Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Alright lets clear up a few things right now lol :)

I know that he's your countryman and you obviously are biased towards him. But better than Hazard?

!إنت بجد ولا فوتوشوب؟

:Goober:

I never said he is currently better than hazard. If you look at my post history, I joined after Hazard signed for Chelsea to just lurk and see what people were saying, and I must say I was impressed by the amount of knowledge people had of him. Nothing major but they knew his skills and characteristics. This time around it seems that people know much less about him, which is strange since he beat you guys twice.

What i said is that Salah right now is better than Hazard was two years ago. Two years ago in UCL with Lille Hazrd couldn't touch Inter's defense and looked like he was completely lost. However Salah was able to break down chelsea's defense in a home and away series. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

In the second leg Salah was lined up against Azpilicueta for the entire match and as soon as he drifted towards Ivanovic's side and found someone he could outrun, he scores the game winner minutes after. Regardless of that being a manger change or if he noticed it himself, the fact that he was able to adapt on the fly is a very rare commodity at his age.

I feel sorry for Salah on two levels.

1) Going from Mata to Salah is underwhelming to say the very least. A lot of fans with direct their anger towards this guy, but he really isn't the problem.

2) He simply won't develop properly with Hazard/Willian ahead of him. He needs constant game time and, bar a massive injury plague, he won't get that here.

How is going from Mata to Salah underwhelming? Salah's natural position is a Winger not a CAM like Mata is. So basically chelsea unloaded a CAM that they weren't using out of the 4 they have on staff, and replaced him with a Winger and gained a 26 mil pound profit......seems like good business to me.

Also, considering Jose's favorite formation that he used at Inter & Real (4-2-3-1) and all three player's versatility, I could see any of them line up as a Winger/CAM so this gives Jose millions of opportunites to rotate. but ideally I'd play them as

Hazard - Oscar - Salah

or

Willian - Hazard - Salah

Its stupid because he can't even lace Mata's boots. Mata isn't the profile Mourinho wants but hes still better than every other player we have except for Hazard possibly, we are selling Mata so we should replace him with someone just as good so we would still have a very good squad. Salah is good but hes hardly a touch on Mata.

Lol..............different position, Mata has already been replaced hence why he isn't being used since he is exclusively a CAM.

Don't get me wrong i love Mata but it's been pretty obvious he isn't fitting with what Jose wants to do so why keep him around? Instead reinforce a position that is crucial to his favorite formation?

He's a winger too.

I know, but in a 4-2-3-1 we got 3 AMs, one left one right, one central.

Anyway. I hope mou knows what he is doing exchanging Juan fuckin Mata with some random Egyptian speed merchan, who only impressed in those 4 games vs us.

Anyway. I hope mou knows what he is doing exchanging Juan fuckin Mata with some random Egyptian speed merchan, who only impressed in those 4 games vs us.

How many games of salah have you actually watched?

Only impressed against Chelsea... Wake up please. Just look at this international record of starters. He HAS proven himself on the World stage.

LOL! Salah was better than Hazard was two years ago? This is ridiculous.

Let's completely forget that Hazard was player of the year in France. Salah hasn't even achieved that in Switzerland.

He did, so not sure what you are talking about. LOL!

Can we take it easy with this anti-semite stuff? First of all, Salah is a semite himself (Arab), I doubt he's self-hating. Secondly, I highly doubt the rumor is true to begin with.

You are right about that, I was confused. But lets say he has the wrong opinion about the world's politics.

LOL! Salah was better than Hazard was two years ago? This is ridiculous.

Let's completely forget that Hazard was player of the year in France. Salah hasn't even achieved that in Switzerland.

You're also overrating the French league 2 years ago.....this was before PSG & Monaco got new owners

How many games of salah have you actually watched?

Only impressed against Chelsea... Wake up please. Just look at this international record of starters. He HAS proven himself on the World stage.

He has proven himself vs some village teams from Switzerland+some average African countries. The only decent teams he has performed against are us and Spurs, both teams have not exactly been impressive in the RB department in these games. He is just like Marin, maybe a tad faster and younger, but just as one-dimensional and only signed based on a couple of decent games against quality oppositons, in which they accidentally performed well. After German Messi Marin we now got Egyptian Messi salah. i'd much rather keep the only juan. We also got atsu, who is exactly the same fuckin player as Salah, just not as hyped.

Lol wut?

K, Salah is good. But replacing Mata with Sala is like replacing CRonaldo with Antonio VAlencia. We still got Moses, Atsu, Piazon etc out on loan. I doubt that Salah is so much better than those... How many AMs does a club need?

What people don't get is that we replaced mata with Oscar.

Mata plays in that role but Oscar made it his thus pushing him to the wings. In which 9 times out of 10 he was going to fail with the likes of Willian.

Now salah is just replacing the role that mata was having, that of a sub.

Alright lets clear up a few things right now lol :)

I never said he is currently better than hazard. If you look at my post history, I joined after Hazard signed for Chelsea to just lurk and see what people were saying, and I must say I was impressed by the amount of knowledge people had of him. Nothing major but they knew his skills and characteristics. This time around it seems that people know much less about him, which is strange since he beat you guys twice.

What i said is that Salah right now is better than Hazard was two years ago. Two years ago in UCL with Lille Hazrd couldn't touch Inter's defense and looked like he was completely lost. However Salah was able to break down chelsea's defense in a home and away series. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

In the second leg Salah was lined up against Azpilicueta for the entire match and as soon as he drifted towards Ivanovic's side and found someone he could outrun, he scores the game winner minutes after. Regardless of that being a manger change or if he noticed it himself, the fact that he was able to adapt on the fly is a very rare commodity at his age.

That's awfully selective of you to just pick 2 CL performances of each player as criteria for comparison. Two years ago Eden was the player of the year in France and the most sought-after footballer on the planet while Salah, as good as his performances against us in the CL were, is not even the best player in a much weaker Swiss league. Even the comparison is hardly fair. Hazard came up against a treble winning Inter and probably the best defense in Europe at the time while Mohammed was against Ivanovic...not exactly Javier Zanetti at RB, is he?

Anyway, take nothing away from Salah who took his chance and has got a move to a top team as a result.

I realize that you are bound to be biased to your countryman and I respect your opinion. My post was of a joke than anything else.

About his defensive skillz:

"In fact, only two outfield players (Shakhtar's Darijo Srna and Porto's Fernando) have recovered possession more times in the Champions League this season than Salah's 44. Meanwhile, no Chelsea attacker has recorded more interceptions than Salah's six, while only Oscar (12) has more tackles than the Egyptian (7) – Mata, as testament to his lack of suitability, has zero"

How is going from Mata to Salah underwhelming? Salah's natural position is a Winger not a CAM like Mata is. So basically chelsea unloaded a CAM that they weren't using out of the 4 they have on staff, and replaced him with a Winger and gained a 26 mil pound profit......seems like good business to me.

Also, considering Jose's favorite formation that he used at Inter & Real (4-2-3-1) and all three player's versatility, I could see any of them line up as a Winger/CAM so this gives Jose millions of opportunites to rotate. but ideally I'd play them as

Hazard - Oscar - Salah

or

Willian - Hazard - Salah

Not my point. Please see:

Mata was a squad player at Mourinho's Chelsea and that is what Salah is now - a bench player. There is always going to be an element of disappointment if we get £37m to spend and just sign a squad player. I know a squad player is still needed to replace Mata, but I don't believe we are particularly stronger than before. Only United have been strengthened.

Anyway, if this was going to be the case, why not just keep Mata until the summer and sell him abroad? Sure, you may not get £37m for him, but you won't have to fucking spend £11m on another young player who won't get a proper chance to fully develop here either. We could've waited until the summer, sold Mata for less but could've picked from Traore, Piazon, Hazard etc. to take his place while not strengthening our rivals, and not spending another £11m and giving our current youth a fucking chance for a change.