test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eviltwinz93

Youth Team Jeremie Boga

Started by Eviltwinz93,

460 posts in this topic

The most important thing is that he's getting starter's minutes in Granada. His loan to Rennes was just a waste of everyone's time. He's one of the best teenage talents in Europe and they treated him like he was a scrub. 

Jeremie Boga and Granada: A Loan Match Made in Heaven for the Chelsea Youngster bleacherreport.com/articles/26619… via @bleacherreport

Too bad Granada play utterly shite football. Hopefully, with all the new loans they got, they start playing better. The more they start playing possession, the more chances for Boga.

Musonda better start scoring goals cause if Boga outscores him this season, I'd put Boga ahead of Musonda.

On 09/12/2016 at 8:33 PM, Blue Colored Sky said:

On fire again today. 

Wouldn't say he was on fire but decent performance. Finally looking like he's going to cement a place in the first XI. Now we need him to push on and become one of, if not their main player. 

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Wouldn't say he was on fire but decent performance. Finally looking like he's going to cement a place in the first XI. Now we need him to push on and become one of, if not their main player. 

I wrote it after the first half and he was the best player on the pitch by that time. He was quiet in the second half. 

Tbh it's hopeless regardless how he plays. He is surrounded by donkeys. He starts so many moves that are wasted by complete lack of vision from his teammates. Same thing that was at Rennes. Is decent ball back when he runs at speed so much to ask? Apparently yes. He was in the mood on Friday yet he didn't even get one single goalscoring chance. Ffs. Put him in technical team even of high standards and he won't look out of place. 

At least he is improving tactically and defensively. His skills are already on highest standard so it's good it looks like he's getting better in other aspects. 

But can't feel other than another wasted year. Fighting for relegation in shit team yet someone like Coman is playing for Bayern. Musonda wasted, Boga wasted, Colkett playing in League One. Put them together in one team so at least they're surrounded with quality. 

The Skipper and DDA like this

Granada have been the most consistently shit team in La Liga for a decade. Other teams have come and gone, but none have stunk as much as this team. It'd be like Barcelona sending one of their best youth products to Sunderland on loan, thinking that out of all the teams, they're the ones who'll bring out the best from their player. Absolutely mental. 

DDA likes this

3 hours ago, ja1 said:

Boga goal against Granada, nice finish too and good movement

Goal against Barca ain't too shabby I guess , how has this loan went ? I see he has played like 12+games , will have to step up a level or 2  next season somewhere on loan.

missed a great chance for his second, with a very weak left footed shot. Looks dangerous, but kind of heavy, not nimble

10 hours ago, mccg said:

Goal against Barca ain't too shabby I guess , how has this loan went ? I see he has played like 12+games , will have to step up a level or 2  next season somewhere on loan.

Being completely outshone by United's Pereira unfortunately. 

mccg and nyikolajevics like this

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

This guy is just like Kakuta.. Amazing talents, but they both lack many things to be top footballers.

Boga needs to be playing in a better team. Granada are really poor. Put him a good team and we would see more of him. It was like Brown at Rotherham. He struggled there because he was in a poor team but as soon as he goes to Huddersfield and playing with much more quality players, you see how useful he is. Boga should be at a better team because he is so talented.

Boga needs to be playing in a better team. Granada are really poor. Put him a good team and we would see more of him. It was like Brown at Rotherham. He struggled there because he was in a poor team but as soon as he goes to Huddersfield and playing with much more quality players, you see how useful he is. Boga should be at a better team because he is so talented.

Played 27 games in a decent Rennes side last season where an unknown quantity (Dembele) shone in half a season. I honestly have watched very little of him, but he doesn't seem like someone that will ever get a look in.

The Skipper likes this

On 11/12/2016 at 6:38 PM, DDA said:

He can dribble at speed like a baby on the back of a motorbike but he really needs to learn when to release the ball.

Gaël Kakuta was like aswell look the way he end up I hope I'm wrong I just see him has another Gaël Kakuta 

5 hours ago, Stats said:

I don't know, he wasn't really impressive at Rennes either. Contrast someone like Pereira who's in the same team as him and still doing relatively well... huge question marks on whether Jeremie can make it at the very top level. 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

5 hours ago, the wes said:

Gaël Kakuta was like aswell look the way he end up I hope I'm wrong I just see him has another Gaël Kakuta 

I think Jed's case is very different to Gael's and much more worrying for the academy.

The first time I saw Gael play, in a youth team game at Stamford Bridge, I posted to say that I felt he had no chance to make it at top level. With Jed, my equivalent post rated his chances at 50/50, though I admitted soon afterward that this was a bit optimistic. Even so his trajectory since then has been disappointing. Disappointing and concerning.

Despite the rave reviews Gael received when he first came to our attention, there were, and are, flaws in his game. Flaws which are fixed, and which severely limit his prospects. There are also flaws in Jed's game of course, but these seem to me to be of a different nature. He doesn't lack technique and he doesn't lack physique. He has the tools but he has not learned to use them effectively. Well not effectively enough anyway.

I've often made the point that an academy can't promise to turn a youngster into a first teamer. They can only promise to make him the best player he can be. I'm not sure that's been fulfilled in Jed's case. I have similar concerns over RLC's development. I don't think he's as good as he should be. These are the only two players where I have any doubt the coaching input but their example doesn't make me ready to condem Cobham. I would want to ask Neil Bath some questions if I had the chance however.