in ;)

How I've missed those types of players :)

Nah in all seriousness £11million is cheap for a young talent like this. We're building a dynasty here :)

Hazard, Him and Shirley running at you for 90 minutes = some pretty knackered defenders :)

I find it hard to believe that one of the top 'youngsters' in Europe is still playing in the Swiss league at 21 years of age.. Then again I know nigh nothing about him so I'm just gonna wait and see.

Have you seen/know Shaqiri?

It is almost the same career paths, but Salah came from Egypt.

Any news about when he will complete his medical?

Liverpool fans hoping he doesnt agree terms and joins them instead :o

We wouldn't announce the deal without sounding out how the players feels about it first. Ofcourse he knows he wants to come and has discussed with the club the salary he wants. Its more a matter of writing the contracts up and the medical.

Don't listen to them Liverpool fans everyone knows how delusional they all.

About his defensive skillz:

"In fact, only two outfield players (Shakhtar's Darijo Srna and Porto's Fernando) have recovered possession more times in the Champions League this season than Salah's 44. Meanwhile, no Chelsea attacker has recorded more interceptions than Salah's six, while only Oscar (12) has more tackles than the Egyptian (7) Mata, as testament to his lack of suitability, has zero"

Proof that mourinho saw qualities of an all rounder in him. And he ticked all the boxes he was looking for on the RW.

He is one of the top youngsters in Europe, with an eye for goal. For £11-16m, he is a steal IMO.

Care to elaborate?

All i've seen about him is he's fast as fuck, and also tracks back well.

I find it hard to believe that one of the top 'youngsters' in Europe is still playing in the Swiss league at 21 years of age.. Then again I know nigh nothing about him so I'm just gonna wait and see.

Explain what you have been hearing. Ive heard nothing but good things about him.

I read this a while ago now:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/salah-puts-himself-shop-window-again-015555303.html

Here are the parts that question him:

However, it is worth noting that these four goals comprise just under half his overall tally for the club in all competitions. Four goals from five sounds fantastic, but 11 in 47 is not quite so spectacular. For Mohamed Salah is a master in the art of excelling when it matters.

He is world class at putting himself in the shop window, but lacks consistency. His decision-making, final ball and finishing are also questionable in what can be frustrating performances (when it’s not Chelsea or Spurs, of course).

His international record, on first viewing, looks better under scrutiny. But how many of his 17 goals came in the two-legged play-off against Ghana? None.

It does seem that Salah thrives under a certain sort of pressure, but only when his side are the underdog.

The real pressure of being expected to perform and he can be found wanting.

This may seem harsh criticism of a raw 21-year-old only in his second year of European football. And perhaps it is a shade demanding to expect he maintains those standards throughout a season.

But with fans of English clubs – particularly Spurs and Chelsea – often asking if Salah is on their radar, it must be pointed out that the flashes of genius shown in those Europa League and Champions League matches are just that – flashes.

Good scouts watch players in training, in regular league matches, on international duty and – of course – in the endless stream of scouting clips offered by agents and internet video geeks.

A decision on a multi-million pound player is not taken lightly (unless that player is Bebe, ahem) and you would assume that scouts are watching Salah, and that clubs are giving him consideration.

Realistically, Salah could quickly make the step up to a better league, for an upper mid-table Premier League or Bundesliga club (his more direct approach may not suit La Liga at this stage). He would be a fine signing for Southampton, Swansea or – provided they don’t combust under Martin Jol – Fulham, a decent foil for Christian Benteke at Aston Villa, or Romelu Lukaku at Everton.

I really want him to play at the very highest level - when on song, he is a thrilling sight, unplayable as he is frustrating. He is easily Egypt's most promising player now the likes of Mohamed Aboutrika are to be put to pasture.

But until questions about his consistency are answered, don’t expect him to be wearing the blue of Chelsea next season.

Gotta love laugh at that last line! :lol: