Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

Boga needs to be playing in a better team. Granada are really poor. Put him a good team and we would see more of him. It was like Brown at Rotherham. He struggled there because he was in a poor team but as soon as he goes to Huddersfield and playing with much more quality players, you see how useful he is. Boga should be at a better team because he is so talented.

Played 27 games in a decent Rennes side last season where an unknown quantity (Dembele) shone in half a season. I honestly have watched very little of him, but he doesn't seem like someone that will ever get a look in.

On 11/12/2016 at 6:38 PM, DDA said:

He can dribble at speed like a baby on the back of a motorbike but he really needs to learn when to release the ball.

Gaël Kakuta was like aswell look the way he end up I hope I'm wrong I just see him has another Gaël Kakuta 

5 hours ago, Stats said:

Boga needs to be playing in a better team. Granada are really poor. Put him a good team and we would see more of him. It was like Brown at Rotherham. He struggled there because he was in a poor team but as soon as he goes to Huddersfield and playing with much more quality players, you see how useful he is. Boga should be at a better team because he is so talented.

I don't know, he wasn't really impressive at Rennes either. Contrast someone like Pereira who's in the same team as him and still doing relatively well... huge question marks on whether Jeremie can make it at the very top level. 

5 hours ago, the wes said:

Gaël Kakuta was like aswell look the way he end up I hope I'm wrong I just see him has another Gaël Kakuta 

I think Jed's case is very different to Gael's and much more worrying for the academy.

The first time I saw Gael play, in a youth team game at Stamford Bridge, I posted to say that I felt he had no chance to make it at top level. With Jed, my equivalent post rated his chances at 50/50, though I admitted soon afterward that this was a bit optimistic. Even so his trajectory since then has been disappointing. Disappointing and concerning.

Despite the rave reviews Gael received when he first came to our attention, there were, and are, flaws in his game. Flaws which are fixed, and which severely limit his prospects. There are also flaws in Jed's game of course, but these seem to me to be of a different nature. He doesn't lack technique and he doesn't lack physique. He has the tools but he has not learned to use them effectively. Well not effectively enough anyway.

I've often made the point that an academy can't promise to turn a youngster into a first teamer. They can only promise to make him the best player he can be. I'm not sure that's been fulfilled in Jed's case. I have similar concerns over RLC's development. I don't think he's as good as he should be. These are the only two players where I have any doubt the coaching input but their example doesn't make me ready to condem Cobham. I would want to ask Neil Bath some questions if I had the chance however.

12 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I don't know, he wasn't really impressive at Rennes either. Contrast someone like Pereira who's in the same team as him and still doing relatively well... huge question marks on whether Jeremie can make it at the very top level. 

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Played 27 games in a decent Rennes side last season where an unknown quantity (Dembele) shone in half a season. I honestly have watched very little of him, but he doesn't seem like someone that will ever get a look in.

Fair enough. It is a shame. One of the most talented players I have seen in out youth teams. The ability is there. Maybe it is a confidence thing. He needs to have the belief because he has so much quality to his game when on form. Pace, dribbling, balance, vision and just such an exciting player. I want to see him play for a better team but like the likes of Abraham, he needs to prove he can do it with poorer teams for a better team to take a chance on him.

• 3 months later...

Brilliant performance. Completely bossed the game and his confidence to be so direct in taking players on was so refreshing to see. I just hope this is not a case of deja vu. I remember when he played pre-season for us around 3 seasons ago and went on this solo run where h beat like 5 players against Wolfsberger and scored too and we were so impressed but don't think we saw anything of him during the actual season. Now he is 3 years older and more matured, so hope he can be trusted. These kids from our youth teams don't boss those games for no reason. There are some genuine talents and he is one of them.

can do himself afew favours by showing up well on tour , slots there to be filled this season again for homegrown u21's hope he or / and musonda step up and grab any chance they get , looking at our squad we will need afew to step up

Chelsea FC news: 'Jeremie Boga is the new Eden Hazard!' Fans laud starlet's display against Arsenal
Read more at https://talksport.com/football/chelsea-fc-news-jeremie-boga-new-eden-hazard-fans-laud-starlets-display-against-arsenal#bx3RPZjJhQlq7pLt.99

Good performance.  The talent is clearly there.

I don't want his performance to be overrated here though.  He did well, but it left a few question marks for me too.  He didn't seem super willing to make runs off the ball and seemed content with playing it safe.  I wouldn't call his performance "direct" as some have.  He didn't really drive with the ball directly at the goal, instead being safe, taking the ball away from defenders.  Once he passed it or lost it, he often stood still.  Part of this may have been he was fatigued (he seemed very tired in the second half especially).  Part of it may just be he preferred to play it safe and not take too many risks.  Part of it may be confidence.  

He has all the talent and physical tools, but I worry about it translating to the first team.  It was a mostly positive performance.  Hopefully he grows in confidence.  

I wouldn't be against giving Boga a real chance in the first team next season. At some stage some of these players need to be given opportunities and the way in which that happens is you have a smaller squad depth which gives 2 or 3 of these players game time throughout the season.

I actually rate Pedro and Willian far higher than most do on this forum. They would walk into any other team in the league except perhaps City. Very experienced, quick, and high work rate which balances the team out well. Hazard is obviously the X factor and the main man. If Boga can be this direct and confident in competitive games, he could be a young, hungry wildcard option and a very good option to bring off the bench in some games where you need something different.

I will seriously prefer if Boga didn't go on loan next season and instead was integrated into the first team. I've always considered him our biggest talent in the youth team (which is saying a LOT). Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Boga. That's just scary. Please, Antonio make it happen. 

Can integrate him and use him as 4th option or we can go and buy decent-not-world-class player in Mahrez ilk to completely block the path for our youngster. Those are decisions.

Boga surrounded with quality can be something else. Eden Hazard + Jeremie Boga playing in one side is a dream.

I was just sold a dream. Thanks Ospina.