Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

Nice. That's two starts in a row. Only thing is he's been playing as a centre forward. But at least he's playing I guess.

Partly because Ntep is injured and Sio has been suspended. Once they are back, it probably will be back to the bench. But, yeah 2 starts in a row. Goal to his name and even if he is not starting every game, he is getting minutes in a good league and still is only 18 years old. Got loads of time to be a success and I hope he is one here.

• 2 weeks later...
Today he has played the last 20 minutes of the Rennes match. He has played as CF, again, and I don't know if He at least touched the ball... as always that he plays there. His position is clearly as left winger, but he has difficult play there, because the guy Dembele is having a solid performances, and seems that the first option for change in that place is Paulo Henrique. And i'm not taking in count that this is the favorite place of Ntep too who right now is injured.

If his options to play is be the change for the CF, I think that we should search another move for him.

Today he has played the last 20 minutes of the Rennes match. He has played as CF, again, and I don't know if He at least touched the ball... as always that he plays there. His position is clearly as left winger, but he has difficult play there, because the guy Dembele is having a solid performances, and seems that the first option for change in that place is Paulo Henrique. And i'm not taking in count that this is the favorite place of Ntep too who right now is injured.
If his options to play is be the change for the CF, I think that we should search another move for him.

That's been the case when I've watched Jed play at CF for Rennes. They are not to dissimilar to us in that they don't move the ball very well through midfield and into attack. Anyone would struggle for touches at the head of that team and Jed definitely does. I don't think a new loan is necessarily the answer for him however.

The things that were problems in Jed's game 3 years ago are still problems for him. This is what is preventing him cementing a place in the starting line up. It's no good these lads reading TalkChelsea and believing people who tell them that they should be starting. No matter how many times people post the opinion that the only reason some of our kids are not starting is because Jose hates them and is deliberately trying to destroy Chelsea, it still will not be true. When our loanees find that other managers, who presumably do not hate kids, are not picking them either, then they might realise that the truth resides in other posts.

Won a penalty for Rennes after a good move started by him. Forcing himself into the side..?

That is the perfect position for him, not as CF as Montainer put him the 90% of the times.

BTW, today has not played not even one minute.

And as I said some days ago, his teammate and compatriot Dembele, is very good, similar to Coman. I can see him signing for a team like Tottenham or Monaco in soon.

• 3 weeks later...

No one has talked about his goal yesterday? Well, our kid scored in the French cup. He tied the game when there were only 10 minutes left.

Also, he scored on the penalty kicks (Good shot btw).

His goal on the 1:18 minute. Nothing special but good for him score an important goal for his team.

2 minutes ago, illmatic said:

Another goal of our kid! A great goal! 

Today he is playing since the start.

Nice. 2 goals in a week. Nice to see him trusted with a start in the league and I hope he is in the team with N'tep when he returns rather than make way for him. Such an outstanding talent.

30 minutes ago, Stats said:

Nice. 2 goals in a week. Nice to see him trusted with a start in the league and I hope he is in the team with N'tep when he returns rather than make way for him. Such an outstanding talent.

Will be very difficult because the kid Dembele has been outstanding too. Even, to be honest, until the goal, the match of Jeremie not was the better, like all of his teammates excepting Dembele, who was playing well, being by far the best player of Rennes. But he has all the talent to keep on the starting XI if starts to show all of his abilities.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

The reason why I don't think we need to spend big on a no.10... This kid is the truth!

Oh dear I must look a bit like a stalker right now but...

No he really isn't. Jed's talent is huge but he is not yet putting it all together. Currently his game adds up to less than the sum of its parts. Much less.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Oh dear I must look a n=bit like a stallker right now but...

No he really isn't. Jed's talent is huge but he is not yet putting it all together. Currently his game adds up to less than the sum of its parts. Much less.

I disagree... I think the kid has everything. Yes he is inconsistent but when he's brilliant he is of that quality that makes you want to watch.

6 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I disagree... I think the kid has everything. Yes he is inconsistent but when he's brilliant he is of that quality that makes you want to watch.

Yes he has all the technical gifts but his decisions are still poor. When he's on it he's out of this world as vs Barca U20s a couple of seasons ago for example. He also had a brilliant, brilliant game* in the final stages of last season's UEFA Youth League, but in the main his displays are just a big disappointment.

*Actually half a game is nearer the truth.

He has played the 90 minutes on the today Rennes win. For me, his best overall game so far. He looks more participating, with more confidence. Every game looks better. With continuity, this guy will make blow his name.

And again, Dembele, the best player on the pitch. Those 2 kids are material for the french NT in the next years.

Saw some of the game last night and he played well. He made some good passes, dribbles and link play.

Another year or two playing consistent football and we will have a player ready to contribute. Hopefully Musonda makes a similar move too.