Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

WTF how on Earth did a debate about his religion got into this. Also fasting for a couple of weeks won't damage his strength or physical performance by any bit as he will surely has made it up after by eating more. Using fasting as an excuse/reason to berate him is unacceptable.

Religion is the most important thing to Muslims. So he is basically explaining Salah's point of view regarding fasting that was called "moronic", by a fellow member. Just like the only place said family in your culture comes first. It is a matter of different cultures. No need to take this further mate. Let us keep it with football performance. We aren't here to challenge each others faiths of believes. Deal mate?

Then he should have made that more clear.

Why should we have to see dogma on a football forum?

Then he should have made that more clear.

Why should we have to see dogma on a football forum?

As I said, someone "unintentionally" bashed fasting which is an important matter for Muslims. It is cool as this person doesn't take swings at others intentionally. To my understanding on this forum we have views from all over the world with different cultures. So I see no harm in trying to understand each other and getting along despite of our differences and backgrounds. No need for anyone to go on the offense really. I hope it is all cool mate. :)

Moronic is calling his beliefs that...

What's the problem fasting in two weeks of pre-season? Players did it during the World Cup, why doing it during a few worthless game should be held against him?

I get it that people in Europe don't feel that spiritual these days and it's hard for them to understand people making sacrifices in the name of their beliefs, but respect towards one's beliefs is universal, regardless of how secular, agnostic and non-believer one can be.

I don't think two weeks of fasting will affect his pre-season in such a way his whole season is compromised.

That said I don't believe some of the issues he showed had anything to do with fasting. If he could run like he did, but didn't know what to do with the ball or had bad finishing it has more to do with lack of rhythm and/or confidence than something physical caused by his lack of energy/food.

Hey B - see my point about decision making when fasting/dieting - makes the brain poor - google it - it's like REALLY noticeable - a quick injection of sugar into the blood and the brain lights up again and people can suddenly do what they couldn't 5 mins prior..,

It's not a 100% excuse - but research and my own observations show it does affect people (guys at work - forgetting basic stuff)

Hey B - see my point about decision making when fasting/dieting - makes the brain poor - google it - it's like REALLY noticeable - a quick injection of sugar into the blood and the brain lights up again and people can suddenly do what they couldn't 5 mins prior..,

It's not a 100% excuse - but research and my own observations show it does affect people (guys at work - forgetting basic stuff)

I stand corrected then :)

Either way, it's his right to choose to do it, and I don't think in a moment like the first couple of weeks of pre-season it's a huge factor or detractor.

He'll be fine physically the rest of the season.

I stand corrected then :)

Either way, it's his right to choose to do it, and I don't think in a moment like the first couple of weeks of pre-season it's a huge factor or detractor.

He'll be fine physically the rest of the season.

Heh not trying to correct you :) just pointing out what I believe to be a contributing factor. I admire the guy - I don't think I could do it - so I guess he has lots of guts, determination and desire to do this.

I think he will be fine for the rest of the season too - it's not all about physical condition, mental strength is also hugely important - and like I say his mental attributes must be good to be so disciplined - so I'm cool with the situation ;)

We call this thing "black fast" in Romania - no food and water until the sun comes down. Young people don't do it, but old people do it during important events.

I know it's a hard thing to do and that's why I'm asking the Egyptian guys - do you know for sure he is fasting?

I mean, how can anyone train twice a day and not eat or drink water? Or play a football match at 19:30 local time in Austria w/o eating and drinking water all day?

We call this thing "black fast" in Romania - no food and water until the sun comes down. Young people don't do it, but old people do it during important events.

I know it's a hard thing to do and that's why I'm asking the Egyptian guys - do you know for sure he is fasting?

I mean, how can anyone train twice a day and not eat or drink water? Or play a football match at 19:30 local time in Austria w/o eating and drinking water all day?

We start doing it at the age of 7 :). Salah, is also known to be a religious guy. So 90% that he is fasting as we are only exempted (as Muslims), if we are ill, or traveling.

We have a special amatuer Rmadan tournaments all over the Arab world. Here in Kuwait, we sometimes play before breaking fast. The temperature is in the upper 40s. :) Once your system gets used to it, it becomes very much bearable. Plus, it is so spiritual, so that kinda gives you a boost to stand it.

from egyptian iam telling u ...yes we all do even if u not much religious.. its something u used on when u hit 15 years old in our country its something deep in our culture related to our religion and we dont complain about it we respect it

We start doing it at the age of 7 :). Salah, is also known to be a religious guy. So 90% that he is fasting as we are only exempted (as Muslims), if we are ill, or traveling.

We have a special amatuer Rmadan tournaments all over the Arab world. Here in Kuwait, we sometimes play before breaking fast. The temperature is in the upper 40s. :) Once your system gets used to it, it becomes very much bearable. Plus, it is so spiritual, so that kinda gives you a boost to stand it.

Wow! That's crazy! At work today I was exhausted cause all I hate was some noodled and crackers. Idk how you guys do it, respect!

Just appeared?, educate yourself ffs, evolution is fact, and no.. we can't outlive ours brains.

You are not your parents, you can educate yourself.. 90% of religious people were forced into it.. like Liverpool fans ;) . Read books.

Actually, no it isn't, lol. It's a religious belief system.

Yep. Thought as much.