test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

22. Willian

Started by Jason,

5,594 posts in this topic
20 hours ago, Pizy said:

Too fucking bad Mahrez is about to (idiotically) join City. Would've been the ideal Willian upgrade who could've taken our attack up a level. Here he could've been a nailed on starter playing every match and being an important piece. Instead he goes to sit on City's bench more often than not since they have Sterling and Sané who are far too good to lose their spots.

You think? Pep dropped Henry after a title winning season, i could see Mahrez taking Sterlings place pretty quickly.

I would take £50m and a year loan deal for dembele for willian
Where would that leave us this time next year, then?
the wes likes this

20 hours ago, DYC. said:

Chels can't afford another year without CL football. If that happens the club will get left behind. So if they sell Willian they better sign a player who's at least as good as the Brazilian. And that's harder to pull off than most seem to think.

Even if the worse comes to the fore on that score, Pedro is infinity times more suited to Sarriball than Willian.

kellzfresh likes this

22 hours ago, Stats said:

There is a reason we are rejecting £50m for him and you have the best team in the world going in for him.

Real Madrid bid for him?

I hope those that criticised Hazard for not wholeheartedly committing himself to the club keep that same energy for Willian.

I didn't think there were that many, as he's rightfully waiting to see what direction the club are going in.

The club should be shot of Willian the moment any of these rumours come to fruition.

still rather sell him outside the league
We really shouldn't be concerned where he goes, if the club manages to get £50m~.

Just now, LAM09 said:
5 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:
still rather sell him outside the league

We really shouldn't be concerned where he goes, if the club manages to get £50m~.

we seem to have a habit of letting players come back to bite us id rather he still go outside PL especially since the offer is the same - if all is to believed.

we seem to have a habit of letting players come back to bite us id rather he still go outside PL especially since the offer is the same - if all is to believed.

Matic hasn't done that IMO & Willian is almost 30.   

However, it's obviously a no-brainer if both clubs offer the same fee (transfer deadline is different btw). I just can't see Barcelona doing that

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Matic hasn't done that IMO & Willian is almost 30.   

However, it's obviously a no-brainer if both clubs offer the same fee (transfer deadline is different btw). I just can't see Barcelona doing that

Matic helped united to second place finish while we limped into 5th but we are on same page so its neither here nor there. if barca bid thats the only option to let him go i'd soon rather keep him then sell to utd again

Matic helped united to second place finish while we limped into 5th but we are on same page so its neither here nor there. if barca bid thats the only option to let him go i'd soon rather keep him then sell to utd again
Utd spent stupid amounts of money and still couldn't mount a serious challenge. Matic wasn't the reason either club finished in their respective positions.

Our window closes on 9th August whilst La Liga is the end of August. There's multiple things to consider, so it isn't as cut and dry as you've tried to make out. Swiftly getting rid for a good price would be ideal.
Miguelito likes this

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Utd spent stupid amounts of money and still couldn't mount a serious challenge. Matic wasn't the reason either club finished in their respective positions.

Our window closes on 9th August whilst La Liga is the end of August. There's multiple things to consider, so it isn't as cut and dry as you've tried to make out. Swiftly getting rid for a good price would be ideal.

I think we missed matic more than united benefited from his presence. I was under no illusion that he was irreplaceable, but we obviously did not get a proper cm to partner kante, which did hurt us. no player is irreplaceable, not even Eden. It just takes money and talent to do it, both of which we seem to be lacking lately.

Willian returned to his regular self against Belgium. Not really surprising that the team looked a lot better once Douglas costa was brought in. Whoever buys him must be only looking for his tactical contribution.

11Drogba likes this