Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

I find it baffling when in the last 2 years I'm reading more about Solanke, Brown, Baker, Chalobah, Ake etc. than Boga. Jeremie is simply the most naturally gifted and the best talent I've seen and it just shows who actually watches youth. I made a bet with myself that if Boga won't make it here or at the top then I stop watching youth simply because you can't find better talent so it doesn't make sense to have interest in it.

BTW at least for me it's bit encouraging that they apparently rejected plethora of clubs like Marseille because they didn't agree to assure playing time - something I hope Rennes did as logic suggests.

I find it baffling when in the last 2 years I'm reading more about Solanke, Brown, Baker, Chalobah, Ake etc. than Boga. Jeremie is simply the most naturally gifted and the best talent I've seen and it just shows who actually watches youth. I made a bet with myself that if Boga won't make it here or at the top then I stop watching youth simply because you can't find better talent so it doesn't make sense to have interest in it.

BTW at least for me it's bit encouraging that they apparently rejected plethora of clubs like Marseille because they didn't agree to assure playing time - something I hope Rennes did as logic suggests.

six years contract boga signed

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/8/9274947/jeremie-boga-new-chelsea-contract-extension-question-mark

I have written about my admiration for Boga a few times on here but I will do it once again. I think he is fantastic. I remember when he made his debut for our U21 against Fulham at the mere age of 15 and he absolutely shined. Was not fazed at all and was the best player that game. A typical Hazard like player with his dribbling ability, the way they can both hit full speed just with a click of a finger and their excellent balance in shrugging of defences. Boga's free kick ability is excellent as well.

You are so right though. Boga is not highlighted as much as some of the others when I think he has got much more potential than Brown and the others you listed. If he gets over his injury problems, the sky is the limit for him. Just far too talented. I think some people have even forgotten the goal he scored for our first team against RZ Pellets and our U21 game against Everton which were two fantastic solo goals. Friendly or U21 game, when you produce something like that you just know that the player is something special. There are too many clips posted in his thread where I hope people look over just to his sheer talent. Musonda is the only other player in our youth/U21 teams/out on loan who is capable of doing something similar.

Would of preferred if he went to Rayo as I think like Kakuta, that loan would have been ideal for him but I like what I have heard of Rennes and the football they play so hopefully he shines out there.

Been posted earlier in the thread but this goal against Everton was just sublime. What an individual effort. Can't help but purr over that. Was looking back at this thread from page 1 and seeing the amazing clips people have posted of him. A joy watching them over again.

http://zippy.gfycat.com/BogusAlertKoalabear.webm

I agree although I feel Musonda is on par with him ability/talent wise. Only two things that can stop Boga from making it here are injuries (He's quite injury prone) and Mourinho's lack of faith generally in youngsters (especially ones with smaller physique)

I agree although I feel Musonda is on par with him ability/talent wise. Only two things that can stop Boga from making it here are injuries (He's quite injury prone) and Mourinho's lack of faith generally in youngsters (especially ones with smaller physique)

Agreed however Boga is built like Hazard. They are both fairly stocky which helps them with their great balance on the field.

Weird thing is that Boga is actually very well built.

I have written about my admiration for Boga a few times on here but I will do it once again. I think he is fantastic. I remember when he made his debut for our U21 against Fulham at the mere age of 15 and he absolutely shined. Was not fazed at all and was the best player that game. A typical Hazard like player with his dribbling ability, the way they can both hit full speed just with a click of a finger and their excellent balance in shrugging of defences. Boga's free kick ability is excellent as well.

You are so right though. Boga is not highlighted as much as some of the others when I think he has got much more potential than Brown and the others you listed. If he gets over his injury problems, the sky is the limit for him. Just far too talented. I think some people have even forgotten the goal he scored for our first team against RZ Pellets and our U21 game against Everton which were two fantastic solo goals. Friendly or U21 game, when you produce something like that you just know that the player is something special. There are too many clips posted in his thread where I hope people look over just to his sheer talent. Musonda is the only other player in our youth/U21 teams/out on loan who is capable of doing something similar.

Would of preferred if he went to Rayo as I think like Kakuta, that loan would have been ideal for him but I like what I have heard of Rennes and the football they play so hopefully he shines out there.

Been posted earlier in the thread but this goal against Everton was just sublime. What an individual effort. Can't help but purr over that. Was looking back at this thread from page 1 and seeing the amazing clips people have posted of him. A joy watching them over again.

http://zippy.gfycat.com/BogusAlertKoalabear.webm

Acceleration, balance, agility, close control, low sense of gravity in stocky body and all included in one package is as exclusive as it gets. That's so rare mainly because you have players with trickery and close control but they lack that physically Boga has. He's well equipped for the senior game. That's why I think comparisons with Kakuta are typical "black, French, attacking midfielder" thing. Kakuta was weak physically, look at this Everton goal where Boga endured all sorts of assault during his run but he kept going. He scored so many of that type of goals when he was attacked from the back or tripped all led to nothing. All he needs is someone with good link up play in tight spaces to allow to play 1-2 at full pace. So many times Solanke or Feruz or Brown ruined very good runs because they couldn't deliver decent ball back.

Also forget to mention it but Boga's mentality and style of play are exceptionally simple but great. I don't remember when he did trick just for the sake of it, he is solely focusing on beating of opponents but not for fun but getting closer to goal, creating space to run. I don't know if there's anyone like that who is as technically brilliant but don't try tricks at all. Even look at his assist at his first game against Fulham at the age of 15 when he's done couple of stepovers only to allow him to pass the ball over the top. He's so modest and natural in what he does. The lad has top mentality

The thing with Boga is that he looked first team ready at 16. He has to play at that age while he didn't even get his debut in full competitive game yet. Lille or something like that would get him few appearances at 16 then start playing him full time when he's 17. They did that with Hazard and I don't think Hazard is better talent wise than Boga. When you look how Hazard played in Euro U17 in 2007 as 16 yo he was similar, elite dribbling, acceleration, agility, control but still inconsistent. He played though and played a lot of football at senior level.

But so many teams were after Boga so it means all scouts see how good he is. I hope at Rennes he has enough opportunities though they loaned in Quintero and also have for example Grosicki, who is full Poland international and is playing pretty good. It won't be easy. Rayo was sure bet that he gets plenty of time there.

Musonda is the kind of player that allows other to play and he makes team function as he is technically and tactically brilliant. Boga is decisive player though who brings spark to the team and can change the game on his own. Also is better physically equiped and Musonda has to bring a muscle a bit.

Boga's role and appreciation is more obvious but of course Musonda is exceptional talent as well but more functional than decisive (sort of Oscar).

Agreed however Boga is built like Hazard. They are both fairly stocky which helps them with their great balance on the field.

Be honest here. If it came down to it who do you think mourinho is going to choose between Izzy brown and boga?. His track record of favoring big physiqued youngsters is undeniable. Plus izzybis also English (homegrown and all)

True but compared to the likes of Izzy browns, loftus cheek,zouma, Kennedy et all. He's at a disadvantage in Jose's world.

i'd say boga is alot stronger than brown. its musonda i'd worry about, seems to be a real flyweight