André Schürrle

BlueLion.

People mention Hazard, Oscar and Salah's ages all the time and they seem to forget André is only two months older than Eden and only around one year older than Oscar. Why the other two have people defending they need time to develop and everyone come here and crucify André?

He's only 23 and he's already a WC champion and he wasn't there only to collect a medal. That trophy has his name written with his sweat and hard working. He earned being a WC (although Germany is a great, great team). He's a hard worker, in and off the pitch. He has the best attitude about our club in our squad apart from the English players. He's a very positive player. He's been going through a bad finishing form and maybe a tad too selfish, but he's still worked his arse off every match. Sometimes the ball just doesn't go in. Nobody seems to give him credit for getting in those position in the first place. He can only miss a chance, if he's there to collect the chance. His positioning and runs - which have always been his forte - are still as good as always. His finishing has always had ups and downs here, but last year it wasn't much noticeable because we didn't have a certain Cesc Fàbregas leaving people in front of the goalie right and left. Last season Hazard and Oscar took turns creating things, and for a while at the end of the season, none of them did much of creating work. So he had less chances, not because he wasn't there, but because he didn't get service. how many times did we comment on a play where he was in a great position, outstretched arms and nobody passed to him?

He's a very cold player, he doesn't fear the responsibility, pressure or the goalie, but his finishing isn't the end product yet, because the guy is only 23!!!! He needs support. He took his Twitter account to ask us to be patient with him, that the goals would come, can we just do something totally new as supporters and actually support a player that has been giving us his best ever since he's here? Diego Costa missed a sitter ineach of the last two matches he's played for us and 'only' scored once between those two matches. Should we start bad mouthing him too? I know Schurrle missed more, but he's younger, less experienced and while Costa is on his peak years already, André is only getting there. So let's try these new things called support and patience?

Come to think of it, I think he is playing better as a left winger. If I could remember, Hazard and him not often changing position. I think it is not a bad idea they could sometimes changing position during the match.

Spot on. Most of Schurrle's best games for Chelsea are where Hazard has played more centrally and he has been able to play on the left. His natural game is to come inside.

People mention Hazard, Oscar and Salah's ages all the time and they seem to forget André is only two months older than Eden and only around one year older than Oscar. Why the other two have people defending they need time to develop and everyone come here and crucify André?

He's only 23 and he's already a WC champion and he wasn't there only to collect a medal. That trophy has his name written with his sweat and hard working. He earned being a WC (although Germany is a great, great team). He's a hard worker, in and off the pitch. He has the best attitude about our club in our squad apart from the English players. He's a very positive player. He's been going through a bad finishing form and maybe a tad too selfish, but he's still worked his arse off every match. Sometimes the ball just doesn't go in. Nobody seems to give him credit for getting in those position in the first place. He can only miss a chance, if he's there to collect the chance. His positioning and runs - which have always been his forte - are still as good as always. His finishing has always had ups and downs here, but last year it wasn't much noticeable because we didn't have a certain Cesc Fàbregas leaving people in front of the goalie right and left. Last season Hazard and Oscar took turns creating things, and for a while at the end of the season, none of them did much of creating work. So he had less chances, not because he wasn't there, but because he didn't get service. how many times did we comment on a play where he was in a great position, outstretched arms and nobody passed to him?

He's a very cold player, he doesn't fear the responsibility, pressure or the goalie, but his finishing isn't the end product yet, because the guy is only 23!!!! He needs support. He took his Twitter account to ask us to be patient with him, that the goals would come, can we just do something totally new as supporters and actually support a player that has been giving us his best ever since he's here? Diego Costa missed a sitter ineach of the last two matches he's played for us and 'only' scored once between those two matches. Should we start bad mouthing him too? I know Schurrle missed more, but he's younger, less experienced and while Costa is on his peak years already, André is only getting there. So let's try these new things called support and patience?

Well, Mikel isn't playing much, Ramires is out injured, so some fellas need a scapegoat, a player to constantly moan and exaggerate about...

Well, Mikel isn't playing much, Ramires is out injured, so some fellas need a scapegoat, a player to constantly moan and exaggerate about...

that's normally Oscar, but after two goals and working his arse off against Arsenal his scapegoat status was for there for the taking.

Schurrle deserves some criticism, but also our support. He's a great utility player, a very smart guy. He's not nearly as talented as Willian, let alone Hazard, but it won't surprise me at all if he ends up with more goals than both at the end of the season. When you're smart about your positioning and has a fairly decent finishing, the numbers speak for themselves. We actually have a very balanced squad with players offering different options, which is every manager's dream come true. Some matches are much more suitable for André than the others, and having him only makes our arsenal (lol) all more threatening and dangerous.

that's normally Oscar, but after two goals and working his arse off against Arsenal his scapegoat status was for there for the taking.

Schurrle deserves some criticism, but also our support. He's a great utility player, a very smart guy. He's not nearly as talented as Willian, let alone Hazard, but it won't surprise me at all if he ends up with more goals than both at the end of the season. When you're smart about your positioning and has a fairly decent finishing, the numbers speak for themselves. We actually have a very balanced squad with players offering different options, which is every manager's dream come true. Some matches are much more suitable for André than the others, and having him only makes our arsenal (lol) all more threatening and dangerous.

I wouldn't say Willian is more talented than Schurrle. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses that almost cancel one another out.

I wouldn't say Willian is more talented than Schurrle. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses that almost cancel one another out.

No, Willian is definitely more talented. Actually I believe he's our second most talented player - only behind Hazard. He can dribble, pick a pass, finish a goal. He just doesn't have any end product to go with it. that's my opinion anyway...

No, Willian is definitely more talented. Actually I believe he's our second most talented player - only behind Oscar. He can dribble, pick a pass, finish a goal. He just doesn't have any end product to go with it. that's my opinion anyway...

Where does Hazard rank? O_o

No, Willian is definitely more talented. Actually I believe he's our second most talented player - only behind Oscar. He can dribble, pick a pass, finish a goal. He just doesn't have any end product to go with it. that's my opinion anyway...

I think Willian isn't the player we thought we were buying. He is decent, but doesn't offer much par his workrate.

Nothing wrong about people expressing disappointment in a player who's been terrible in the past few games. That's perfectly normal as football fans are generally fickle in their views. That's the point of a football forum, isn't it, so it's not "scapegoating". I'm yet to see anyone seriously calling for his head or anything of the sort.

Nothing wrong about people expressing disappointment in a player who's been terrible in the past few games. That's perfectly normal as football fans are generally fickle in their views. That's the point of a football forum, isn't it, so it's not "scapegoating". I'm yet to see anyone seriously calling for his head or anything of the sort.

That word is branded about a bit too much. The only real bit of scapegoating I have seen on this forum lately was by Phil Driver with Mikel and Flash with Eto'o (Torres doesn't count, he deserved every inch of stick that he got), it seems these days criticism leads to accusing of scapegoating.

Easy to answer. I think the majority of the Chelsea fans consider Hazard and Oscar to have bigger potential then Schurrle so people are more inclined to defend them and give them time.

Though the main culprit for all the exaggerated criticism is the World Cup. Don't know what it is about the WC but everybody just goes batshit crazy.

The expectations people had for Schurrle after the WC were just ridiculous. Suddenly half the forum changed their favorite player to Schurrle and had a picture of him as their avatar and everyone was convinced that he was gonna cement that right wing position.

Schurrle is good player but he's not a player you can depend on to start for 40-50 games a season and do great. Maybe when he gets a bit older but for now he's a super sub.