Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

He has proven himself vs some village teams from Switzerland+some average African countries. The only decent teams he has performed against are us and Spurs, both teams have not exactly been impressive in the RB department in these games. He is just like Marin, maybe a tad faster and younger, but just as one-dimensional and only signed based on a couple of decent games against quality oppositons, in which they accidentally performed well. After German Messi Marin we now got Egyptian Messi salah. i'd much rather keep the only juan. We also got atsu, who is exactly the same fuckin player as Salah, just not as hyped.

Ghana an average country?! I have a feeling you have only seen his European games and that's it. Also, he is in a different league compared to Marin.

Its stupid because he can't even lace Mata's boots. Mata isn't the profile Mourinho wants but hes still better than every other player we have except for Hazard possibly, we are selling Mata so we should replace him with someone just as good so we would still have a very good squad. Salah is good but hes hardly a touch on Mata.

Wllian was Mata's replacement. Jose viewed Mata as an inverted right-winger. He ended up signing and playing Willian as a replacement.

Salah is Mata's replacement in so much as he'll take his place on the bench....except Salah actually offers what Mourinho wants to play.

he is indeed replacing mata. mata was playing as a RW for Mourinho. Salah is also playing RW. do you think its a coincidence we sell mata and immeadietely sign Salah? of course he is his replacement, if you consider Matas role in our team by now.

Willian is first-choice right-winger. Salah will rotate and come off the bench.

MATA.

WAS.

REPLACED.

BY.

WILL.

I.

AN.

About his defensive skillz:

"In fact, only two outfield players (Shakhtar's Darijo Srna and Porto's Fernando) have recovered possession more times in the Champions League this season than Salah's 44. Meanwhile, no Chelsea attacker has recorded more interceptions than Salah's six, while only Oscar (12) has more tackles than the Egyptian (7) – Mata, as testament to his lack of suitability, has zero"

Oh yeah, the whole 104mins Mata played in our first two CL games where he was trying to adapt to a new system - good comparison.

Whoever said that is an idiot.

Oh yeah, the whole 104mins Mata played in our first two CL games where he was trying to adapt to a new system - good comparison.

Whoever said that is an idiot.

Would you prefer them to have used last season's stats for Mata? because i bet it'd pretty much be the same :D

what do we have here now ? The Jewish owner sign an Arab player ?

The guy has not even signed yet & some of you already designated him as a squad player ? How fucking clueless ?

well, you think that he will get past Hazard, Oscar or Willian? if yes, than you are the one who is clueless :)

he is CLEARLY coming in as a squad player. he is replacing Matas role- who was/is a squad player at the moment. the same thing Salah will be.

@The only place to be:

Mata is our 2nd choice RW. Salah will be our 2nd choice RW now. how isnt he replacing him?! its a DIRECT replacement for Mata. we are talking about the situation of CURRENT mata. which is, that he is the 2nd RW/CAM. And now Salah will take this role.

back to Salah: his stats this year are awful. he wasnt even good in the shit swiss league this season. hopefully he will turn up and show more. still doubting if he has the quality to play for a top-team yet...

Would you prefer them to have used last season's stats for Mata? because i bet it'd pretty much be the same :D

Eh, you mean the system where he was allowed to roam free because he was our attacking fulcrum? Oh yeah, good comparison! You're just as knowledgeable as the other guy!

That's awfully selective of you to just pick 2 CL performances of each player as criteria for comparison. Two years ago Eden was the player of the year in France and the most sought-after footballer on the planet while Salah, as good as his performances against us in the CL were, is not even the best player in a much weaker Swiss league. Even the comparison is hardly fair. Hazard came up against a treble winning Inter and probably the best defense in Europe at the time while Mohammed was against Ivanovic...not exactly Javier Zanetti at RB, is he?

Anyway, take nothing away from Salah who took his chance and has got a move to a top team as a result.

I realize that you are bound to be biased to your countryman and I respect your opinion. My post was of a joke than anything else.

I like this, lets keep talking about this cuz we actually have uncovered a good amount to talk about now.

So lets not overrate Inter's defense during the Benitez era, they were good, but not the best in the world. However I will agree with you that Zanetti was the one marking him and did a fantastic job shutting him down. And true comparing that to Ivanovic is unfair, however when looking at Hazard vs Salah the key point I was making was that Salah was getting shut down by Azpilicueta during the second leg. However the ability to adapt allowed him to find an opening on the other side of the field.

Again granted that we are only looking at a small sample size, it's still impressive in my eyes for a 21 year old to do that.

Secondly lets not overrate Hazard's performance in 2011-12. Hazard scored 20 goals, of which 9 came from the penalty spot. Where Hazard's hidden quality IMO was his 10 assists that year.

Salah this year in UCL scored 5 goals in 10 games, unfortunately i can't find more of his stats right now. And finally Salah was awarded the Swiss player of the year award last month, so they were both atop of their respective leagues at the time of transfer. I honestly think he's going to thrive especially in the EPL where he'll have more space to run around and show his speed.

BTW you have to agree that if these were Benitez's signings last season he would have been shot

True about it been Benitez. Jose just don't sign player that don't have the gear in them, you just know these are Jose signing and he can make an engine from it all

Eh, you mean the system where he was allowed to roam free because he was our attacking fulcrum? Oh yeah, good comparison! You're just as knowledgeable as the other guy!

:doh:

Those 0 tackles in 104 minutes, aren't going to completely change even if he had played more. It's not his style which was the point being made, regardless of system.

Pretty happy with this signing. As many have already said, this isn't a direct replacement for Mata. Mourinho had already decided Mata didn't fit into the system and style of play and has therefore let him leave and instead brought in someone who will fit the system.

Can't comment on much more than his performances against us over the last 2 seasons, but from those games he looks a talent. His pace is obviously a huge asset, but he looked good on the ball and scored some good goals against us.

The signing shows Mourinho wants pace in abundance within his attacking midfielders, which will allow him to play a high pressing game, and when winning the ball up the pitch, we have players with the pace to counter attack and punish teams before they have the opportunity to react. It's therefore not surprising he's let Mata and De Bruyne leave with neither particularly quick.

The other positive is his age. Many questioned how Mourinho would work with younger players as he has always been successful with a more experienced side. However with the exception of Eto'o who was a stop-gap for this season, the rest of his purchases have been younger players which continues to signal a much more long term view and planning from the club.

Ghana an average country?! I have a feeling you have only seen his European games and that's it. Also, he is in a different league compared to Marin.

Compared to a great part of European and South American national teams, Ghana is average. Hardly any world class players in there. I don't think it is relevant to watch how Salah performs against FC St. Gallen or Fc Zürich or shit like that to judge him as a player. He has only played against a few big teams. This was in Europe and of those games i have seen most.

well, you think that he will get past Hazard, Oscar or Willian? if yes, than you are the one who is clueless :)

he is CLEARLY coming in as a squad player. he is replacing Matas role- who was/is a squad player at the moment. the same thing Salah will be.

@The only place to be:

Mata is our 2nd choice RW. Salah will be our 2nd choice RW now. how isnt he replacing him?! its a DIRECT replacement for Mata. we are talking about the situation of CURRENT mata. which is, that he is the 2nd RW/CAM. And now Salah will take this role.

back to Salah: his stats this year are awful. he wasnt even good in the shit swiss league this season. hopefully he will turn up and show more. still doubting if he has the quality to play for a top-team yet...

Who said he will get to replace Hazard, Oscar or William ? Read the fucking posting first. His role will be to introduce width into the lineup. He may start in certain games or may come in later.

Meanwhile, you already know he is there to replace Mata & be a squad player ? LOL.

It seems, you THE BIG EXPERT TOLI know more than Jose who signed Salah, lol.

I like this, lets keep talking about this cuz we actually have uncovered a good amount to talk about now.

So lets not overrate Inter's defense during the Benitez era, they were good, but not the best in the world. However I will agree with you that Zanetti was the one marking him and did a fantastic job shutting him down. And true comparing that to Ivanovic is unfair, however when looking at Hazard vs Salah the key point I was making was that Salah was getting shut down by Azpilicueta during the second leg. However the ability to adapt allowed him to find an opening on the other side of the field.

Again granted that we are only looking at a small sample size, it's still impressive in my eyes for a 21 year old to do that.

Secondly lets not overrate Hazard's performance in 2011-12. Hazard scored 20 goals, of which 9 came from the penalty spot. Where Hazard's hidden quality IMO was his 10 assists that year.

Salah this year in UCL scored 5 goals in 10 games, unfortunately i can't find more of his stats right now. And finally Salah was awarded the Swiss player of the year award last month, so they were both atop of their respective leagues at the time of transfer. I honestly think he's going to thrive especially in the EPL where he'll have more space to run around and show his speed.

Agree with every word that is in there, just not with the conclusion that Salah is now better than Eden was 2 years ago. But there is no doubt that Mohammed is a special talent and has immense potential. Let's hope Jose can help him achieve that potential.