Spike

Griezmann doesn't fit our current way of playing at the moment. He's not strong enough to lead the line on his own and he certainly won't be a winger like we/Mourinho want in the wide positions. He'll likely end up going down the same road as Salah, Cuadrado, Schurrle etc if we get him. If we want to get a winger, then get a proper one. If we want to get a striker, then get an out-and-out striker. Enough with the square pegs in round holes. We've wasted so much money in recent years doing that.

he is good enough to change the system for. especially a rubbish system like ours

Griezmann doesn't fit our current way of playing at the moment. He's not strong enough to lead the line on his own and he certainly won't be a winger like we/Mourinho want in the wide positions. He'll likely end up going down the same road as Salah, Cuadrado, Schurrle etc if we get him. If we want to get a winger, then get a proper one. If we want to get a striker, then get an out-and-out striker. Enough with the square pegs in round holes. We've wasted so much money in recent years doing that.

The fuck is an 'out-and-out-striker'? He plays as a CF doesn't he? IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YE?

The fuck is an 'out-and-out-striker'? He plays as a CF doesn't he? IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YE?

He plays as a striker but I don't really consider him to be a natural one. Only at Atletico Madrid he became one because Simeone converted him and I think he works better with a strike partner upfront rather than one striker system we play.

He plays as a striker but I don't really consider him to be a natural one. Only at Atletico Madrid he became one because Simeone converted him and I think he works better with a strike partner upfront rather than one striker system we play.

What does that even mean? Bloody hell, that is weird thing to say. Thierry Henry was a winger, as was Del Piero and Messi at certain points in their careers. So Jas, but that is just silly semantics you are worried about.

What does that even mean? Bloody hell, that is weird thing to say. Thierry Henry was a winger, as was Del Piero and Messi at certain points in their careers. So Jas, but that is just silly semantics you are worried about.

My point is that Griezmann wasn't brought up and trained to be a striker to begin with. He only became one at Atletico Madrid and even then I doubt his ability to lead the line on his own. Would rather us get a specialized striker, someone who has been playing and training as one since their youth days.

Imo Griezmann is not even close to someone who will lead our line nevermind under Mou. Maybe it would work if we get someone like Guardiola but even that is a stretch.

Yeah Griz is good finisher and good with ball but would he actualy suit in PL? He is lightweight and Im not just talking about his height or weight or workrate. He doesnt have the balance like Aguero for example. Imo Griezman in current chelsea would work like Cuadrado. His holdup play is nowhwere near suitable for PL and defenders. He would get crushed if he was our main striker with Haz, Oscar and Pedro or Willian behind. And Cesc in middle. We would be lightweight as fuck. And if people want to keep Mou, I dont know how they also want us to play fluid football with skill players like Griezmann. The only way to play under Mou ancient tacitcs is to get old school players. Barkley, Lukaku/Benteke etc.

If we insist with Mou and his tactics only way is to get someone like Drogba. Someone who can push through defence and still has good ball play and finish to be good allround striker. Good luck finding one such striker.

Football is evolving. You cant play Mou tactics with players like Cesc, Pedro, Griezmann. There is a reason we had workers like Lamps, Drogba, Ballack, Essien etc and not fancy playerd ala Kaka' Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Sheva,...

Ffs if club is looking to keep Mou then bring players that suit him.

We already missed on Vidal, Aurier, Otamendi, or even cheaper players like Allan.

Martinez and Torres are the out-and-out strikers, the number #9s. They lead the line, keep the CBs busy, act as the target men, hold the ball (as best as they can), make runs to stretch the defence and move into the box to receive passes and crosses. While Griezmann has complete freedom in his movement and roams around, offers a passing option between the lines and out wide, will run in behind at times and make late runs into the box (leaving him unmarked and giving him a head start in terms of moving towards the ball).

Griezmann isn't suited to the #9 role. It's the same with Cristiano Ronaldo on the left wing vs him in the middle. He becomes lost in the middle even though he's a pseudo-striker on the left wing (or a pseudo-winger that's actually a striker, you know what I mean). They don't know how to play with restricted movement or how to patiently wait and pick the right positions to receive the ball (and play with back to goal). And they both need their decoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Antoine Griezmann could move to Chelsea next summer, possibly in a swap deal involving Diego Costa, according to Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Terry Gibson.

One of my favourite players right now, but can he lead the line as a single striker in the prem? I'd prefer him as a second striker right behind Costa. This guy can seriously finish though.

Antoine Griezmann could move to Chelsea next summer, possibly in a swap deal involving Diego Costa, according to Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Terry Gibson.

Do you think he want to join a team possibly loses the qualification for the next-season Champions League?

He is no striker, don't fool yourself. He is Schurrle on steroids.

not really.

you are right that he is not a striker. but he is a brilliant second striker. he is not so effective on the wings. but technically, he is very good, his finishing is brilliant.

a perfect player for a 4-4-2. not sure we can play it with the likes of hazard and cunt fiberglass in the team. ATM can afford to play 4-4-2 because koke is god's gift to humanity. his workrate is just brilliant, his technique anywhere on the pitch is awesome. he can cover defensively as well as not be handicapped in attack.

so, i honestly dont think antoine is the player we need, but nonetheless, he is a brilliant player.

not really.

you are right that he is not a striker. but he is a brilliant second striker. he is not so effective on the wings. but technically, he is very good, his finishing is brilliant.

a perfect player for a 4-4-2. not sure we can play it with the likes of hazard and cunt fiberglass in the team. ATM can afford to play 4-4-2 because koke is god's gift to humanity. his workrate is just brilliant, his technique anywhere on the pitch is awesome. he can cover defensively as well as not be handicapped in attack.

so, i honestly dont think antoine is the player we need, but nonetheless, he is a brilliant player.

If I recall correctly, Schurrle was winger/second striker who always had nose for goal and made those runs behind defense, scoring goals with his good scoring ability (like THAT goal assisted by Fabregas at start of last season). Maybe not for us, but before that.

So, maybe I'm wrong on Schurrle, yes, but not on Griez Griez, I know what a player he is. :D

Do you think he want to join a team possibly loses the qualification for the next-season Champions League?

Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money MoneyMoney Money Money Money Money Money Money

Yeah he should supplement as opposed to replace Diego, who also still has lots to give for the team. We could trade Oscar in for him, perhaps.

However, it would be at the expense of Cesc and putting in somebody like Pasalic next to Matic to shore up the more empty midfield, and in tougher games playing orthodox fullbacks (ie x RB and Dave on the left)

I'd cough up for him though. A deadly finisher is just what we need. However unless Pasalic comes with him I'd wait for the summer, Ramires won't be able to cut it imo especially having to carry the ball up the field more.

Yeah he should supplement as opposed to replace Diego, who also still has lots to give for the team. We could trade Oscar in for him, perhaps.

However, it would be at the expense of Cesc and putting in somebody like Pasalic next to Matic to shore up the more empty midfield, and in tougher games playing orthodox fullbacks (ie x RB and Dave on the left)

I'd cough up for him though. A deadly finisher is just what we need. However unless Pasalic comes with him I'd wait for the summer, Ramires won't be able to cut it imo especially having to carry the ball up the field more.

Use ruben/ mikel

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You